MAC By Request discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I think it is pretty ridiculous that so many selfish people are abusing the voting and not letting the better colors win. Seriously how many identical red and hot pink lippies or ugly brown eyeshadows do people need? I'd rather have some of the colors that are actually flattering and haven't been released 13806745643 times lately.
Who decides what the better colors are? I don't think there are better or worse ones, it's just a matter of personal taste. Personally, the only l/s I would wear is 3N, but I'm not mad about the other colours catching up. I think Guacamole looks horrible, but I understand that a lot of people like it. I can be happy for them if it will be in the top three, even though I would like to see three of the neutral e/s win.
Also I don't think voting multiple times is unfair. It takes a lot of time to do so, and if someone decides to spend that much time on it, then I think it's fine. Maybe MAC should have made sure that people only can vote once in the first place.

I stopped voting as much as I did before, because I voted so much for Solar White in the beginning, but its not gonna make it anyway. I just keep voting for 3N and Moth Brown, as long as I can get my hands on those two, I'll be happy. If they don't make it, there will be plenty of other MAC collections to be excited about.
flower.gif

Anitacska

Also I would like to point out that I can't vote by text because I'm not in the US, so that's not fair already, is it? So instead I use other means of voting. It's my time and if I want to use it to vote for Rocker 1000 times, then it's nobody else's business.

Calla88

Fair or unfair isn't the issue as much as the rules of the poll are vote once a day! So I can understand the frustration of the people who are voting once day to know that other people are circumventing the system. Everybody wants what they want too win so we all are being " selfish " to an extinct, but if you post that you are voting multiple times on a public forum (despite the fact is a fairly tight community ) then you would have expect that someone people would have an issue with it and would voice their opinions. I'm still team Jete and we will all just have to wait and see how it all turns out. I love both. Nudes and Hot pink lippies , I do think 3N is a more wearable shade but I already own CYY so it's not an issue for me!

xasperadastra

Today I voted for Moxie (of course), Flash of flesh and Moth Brown!
It would be "funny" to not see CYY on the top three at the end XD.. I have it and it's lovely but I think Mac should have repromoted it in another collection, not this one!
So my top three should be:
Moxie, Rocker and mmm 3N although I think it's easily dupable
Flash of flesh, Cult of Cherry (I don't really like the lipglasses chosen for By request collection)
Moth brown, Jete and.. Solar White which won't win and it's also easy to find a dupe so I'm fine if guacamole will be on top three at the end^^

Richelle83

If I'm not mistaken 3N and CYY were at a ridiculous number LONG before Moxie and Rocker magically shot up. Wholeheartedly believe that none of the top lips, and eyes were voted the way MAC wanted-one vote per day(in each category) per person. People figured out that you can vote multiple times probably minutes after they put the poll up. Either way this should not be that serious to call names.

Still voting for Rocker!!! Someone is catching 3N up to Moxie.

Indieprincess

I think it is pretty ridiculous that so many selfish people are abusing the voting and not letting the better colors win. Seriously how many identical red and hot pink lippies or ugly brown eyeshadows do people need? I'd rather have some of the colors that are actually flattering and haven't been released 13806745643 times lately.
Excuse me but I think I want hot pink and red lipsticks and brown eyeshadows. I believe this collection is called MAC by "Request" and those are the colors I request and therefore I will vote for those colors however many times I see fit. Thank you. BTW, who's to say that all those flesh tone colors are actually flattering? Because for me they're not.

rockin

Excuse me but I think I want hot pink and red lipsticks and brown eyeshadows. I believe this collection is called MAC by "Request" and those are the colors I request and therefore I will vote for those colors however many times I see fit. Thank you. BTW, who's to say that all those flesh tone colors are actually flattering? Because for me they're not.

Flesh tone lippies aren't at all flattering on me, either - I need a little colour (not bronzing, which only makes me look dirty) to brighten up my face. I want pink or red lipsticks.

