MAC at Costco?!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I just went to Costco in Sunnyvale, Ca. They had a few e/s...
I bought 2 e/s and guess what!!!...

THEY ARE FAKE !

I depotted one and it has the indented circle in the center of the metal pan. Also, it was super hard to get the pan out of the plastic (as if it was "welded" together).
I'll go to Costco tomorrow and talk to a manager about it. I hope that they will refund me for the 2 e/s and remove all the conterfit Mac out of all Costcos. B/c of this, I don't trust Costco.
Who knows... maybe there more expensive beauty products are fake too. Or even the perfumes like Vera Wang Princess, Usher or Diesel could be fakes too.

Oh yeah, the prices of the e/s are way more than CCO prices. $11.49 per e/s

OMG!!! They must shop off Ebay!! That is crazy!!

abbyquack

Ack I'm so glad I read this b/c I was just about to have my sister grab me a blush today at the Fairfax VA costco!! She said they had Peachykeen and a couple other blushes. Can't they get in big trouble with the law, like Sam's? OMG this is a total lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't believe they'd mess with that after Sam's did with the fake bags.

crystrill

How exactly did you know it was fake though? Because it was hard to remove?

And if it is real MAC, like someone said, it can be like that chair story. And I know Target got sued, or was getting sued, by Bare Minerals because they weren't authorized to sell their products. They got it from a third party.

I work at a CCO, and my manager said Estee Lauder likes to pretend that CCO's don't exist, which would explain why in the e-mail, they don't mention CCO's. Because if "everyone" knew about CCO's, no one would buy the stuff at MAC.

abbyquack

I think it unusual for Costco to risk their reputation by selling fake goods, which is why this all makes no sense to me. I know indented pans are a tell tale sign, but...it's just weird. And why hasn't MAC done something about it?

hhunt2

I emailed Mac a few weeks ago regarding my Costco purchase. This is what they had to say...

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

M.A.C products are distributed for sale only at our authorized retail store accounts, or at our free-standing stores. Purchases at one of these authorized accounts are genuine M.A.C merchandise of recent production. In addition, consumers can feel confident when they are serviced by one of our trained representatives, who are familiar with our product line. Costco is not one of our accounts and we therefore have no control over the merchandise that they sell.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

Sincerely,
Fanta Kamara
Response Representative
Global Consumer Communications

I have seen a letter from Mac (posted on Specktra) regarding the indented pans. Basically it said... "Mac e/s pans are produced with a smooth underside."

Even the older Mac e/s's dont have indents. So either way, Costco isnt allowed to resell. On Yelp.com, a gal had mentioned that Costco was falsely reselling a paticular brand of ladders that was only sold thru a paticular company (they had gotten the ladders from a 3rd party). This had happened many years ago.

Personally... it's a lesson learned!
I will ONLY purchase Mac from CCO's or Mac counters/stores. I'm not willing to risk putting unknown chemicals on my eyelids/face.

abbyquack

^^ Yea I agree, there's no way of knowing what they've put in these products! I will only be purchasing from the counter and from CCO from now on too! It just surprises me that MAC wouldn't be alarmed that potentially dangerous/crappy products are being sold under their name...

mizuki~

I am shocked and appalled. Shame on Costco!
nonono.gif

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill

I work at a CCO, and my manager said Estee Lauder likes to pretend that CCO's don't exist, which would explain why in the e-mail, they don't mention CCO's. Because if "everyone" knew about CCO's, no one would buy the stuff at MAC.

I'm not sure that would necessarily be true as CCO's don't carry all of the MAC products or even MAC Pro products.

Deelite033

I went to the Costco in San Jose (Automation), didn't find any MAC but they had Stila eyeshadow duos, and a Smashbox set.

rnsmelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelite033
I went to the Costco in San Jose (Automation), didn't find any MAC but they had Stila eyeshadow duos, and a Smashbox set.

same here!

I went to the San Leandro Costco today they had a 6 Pack/ 12 colors Stila eyeshadow duo for $16.99

MACLovin

Wow, I was just about to bitch about how my Costco sucks because they didn't carry any MAC.... but uh, I guess that's a good thing!

I went to see if they had that Borghese brush set (which they did) and the only makeup I saw was some random mineral brand..

What a shame! Where the hell are they getting their fake product from? They must be getting lots off of ebay or something.

Bah.

abbyquack

^^ LOL, I doubt they're getting it directly from eBay, but they're probably coming from the same counterfeit ring. I wonder if a class action lawsuit could be filed against them for deceiving customers, representing a product as legitimate when it's not?? Any legal experts here?

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Jackie
has anyone ever seen mac at the costcos in utah? ive always check but ive never found any

Uhm.. you might want to check back on the previous page. The eyeshadows seem to be fake, so I wouldn't bother looking anymore..
thmbdn.gif

Latest posts