MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

ChosenOne

I'm getting Night Trail for sure, but holding off on the others for now.

The teal is a great shade, but not really for my eye color and I have plenty of brown and black liners atm, plus I don't really require waterproof. I really like how they weren't irritating at all, though, so over time I might segue into more of these. I'll also definitely snag unusual colors if they bring out LEs in these here and there.
I'm thinking I'll end up doing the same. I might even wear my black and brown e/l more frequently so I can use them up and get the PLW versions sooner, lol

kimibos

I'm not sure if it does, but there's a good chance that the products will appear first in this link before you can see them anywhere else on the US site:

Apres Chic | M·A·C Cosmetics | Official Site

HTH, and happy stalking and hauling.

I hope there will be lots of swatches before it releases here in Germany (Jan 2nd I believe).
sigh.gif
i hope it comes out in a couple of hours!! 12-3 am less people up
girlhaha.gif

kimibos

Are you on West coast? My new born use to wake me every few hours but now I get woken with this collection possibly being up!
no im in the east. well my cats get crazy active at night so i just leave my computer on,and wake up every hour. but i took a long nap today so im ready for a long stalking night
th_DANCE.gif
i may even have some candy and coke to be like the bananas once i feel tired.
nanaparty.gif

Jol0

no im in the east. well my cats get crazy active at night so i just leave my computer on,and wake up every hour. but i took a long nap today so im ready for a long stalking night :happydance: i may even have some candy and coke to be like the bananas once i feel tired. :nanas:
Bahaha you got me cracking up! I'm debating on pulling an all nighter but Christmas party tomorrow and requires beauty sleep. I might just say screw it and get everything from this collection

kimibos

Bahaha you got me cracking up! I'm debating on pulling an all nighter but Christmas party tomorrow and requires beauty sleep. I might just say screw it and get everything from this collection
ohh christmas party? Have Fun, i would offer a cp but im already doing some heavy ones, and i dont want my order to be cancel.

Jol0

ohh christmas party? Have Fun, i would offer a cp but im already doing some heavy ones, and i dont want my order to be cancel. 
Aww thanks! But ya no worries. The mall opens at 8am next wedsnsay and 4 places will be carrying the collection if I don't get it online. Ya would be a BETTER party if I could wear my new makeup! Thanks MAC...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
you are soo good, at finding stuff online. i bet you can hack the mac site. if i was a hacker i would do it hahahahhahaha
girlhaha.gif
I just have advanced stalker skills. You need those if you want to get your hands on MAC LE items over here.

liba

I stared at that photo for a while and am pretty certain the lipsticks are Apres Chic and Warm Companion. The MES are from top to bottom, Ice, Winter Pursuit, Silver Birch and Fireside. The eye pencil is the teal one, Mountain Air. The filter is making everything a bit darker and warmer than real life, but it's pretty realistic. :D

Soon there will be many swatches everywhere!!

I love this collection so much!!!!

kimibos

I stared at that photo for a while and am pretty certain the lipsticks are Apres Chic and Warm Companion. The MES are from top to bottom, Ice, Winter Pursuit, Silver Birch and Fireside. The eye pencil is the teal one, Mountain Air. The filter is making everything a bit darker and warmer than real life, but it's pretty realistic. :D

Soon there will be many swatches everywhere!!

I love this collection so much!!!!
thanks for taking the time to stare and label them
girlhaha.gif
so fireside mes is plummy? like purple with gold veining?? i dont like the look of silver birch. i kind of want frost at midnight and fireside now.

liba

thanks for taking the time to stare and label them
girlhaha.gif
so fireside mes is plummy? like purple with gold veining?? i dont like the look of silver birch. i kind of want frost at midnight and fireside now.
Fireside is a warm plum mixed with a pale blue/green/grey. When I applied it to my eyes, it looked like a really soft, lovely version of Blue Brown pigment - it looked very duochrome too. I have some darker skin around my lids, so if your lids are pale or you're using base, it'll look more plum. Winter Pursuit actually looked very similar on the eyelid for me, just a bit warmer and a bit more orange, and less duochrome. My MA preferred it to Fireside, but I was kind of torn - I really liked them both, but they were definitely more similar on than in the pan on me.

Don't even worry about how Silver Birch looks in the pan - it is drop dead gorgeous when applied, wet or dry!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had to pick only 2 for myself, it'd be Silver Birch and Frost at Midnight, hands down.

LavenderPearl

Is there anyone who has both SR and Petticoat MSF that would be willing to compare the frostiness level? Lol I feel so weird for asking, but I'm worried that the former will be too metallic-looking on my deeper skintone... Petticoat pushes my shimmer boundaries as it is, I'm very careful with how much I apply when I use it. /just wondering

I keep getting confused as to whether this is coming out in all stores or not -___- But I've cut my list down:
- Stereo Rose MSF (depends on the "scaly" factor)
- Hot Chocolate l/s (depends on how it looks on my lips, but it sounds the most interesting)
- Apres Chic l/s (seems similar to Fire Sign, which I don't wear enough as it is)

They're all tentative maybes, and with the massive lipstick hoarding I've allotted for Strength, it wouldn't hurt my wallet to just skip this collection entirely. I mean, as long as the PLW e/l are permanent... otherwise we're going to have some problems lol