Miss Dynamite

The rules are to vote once a day...I have 5 computers and 2 cell phones in the house, and almost every time I log onto Facebook to check the numbers, it says I'm able to vote again...do I? No...because that isn't fair. Most of the colors that are in the top 3 now never would have been in the top 3 if it wasn't for people cheating, most of them were way behind. I don't see a point in voting for a lot of the colors anyway because well most of the colors on this list, you could find dupes of in every single makeup brand on Earth and well...somebody would have to pay me to ever let anything brown touch my face, and bright pinks have been released in every single collection in the past several months.

Anitacska

[COLOR=FF6699]The rules are to vote once a day...I have 5 computers and 2 cell phones in the house, and almost every time I log onto Facebook to check the numbers, it says I'm able to vote again...do I? No...because that isn't fair.  Most of the colors that are in the top 3 now never would have been in the top 3 if it wasn't for people cheating, most of them were way behind.  I don't see a point in voting for a lot of the colors anyway because well most of the colors on this list, you could find dupes of in every single makeup brand on Earth and well...somebody would have to pay me to ever let anything brown touch my face, and bright pinks have been released in every single collection in the past several months. [/COLOR]
That's your choice then, if you don't want to vote multiple times. However, if others do, that's their business. Now I think we can stop calling others names and get on with our own business.

Indieprincess

The rules are to vote once a day...I have 5 computers and 2 cell phones in the house, and almost every time I log onto Facebook to check the numbers, it says I'm able to vote again...do I? No...because that isn't fair. Most of the colors that are in the top 3 now never would have been in the top 3 if it wasn't for people cheating, most of them were way behind. I don't see a point in voting for a lot of the colors anyway because well most of the colors on this list, you could find dupes of in every single makeup brand on Earth and well...somebody would have to pay me to ever let anything brown touch my face, and bright pinks have been released in every single collection in the past several months.
Whatever.

amynicolaox

If I'm not mistaken 3N and CYY were at a ridiculous number LONG before Moxie and Rocker magically shot up. Wholeheartedly believe that none of the top lips, and eyes were voted the way MAC wanted-one vote per day(in each category) per person. People figured out that you can vote multiple times probably minutes after they put the poll up. Either way this should not be that serious to call names.

Still voting for Rocker!!! Someone is catching 3N up to Moxie.
Exactly, good post - I thought it was obvious!

Anitacska

What you're forgetting is that the swatches only appeared a few days after the voting started and lots of people didn't know what Moxie, Rocker, Guacamole or Jete looked like, but since the swatches have been posted by T and Karen, more people might have been voting for shades other than CYY or 3N. I for one didn't know how great FoF was and I know I'm not alone with that, I was voting Emancipation before, but changed to FoF because it's much pettier. Also didn't know how pretty Rocker was, and again I'm sure I wasn't alone with that.

Exactly, good post - I thought it was obvious!

rockin

I agree - I didn't know what Moxie, Rocker, Guacamole, Flash of Flesh or Jete looked like before the swatches appeared on Temptalia and Karen's sites. Since MAC's own depictions of colours are often so way off the mark, they really should have made sure proper colour swatches were available before voting started. I'm sure the initial voting would have been very different had this been the case

Eleentje

What she said!
Plus it is naive to expect that everyone is going to follow the rules in any kind of vote. Just look at presidential elections around the world ;)

OctoberViolet

drama.gif
Sorry Specktra family. I was just browsing through this & thought I would stay out of it. I can't. I just want to say that just because MAC suggests you vote once, but yet there is a glitch in their system, you shouldn't blame us MAC-aholics for voting more than once. You don't have to & that is your choice. I have happily voted more than once within a day and I am not ashamed to admit it. CYY was waaay ahead by the time I even received the email telling me about voting, that means there were others who figured out the glitch early. I say keep on voting. We have until the 30th. Go team Moxie, Rocker, Jete and CoC.
cheerleader.gif

Miss Dynamite

I find it funny that the ones who are cheating on the voting are getting so hostile with the people who are pointing out that it isn't fair. And there is also somebody who keeps claiming that people are calling names...am I the only person that hasn't seen anybody call a name?

Anitacska

We need a thumbs down button as well as a thumbs up one. But for now this will do.
thmbdn.gif

I find it funny that the ones who are cheating on the voting are getting so hostile with the people who are pointing out that it isn't fair. And there is also somebody who keeps claiming that people are calling names...am I the only person that hasn't seen anybody call a name?