MAC By Request discussion

duckrodeo

They do. If I miss Moxie oh well but I am trippin that they changed CYY.
Looks the same to me. In the newer CYY swatches, T used studio lighting, which makes the color appear lighter. If you look at the arm swatches in both Quite Cute and By Request, they look the same.

Shellcat

Yep, she changed the lighting a while back. I definitely think it's the lighting.

BUT you know how MAC is about changing re-premotes. I am looking at you, Runaway Red!

Looks the same to me. In the newer CYY swatches, T used studio lighting, which makes the color appear lighter. If you look at the arm swatches in both Quite Cute and By Request, they look the same.

UrbanSweetheart

Oh I hope they didn't. Runway Red is the one that got me noticing the changes in rereleases.
same here..I was unfortunate enough to get the second version of RR, thinking it was going to be just like the first
ohboy.gif

Shellcat

Here is Rocker compared to some MAC reds...

Looks pretty unique to me.
cheerleader.gif

http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?color=Red&action=Sort&type=156&brand=11

duckrodeo

I'm wondering how close Rocker is to Dubonnet. I'm thinking Rocker might be more red, plus there's that golden sheen about it, too.

ButterflyDior77

I think Candy Yum Yum, could be lighter... But if you look at the arm swatches, her skin tone looks darker on the Quite Cute arm swatch, and lighter on MAC Request.
So it honestly could just be lighting. She uses different lighting now.

duckrodeo

Not at all alike. Rocker is HG for me but I don't like Dubonnet.
Ohh I didn't look through T's swatches far enough. Good! I'm glad Rocker is better. I haaaate Dubonnet. I love brown reds, but something about Dubonnet is, blech. Reminds me of X-S. They're not similar, but they're both just kind of meh shades.