MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

lilinah

I'm wearing Hot Chocolate today. I'm very happy with the color.

And it even held up through drinking a cup of hot chocolate!

Rinstar

just for giggles is Mehr anything like Haute Altitude? anything in perm range similar to Hot Chocolate?
Funny you ask this, after receiving HA today, I dragged Mehr out to see. Mehr is darker, more brown and more plummy. HA is lighter and much pinker. There is something that seems similar about them though! HA looks very different on me than Mehr, so I am happy to have both. I can do comparison pics tomorrow am.

lilinah

I got one Mineralize Lip Balm. It's the first time i've ever tried them. I'm not a big balm wearer, but it's winter...

I put it on when i got up this morning - it was around 61F in the house and i needed a little coddling. The vanilla scent is definitely much stronger than in MAC lipsticks - i found it annoying, but at least it isn't as horrible as some fruit and candy scented drugstore glosses. It was also definitely less sticky than most MAC lip glosses, and it felt moisturizing to me, but i'm not a balm or gloss freak, YMMV.

These are tinted, not as colored as lip glosses, but i definitely could see the color on my lips. This sort of product will not give a good swatch on an arm - since they are sheer they blend with the wearer's lip color, and most people's lips are not the same color as their arms. I have Nice & Simple. Described as "Bronzy gold with multidimensional pearl", i find it's kinda nude - it definitely tones down my lip color, and it seemed to me to have a subtle shimmer; it's also very glossy.

It isn't a must-have for me - i'm just not a big wearer of balms and glosses. But those who are really into balms and glosses should give this product a whirl.

nikki1387

Funny you ask this, after receiving HA today, I dragged Mehr out to see. Mehr is darker, more brown and more plummy. HA is lighter and much pinker. There is something that seems similar about them though! HA looks very different on me than Mehr, so I am happy to have both. I can do comparison pics tomorrow am.
thanks! i think i might only worry about getting hot chocolate then. i think mehr would be more my style since my lips are quite pigmented and anything light looks horrendous!

Ayanna

Is the tinted balm worth $19.50? I'm debating between another lipstick and the balm...leaning more toward another lippie due to the price.

Prettypackages

Cartoon chic, I bought warm companion and I hate frost. I thought the color was beautiful. I put nice and simple on top of it to tone down the frost and it was gorgeous

Naughtyp

i have enough $$ to get 1 more item right now. I can't decide between the teal eyeliner, 1 more lip balm or silver birch es or ice es... I can't decide. ;( hopefully T will post swatches soon , haven't sen too many es swatches yet. I really like the teal liner but since its perm I guess itcan wait???

katred

Specktra Bestie

hot chocolate w plum liner.
Looks lovely on you! I tried it on today, but I'm still a little unsure. It looked more brown in the store lighting, which made it less flattering on me. I'll continue to think about it, I'm sure.

I did pick up Apres Chic. It reminds me a bit of a redder version of Brick-o-la, which I used to have and quite liked.

And, of course, I also got Silver Birch. It is glittery, but I do like the shade. Hope you were able to stay warm and dry today!!

KathyHC

By chance does anybody know how Cozy Up compares to To The Future Prolongwear lippie?
Due to some swatches I am considering on it now (if i get to find it on my store during the weekend) .. and regretting not getting Amber Glow!
wondering.gif

amynicolaox

Only hauled 3 things (trying to be good & not go crazy over all the MAC Collections).

I ended up with:
Cozy Up l/s
Haute Altitude l/s (I sometimes find pinks hard to wear, but this is so neutral and gorgeous)
Silver Birch MES (pretty unique and gorgeous especially if you get a heavily veined one, i think it'll look gorgeous with hocus pocus in the crease).

Already owned Stereo Rose from the previous release and I don't use it that much so didn't BU. I do think the mineralized balms were pretty cute too, so in the future i may go back for one.

KathyHC

I ended up with: Cozy Up l/s
Haute Altitude l/s (I sometimes find pinks hard to wear, but this is so neutral and gorgeous)
Silver Birch MES (pretty unique and gorgeous especially if you get a heavily veined one, i think it'll look gorgeous with hocus pocus in the crease).

Already owned Stereo Rose from the previous release and I don't use it that much so didn't BU. I do think the mineralized balms were pretty cute too, so in the future i may go back for one.
Video soon? :D

Rinstar

thanks! i think i might only worry about getting hot chocolate then. i think mehr would be more my style since my lips are quite pigmented and anything light looks horrendous!
What I liked a lot about HA is that it wasn't one of those nudes that is so light it looks like concealer or death lol. I think it's the amount of pink in it that works well. I might back it up and I only own a back-up of one lipstick.

Shellcat

A close dupe for Pro Longwear eyeliner in Mountain Air is MUFE Aqua Eyes in 12L:

Top-- MAC Mountain Air

Bottom-- MUFE 12L ( MAC MA is matte while MUFE 12L has more sparkle )

FYI----When I removed these with the MAC eye MU remover, MAC was the toughest one to remove! Needed a few more swipes for MAC MA.

liba

My goodies came! I love everything i got except for strong woman which im a little blah about. I think for me heroine is so much better. Haute altitude and cozy up im so happy i got and alpine bronze just makes me look so healthy when i apply it on my cheeks. I love it! Ill go into details later since im kind of busy now. Swatches will be up tomorrow though
I'm glad everything you got worked out! I hope you take me up on my Warm Companion Challenge!

KiKi Kontour

Hey laydeez!!! im new to the forum...actually i've been stalkin for months when i google up reviews n swatches from collections lol
type.gif