MAC at Costco?!

xxprettyinblkxx

i still love costco...all the mac eyeshadows i've bought from my local costco (manteca, ca) have been FINE...maybe that costco store recieved a bad batch of eyeshadows...trust me, when companies have a costco contract, they do anything to not lose it...i know that since my mom works with a huge produce company locally that has a contract with costco and everyday for that company is a costco day...therefore i trust costco, especially since many people in my family (including my parents) have been costco members and no one has had any complaints about any of the products sold there

MACLovin

^ Right, but have you depotted any of the shadows? They may work fine to you, but if they're still fake they could have god knows what kinds of ingredients that may not be eye safe. you never know... Have you personally depotted the shadows and found a flat bottom of the pan?

abbyquack

I agree MACLovin, I have a few fake e/s that I got on eBay, and even though they look normal and the shadow actually works just fine, I get totally paranoid about what products they used- people who are dishonest enough to make counterfeit goods probably don't care much about the products they put in the fakes! And most likely they're practically the same, but since no one can vouch for that, then no thanks.

Plus, it's not MAC, which is why I am annoyed, regardless if they work as shadows or not. If I bought those, I would be under the impression that they were legit, and by them being fake, that is straight up deceit.

nzgal

Wow, this thread reads like a soap opera, the ups, the downs, the anger, the tears, the DRAMA!

My local Costco (Concord, CA--Nor Cal) has been selling MAC e/s for probably the last month - month & a 1/2. I bought Swish & Blackberry about a month ago but returned them bc I didn't like Swish on me & found Blackberry to hard to blend. Anyhoo, I was at Costco again last night & saw that they had Mulch, so I got that one.

Now I am a little concerned with all this talk about the products being fake... they are packaged ExACtly like you would expect a MAC e/s to be packaged... and look totally legit. I have know idea about the indented pan, but I am planning on hitting a MAC store this weekend & will bring this shadow with me to try it up against the Mulch they have there.

Will report back once I have obtain Scientific like results.

Over & out!

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzgal
Wow, this thread reads like a soap opera, the ups, the downs, the anger, the tears, the DRAMA!

My local Costco (Concord, CA--Nor Cal) has been selling MAC e/s for probably the last month - month & a 1/2. I bought Swish & Blackberry about a month ago but returned them bc I didn't like Swish on me & found Blackberry to hard to blend. Anyhoo, I was at Costco again last night & saw that they had Mulch, so I got that one.

Now I am a little concerned with all this talk about the products being fake... they are packaged ExACtly like you would expect a MAC e/s to be packaged... and look totally legit. I have know idea about the indented pan, but I am planning on hitting a MAC store this weekend & will bring this shadow with me to try it up against the Mulch they have there.

Will report back once I have obtain Scientific like results.

Over & out!

Well, you could always depot the one you got, and see, but then if you're not a depotting fan (like me) you'd have a homeless eyeshadow!
smiles.gif
They must be super good fakes if Blackberry is hard to blend, because it is a hard to blend color (but oh so beautiful, esp with paradisco!). hehe.

Well let us know what you find out, and if you've got pics, feel free to share also!
smiles.gif

nzgal

Ok, so I'm taking a closer look at the one I purchased yesterday & after reading a previous post (in another thread: http://specktra.net/f165/batch-code-...labels-123467/) about batch code numbers, I see that there is a legit batch number stamped on the back of the shadow where the name is and it says "B17" which means that it is of a second batch that was made in January of 2007. So yah, it's about 2 years old already... but I'm feel pretty confident that this is truly a MAC product.

I will be depotting it... will update when I do that!

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzgal
Ok, so I'm taking a closer look at the one I purchased yesterday & after reading a previous post (in another thread: http://specktra.net/f165/batch-code-...labels-123467/) about batch code numbers, I see that there is a legit batch number stamped on the back of the shadow where the name is and it says "B17" which means that it is of a second batch that was made in January of 2007. So yah, it's about 2 years old already... but I'm feel pretty confident that this is truly a MAC product.

I will be depotting it... will update when I do that!

Please do! Because I don't think simply having a batch number that seems legit means that the product is 100% authentic. These fakers are real tricky bastards and can fool even the most eagle-eyed MAC consumers.. So while I hope they are real, I wouldn't count on it until I actually saw the bottom of the pan.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
Has anyone called MAC to ask if they are supplying to Costco?

I think someone in this thread already mentioned the fact that they emailed MAC and they said they do not supply to Costco.. just look back a couple pages I guess, its somewhere in here.

mac_aiken

Found shadows at my local Costco too. They only had 2 colors: Orb and Newly Minted. For reference, I happened to have my NM in my bag and opened one of the Costco shadows. Both had the same batch number and mine was from a MAC store.

xxprettyinblkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Found shadows at my local Costco too. They only had 2 colors: Orb and Newly Minted. For reference, I happened to have my NM in my bag and opened one of the Costco shadows. Both had the same batch number and mine was from a MAC store.

did you open the costco shadow while you were at costco? if so, how did you do that since they are securely packaged?
th_dunno.gif

Maclovin...yes i depotted the shadows i bought from costco and i still didnt notice anything wrong with them when i had them next to ones i purchased from mac stores/counters...sorry if the ones you purchased were fakes
ssad.gif

chocolategoddes

There isn't any MAC in the Gilroy costco but I used to think it was because of the CCO nearby. Now that there is speculation that the MAC is fake, I don't know what to think.

I'm thinking the Costco MAC isn't actually fake but just the bad batches they couldn't sell anywhere else.

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxprettyinblkxx
did you open the costco shadow while you were at costco? if so, how did you do that since they are securely packaged?
th_dunno.gif

Maclovin...yes i depotted the shadows i bought from costco and i still didnt notice anything wrong with them when i had them next to ones i purchased from mac stores/counters...sorry if the ones you purchased were fakes
ssad.gif

I actually had a stock person from the store do it for me when I mentioned that I would love to have it but had to verify where it came from. He looked at me like I was crazy but opened it. After he went to all that trouble for me I bought it and gave it to my sis.
tong.gif

abbyquack

^^you should've brought a lighter along and depotted it too!
smiles.gif
the sales guy would've loved that i'm sure, hehe.

I'm wondering if these are real now too? but what about the one with the indented pan? If MAc says they don't give Costco the supply, could it be that who ever their supplier is mixed some bad ones in with good ones? And who else can supply that many surplus shadows?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
^^you should've brought a lighter along and depotted it too!
smiles.gif
the sales guy would've loved that i'm sure, hehe.

I'm wondering if these are real now too? but what about the one with the indented pan? If MAc says they don't give Costco the supply, could it be that who ever their supplier is mixed some bad ones in with good ones? And who else can supply that many surplus shadows?

Indented pans are fakes. There is an ebay seller here with written confirmation from MAC that they DO NOT use indented pans in their manufacture of eyeshadows. It might be possible to send it in for analysis to MAC directly to see if that manufacture is still current or if they have altered packaging products to now include the indented pans.... would be interesting to see what they say. Otherwise, unless I hear from MAC directly - indented pans are FAKES as far as I am concerned.

MACLovin

Again.. having a good batch number does not automatically = authentic! Unless you actually depotted in the store to verify.. but those fakes on ebay, they have batch #'s. Still fake though.
yes.gif

abbyquack

^^ But xxprettyinblkxx says the pans are not indented correct? Which is why I was wondering what the deal is...but at the same time, I'm surprised the counterfeiters haven't started using flat pans, which they totally could have started doing.
th_dunno.gif

Latest posts