MAC at Costco?!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPixie
I wouldn't buy MAC from Costco.... something about it just seems wrong.

I totally agree!

twilightessence

I would LOL. If its cheap and real, I'm there. I'm going to have to see if my mom's friend will get me in.... Or if I have my old card to get in to look and if they do have her buy me stuff.

glamaryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
it means cream colour base.
smiles.gif

yeah costco has been coming with a lot of higher end makeup. hehe

CCO... it means Cosmetics Company Outlet

xxprettyinblkxx

yeah...the Costco in Manteca (central valley area) had a lot of Beauty Marked, Deep Truth, Sumptuous Olive, and Swiss Chocolate when i was there on Friday...and tons of the ccb's...i hecka bought the shadows, i was so excited to see them at a cheaper price :)

hhunt2

I'll be going to either the San Jose Costco (near the airport) or the one in Sunnyvale today to stock up items for work. I'll check if there's any e/s or CCB's.

And maybe during the weekend, I'll check out the other Costco's in the South Bay (for people who aren't familiar to Northern California, it's the Silicon Valley area). Oh yea, for people without a Costco card... tell the person who checks your card, your mom is inside shopping or your applying for a job. lol (it always works when I used to do it).

I think it's crazy that Mac would be sold at Costco, but again, whatever deal Mac/Estee Lauder can get is great (more money for them).

Oh yea, has anyone checked if the items are legit??? Like the e/s? Has someone depotted them yet?

hhunt2

Oh yea, I posted a theard on Yelp.com asking Bay Area people if they have seen Mac items at Costco.

Maybe we'll get more people throught out the US to check inventory. lol

EllieFerris

I'm in the Philadelphia area and will check this weekend and report back on Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

bell21

So out of curiosity I emailed MAC asking if the products were legit, this was their response.:

"MAC products are only distributed for sale at our authorized retail store accounts, or at our free-standing stores. Products purchased at one of our authorized accounts are genuine MAC merchandise of recent production. In addition, consumers can feel confident when they are serviced by one of our trained representatives, who are familiar with our product line. Costco is not one of our accounts, and we therefore have no way of knowing how they obtained our products.

So I guess it's a buy at your own risk kind of thing, "
th_dunno.gif

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
Funny how they never mention the CCOs.

That is an Estee Lauder thing, its not directly MAC thats why.

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
Funny how they never mention the CCOs.

I'm pretty sure the cco's are more from mac being an el company and letting left over products because most all the make up brands there are el owned

hhunt2

I went to the Sunnyvale, Ca location today and they had nothing. I only found Stila & Smashbox stuff.

Then I went to the one on Coleman (San Jose, Ca)... they had MAC stuff!
They only had 2 eye shadows (in Deep Truth & Beauty Marked).

There was a price sign for Cream Color Base but there was no cream color base (which I was kinda pissed about). So I walked towards the Smashbox stuff and, surprisingly, found 1 cream color base in Pearl hiding! YAY! I took it and ran to the registers. lol

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I'm pretty sure the cco's are more from mac being an el company and letting left over products because most all the make up brands there are el owned

That's what I was gonna say...it's not really like a partnered location, like Nordies or Macy's....that's probably what they are referring to.

It's just strange to me because all of those shadows that everyone mentioned seeing are from the permanent line, and usually have no problem moving. They are popular staples for people.

bebs

I dont know, I really dont like the idea of buying it else where except for mac or a CCO, we know that they obtain it legally and that they are safe. The ones at costco however, does anybody know? because the CCO's wouldn't sell them that much at one time, MAC... you cant buy over X amount at a time with a pro card, or even an employee has limits, so I don't quite know what to make of this. I'm slightly tempted to go and look, but not quite enough to buy it.