MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Holy Rapture

Winnie, same for as for Sally, is it ? Too dark ?
ssad.gif

dreamer246

It's not too dark, it's too orangey for my liking. It's nice, but it's not my preference. Plus I hardly use it also, so it's always sitting at the back of my drawer, until I occasionally take it out to use.

RayannaBanana

Redhead MSF doesn't have any orangish tones in it does it!?

Because I just got spaced out blush which I thought would work but ended up looking really orange on me.

CantAffordMAC

I messed up my 100 strokes eyeshadow, and pincurl...actually I think EVERY e/s I got from BBR got this hard crust over it, from depotting with a flat iron. when I rub it with my finger, u can see the color but with a brush, it just doesnt work? Well, Im really hoping that all the goodbye products are still on the website IF and when MAC has another FF sale....because I dont really want to buy the items again at full price.

maybe I should crush them and use them as pigment
th_dunno.gif

GlamQueen21

I'm still lemming on Femme Fi and Knight e/s from the BBR collection since they are still in the Goodbyes section. Also, I"m lemming on Soft Wave l/g and Marquise'D l/s.

Face2Mac

Glam, Femme Fi Is good stuff. sorry to tell ya. but you are going to be able to find this in the CB or CCO.

I wore Femme Fi on inner lid and Mulch on outer lid with Hot pinks lips monday, I loved it.

I am still loving on this collection, too.

miss_primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm still lemming on Femme Fi and Knight e/s from the BBR collection since they are still in the Goodbyes section. Also, I"m lemming on Soft Wave l/g and Marquise'D l/s.

Quote:
I'm trying!! I feel so bad for skipping BBR in January!!

Get the items.
yes.gif
Just some friendly peer pressure...lol. I am thinking of picking up of Marquise D l/s and a b/u of Brunette MSF. I wish I had known how lovely it was back in January. I really have been missing out.

cupcake123

I've been wearing Femme Fi a lot lately. Today I had Femme Fi on the lid and I forget what color but some kind of khaki color on the crease. Very easy, simple and nice looking.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Glam, Femme Fi Is good stuff. sorry to tell ya. but you are going to be able to find this in the CB or CCO.

I wore Femme Fi on inner lid and Mulch on outer lid with Hot pinks lips monday, I loved it.

I am still loving on this collection, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer
Get the items.
yes.gif
Just some friendly peer pressure...lol. I am thinking of picking up of Marquise D l/s and a b/u of Brunette MSF. I wish I had known how lovely it was back in January. I really have been missing out.

Thanks girls! I will get Femme Fi, Knight, Soft Wave, Marquise'D, and Flip.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Redhead MSF doesn't have any orangish tones in it does it!?

Because I just got spaced out blush which I thought would work but ended up looking really orange on me.

Nope I was referring to Brunette being orangey on me. Redhead is fine, although there was a period of time when I was super stressed, and it turned orangey on me too. Probably some body chemicals reaction.
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Thanks girls! I will get Femme Fi, Knight, Soft Wave, Marquise'D, and Flip.

huh2.gif
....When does the June cut back start...
lecture.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I messed up my 100 strokes eyeshadow, and pincurl...actually I think EVERY e/s I got from BBR got this hard crust over it, from depotting with a flat iron. when I rub it with my finger, u can see the color but with a brush, it just doesnt work? Well, Im really hoping that all the goodbye products are still on the website IF and when MAC has another FF sale....because I dont really want to buy the items again at full price.

maybe I should crush them and use them as pigment
th_dunno.gif

Just a tip, but I depot by taking the plastic insert out of the pot, flipping it over, lay a piece of parchment over it and put an iron (clothes iron) on top of it for 20-30 seconds. Then I pry the pan out. Comes out really easily, pot undamaged, I've never had a chip, crack, shatter, or heat damage to any of the 30 depots I've done. Give it a try, it may prevent you heartache in the future, especially if your current method isn't working for you and damages LE shadows
cry.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
huh2.gif
....When does the June cut back start...
lecture.gif

It will start next week after some more Style Warriors purchases. I ordered Femme Fi e/s just now and will order Knight e/s whenever I can.

Face2Mac

Good for you, Jacq. But I don't think you need Marquise D, I have finally crossed it off my list. I am going for A Rose Romance and VVG l/s SE, instead. Those I know will show up on me, don't about Marquise D.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Good for you, Jacq. But I don't think you need Marquise D, I have finally crossed it off my list. I am going for A Rose Romance and VVG l/s SE, instead. Those I know will show up on me, don't about Marquise D.

Yeah, I thought about getting Marquise'D and I had to think about what will it look like on my lips and sure it would be too light for me. I'll have to cross it off my list too.

CantAffordMAC

Thank you NeonKitty! I asked before but nobody could help me.
th_worship.gif
I ordered another 100 strokes, and as for the rest of the shadows, im going to keep trying....if it doesnt work, i think Ill just crush them into pigments. Thank u for the advice
smiles.gif

I just ordered Live and Dye as well. I have all but one of the lipsticks, all but one of the lipglasses, and I think i got everything else. BBR was the best collection of 2009