MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Mac-Guy

i cant believe this and strength havent come out yet. im in terrible need of sleep.
Last year, the collections were released on 12/22 on Pro. Not sure when they were available to all folks. Maybe it was 12/24?

However, this doesn't mean that they will do the same this year...

duckrodeo

I had Daphne Guinness stuff ordered from the regular site on 12/22 as well. Which was Friday last year - they offered Saturday delivery. I'm crossing my fingers for a 12/21 release this year (order MAC, world ends lol)

ChosenOne

I had Daphne Guinness stuff ordered from the regular site on 12/22 as well. Which was Friday last year - they offered Saturday delivery. I'm crossing my fingers for a 12/21 release this year (order MAC, world ends lol)
rofl.gif
Literally almost laughed out loud at my desk at work. I wonder if the Mayans knew the end of the world would be brought on by MAC releasing too many collections at once?

erine1881

She only did hand swatches, as she says…. These blushes look very shimmery on the hand, but the shimmer disappears (where, I do not know) when you apply them to your face. Wow, this collection is going to totally suck for good photos and proper reviews, I'm afraid…..
I've been saying this for years!!! I STILL have no idea why this happens, but it does!

liba

I really hope the prolongwears are softer than the kohls from glamourdaze cuz I do not like those.
Some are softer than others, but they've got a kind of waxy feeling too. The black, brown and teal are the creamiest, the navy's in the middle, and the purple is much waxier and stiffer. The Glamourdaze kohls are stiffer by a bit, but not waxy.

Mac-Guy

AB is lighter than WW by a bit, besides being a different type of color and sheen. I'd say you're in the skin tone range where it'd be a blush, not a contour, and it might not show up that well and just blend in with your skin. Try Before Buy is my usual mantra. On me, NC15, WW looked better on me when all my yellowish summer tan was totally gone (I almost missed out on it because at first I didn't like how it looked on me), while AB looked good right off the bat.
Did you get it after all? It seems like there will be tons of similar shades this year - just like there were so many different colors that were close to Early Morning in 2012. I think it's a must buy only if #1: you loooooooooove MBs and #2: it looks great on without a lot of hassle; but I'm one that has an easy time resisting natural and nude colored blushes, if they don't grab my heart. Hell, I almost passed on WW and totally skipped Earthshine (
bangin.gif
, I know). I'm going to wear the heck out of AB, but it was an easy choice on my skin.

They're rated waterline safe, which amazed me. I wore the navy one all day, including during a workout and it stayed in my waterline and didn't sting or irritate at all. Some of the colors look shimmery when swatched, but once applied, the shimmer is not obvious.
Some are softer than others, but they've got a kind of waxy feeling too. The black, brown and teal are the creamiest, the navy's in the middle, and the purple is much waxier and stiffer. The Glamourdaze kohls are stiffer by a bit, but not waxy.

I have it on hold, but I might pass. As I said, I believe it will work for me during the summer, but on my pale and cool winter skin, it didn't look flattering (and I love nude blushes). If I get it, it will require some work though (bronzers and possibly another color to add on top of it).

Mac-Guy

Did Pro and regular release at the same time? I can't remember anymore.

I'm still crossing my fingers for an early release on Pro, but it probably won't happen.

Mac-Guy

I've been saying this for years!!! I STILL have no idea why this happens, but it does!
I guess it has to do with how heavy you swatch it. People are usually more heavy-handed on the back of the hand (pun intended), while on the cheeks, you'll blend them out more and diffuse the shimmer.

MakeMeUp79

I saw this collection today and was kinda disappointed. I mean it is pretty but nothing screamed 'buy me'. More money for strength then! I will be getting all 5 lippies!!

martiangurll

alright, I am starting to be more interested in the PLW liners than anything else. The MES love is sort of fading and none of the lippies are really appealing. Think I will be more focused on Strength...Alpine Bronze will probably still make the cut and Silver Birch, but swatches are actually weeding out more choices than in.

Mac-Guy

alright, I am starting to be more interested in the PLW liners than anything else. The MES love is sort of fading and none of the lippies are really appealing. Think I will be more focused on Strength...Alpine Bronze will probably still make the cut and Silver Birch, but swatches are actually weeding out more choices than in.
AC is all about the PLW e/l, hehehe :)

Yazmin

When i swatched and pre-ordered, i passed on Stereo Rose - it's lovely, but it's too orange for me.

But now i'm wishing i'd pre-saled Porcelain Pink, and i probably won't be in town when the collection goes "live". I LOVE Blonde and Redhead, and Porcelain Pink is kinda in between the two.

Now I'll have to call my local MAC and see if "my" MUA is there and if she'll hold one for me - i mean, she WAS holding one for me, but i had her put it back, and now i'm having second thoughts.

All i pre-ordered was Hot Chocolate lipstick and Nice & Simple mineralized balm.

I'll probably pick up one or two eye shadows when it come out.
If you store can't/won't hold one for you, let me know and I'll contact my SA to have her pull an extra one.

BuickMackane

I understand there's a poor colour payoff issue with PP but I still can't help but want it. I think it would come in handy for blending and/or toning down dark blushes but that's just an impression I got by looking at swatches. Does anyone who owns PP use it for this purpose?

martiangurll

I understand there's a poor colour payoff issue with PP but I still can't help but want it. I think it would come in handy for blending and/or toning down dark blushes but that's just an impression I got by looking at swatches. Does anyone who owns PP use it for this purpose?
I use it for everything but mainly when I want a pink toned HL with golden sheen. It is really gorgeous. My top 3 MSF are Porcelain Pink, Lightscapeade, and Perfect Topping--and I am NC20 for reference. (Well, in the winter, more like NW17.5)

pocketmouse

I think I'm just going to get Stereo Rose from this collection (and maybe the teal or violet e/l), I've been a little iffy about it from the swatches I've seen but I love MSFs and don't have any coral-y ones so I'll probably love it once I see it in person. I've gotta save the rest of my money for Strength and Archie's Girls.