MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

BuickMackane

I use it for everything but mainly when I want a pink toned HL with golden sheen. It is really gorgeous. My top 3 MSF are Porcelain Pink, Lightscapeade, and Perfect Topping--and I am NC20 for reference. (Well, in the winter, more like NW17.5)
Thank you! I haven't got PT but I do have Lightscapade and I love it. Now that I think about it I don't have any pink toned highlighters. I guess I should get PP - I know for a fact I'll regret it if I don't.

moonzie

Hello everybody! I'm new as a poster to this site, but I've been looking at threads for awhile to get info when I need it! I was able to take a look at everything for this collection last night to place a pre-order. I wanted to add a couple of my opinions to the discussion since I got to swatch the products, and I wanted to include some comments on how some of this stuff looks on an NC40/42. Here we go!

Mineralize Blushes

Alpine Bronze: I initially wasn't sure if I even wanted to look at this since it seemed like it was on the lighter side of brown, and sometimes colors like that are completely pointless for my skin tone. I ended up getting AB because it gave my face a nice glow, and I realized that I don't have anything that does this without being a pink or coral-based blush. It reminded me of NARS Laguna, except it has more pigmentation and has a sheen to it instead of shimmer. I'd say that skin tones darker than mine should check this out in person to decide whether it's worth buying or not.
Amber Glow: Straight up highlighter on me. It seemed very white-based on my skin, so it was borderline chalky despite having some nice shimmer in it. It didn't wow me at all since it behaved like any other mediocre highlighter would on me. Sidenote: I have sensitive skin, but I can tolerate Mineralize products just fine. This is the only thing from MAC that has ever given me a reaction. It stung right after I swatched it, and the back of my hand flushed where I put it almost immediately. I had also swatched Alpine Bronze and Stereo Rose on the same hand, and my skin was fine in those areas. This might have been a fluke (the weather has changed where I am, so I'm drier than usual), but I highly recommend that people with sensitive skin test this in person before buying.

Lipsticks

Warm Companion: Buy this if you like layering lipstick/lipgloss, etc. It looks AWESOME when it's mixed with Cozy Up.
Cozy Up: Speaking of which, if you're around the NC40/42 range, this would make for a lovely nude. I love anything warm-toned since my skin pulls pretty yellow (especially when I've lost my tan), and this was very flattering on me.
Hot Chocolate: For those of you worrying about the brown in this lipstick, you shouldn't. It was pretty solidly plum on me! I feel like this will shift in tone depending on what your skin tone is, though.
Apres Chic: This reminded me of NARS Moscow. It has that same strawberry red tone to it on me, and I think that this is another example of a lipstick that will look different on everybody. It leaned warmer on my face.
Haute Attitude: I really loved this. This looked like a more neutral pink to me, and it's beautiful. It has a pop to it even though it's a very basic lip color. This is another one that you just have to try to see how it looks on you.

All the eyeshadows were very soft, and they seemed much more pigmented than what came out with Heavenly Creature. I can't remember my impressions about them other than loving every single one. I apologize for not having pictures! I was in a rush and didn't have time to take a picture of everything I looked at before I left the store.

Debbs

I am wearing Petrol Blue Pearlglide today with Magnetic Attraction. My Prussian E/L is almost gone. I love love love these blues so definitely getting Night Trail!!!
Team PLW E/L

kimibos

Last year, the collections were released on 12/22 on Pro. Not sure when they were available to all folks. Maybe it was 12/24?

However, this doesn't mean that they will do the same this year...
i just dont think im gonna be able to stalk on the 24th. i celebrate christmas that day. so all the cooking happens in the morning and dinner on the evening, i hope my aunt comes early today so i can just go and add to my pre-order at the mac store.

martiangurll

i just dont think im gonna be able to stalk on the 24th. i celebrate christmas that day. so all the cooking happens in the morning and dinner on the evening, i hope my aunt comes early today so i can just go and add to my pre-order at the mac store.
I am going to try and order Strength stuff from the Vegas Pro store, maybe they will sell AC too? Waiting for the number in the other thread, if they sell or presell AC stuff, I will post that here

sungelly87

Yay! I'm definitely going to the Dallas store to swatch on Friday (day off). Hopefully everything I want will still be there.

duckrodeo

Did Pro and regular release at the same time? I can't remember anymore.

I'm still crossing my fingers for an early release on Pro, but it probably won't happen.
I don't think they released at the same time, but it seems like it was the same day. The only time I remember a simultaneous PRO/Regular site launch was with Heavenly Creature.

I went through my order history on my MAC account and pulled up the order placed on 12/22, e-mail had a confirmation at close to 1pm PST that day, and package was delivered on 12/23.

KMQE716

Do you plan on going to the event? If so and if possible please take pictures for us...the swatches of these lately have been diappointing
No i won't be in town by then. i just happened to be calling about something and the MA told me they were releasing everything early. I'm going to check the Nordstrom where i am at now and see if they have anything yet

erine1881

Will they ship to me if I am not a PRO?
Yes.
I am going to try and order Strength stuff from the Vegas Pro store, maybe they will sell AC too?  Waiting for the number in the other thread, if they sell or presell AC stuff, I will post that here
They will sell AC as well. 702-369-8770
a8857b1f_image.jpeg

EOTD-Fanny

My list so far:
mac_wishlist.gif

Apres Chic l/s
heart.gif
Gorgeous!

Cozy Up l/s

Warm Companion l/s (maybe)

Haute Attitude l/s (maybe)

Frost at Midnight mes
heart.gif
Hauntingly beautiful!

Fireside mes
heart.gif
Amazing!

Silver Birch mes

Winter Pursuit mes (maybe)

Ice mes (maybe)

Stereo Rose msf (maybe)

I doubt I can afford all the stuff, though.
ohboy.gif

If only I were rich...I would get the whole damn collection!

ChosenOne

Well, you could skip the purple one
tong.gif
Yes! This was already in the plan, but can I really wait to get the brown, the black, and the Night Trail? Maybe I'll wait to get those until after xmas...hope for some gift cards. Trying to stand by this plan.
SOS.gif

liba

Yes! This was already in the plan, but can I really wait to get the brown, the black, and the Night Trail? Maybe I'll wait to get those until after xmas...hope for some gift cards. Trying to stand by this plan.
SOS.gif
I'm getting Night Trail for sure, but holding off on the others for now.

The teal is a great shade, but not really for my eye color and I have plenty of brown and black liners atm, plus I don't really require waterproof. I really like how they weren't irritating at all, though, so over time I might segue into more of these. I'll also definitely snag unusual colors if they bring out LEs in these here and there.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if it does, but there's a good chance that the products will appear first in this link before you can see them anywhere else on the US site:

Apres Chic | M·A·C Cosmetics | Official Site

HTH, and happy stalking and hauling.

I hope there will be lots of swatches before it releases here in Germany (Jan 2nd I believe).
sigh.gif

ETA: another pic. I am dying for more MES and l/s swatches over here, ughh.

.@thatbecky | I got that Après Chic stuff hella early! Love my beauty store. :] #apreschic... | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer