MAC By Request discussion

Alisha1

You know what is really funny. Guacamole is first right now and about 5 days ago it was last
girlhaha.gif
I didn't vote a lot for it the last 3 days, so a lot of other people are now voting for it. Go team Guacamole!

I think it shot up after Temptalia and Karen swatches!

If I had to choose 1 product that I really really want it would be Cult Of Cherry gloss! If MAC pick the top 3 out of each category it should be safe but if not it's screwed :/

Anitacska

I'm sure it's 3 from each category. At least I hope so, lol, because I also want CoC. :)

I think it shot up after Temptalia and Karen swatches!

If I had to choose 1 product that I really really want it would be Cult Of Cherry gloss! If MAC pick the top 3 out of each category it should be safe but if not it's screwed :/

pemily

Stating a fact...that cheating the votes is selfish is just that, stating a fact. And yeah, some of the people are getting pretty hostile, like Anitacska. Sorry but you can't brag about doing bad things and expect nobody to make any comments about it. And if MAC's website allowed people to do it, everybody would be able to, not just a few. For most, you can vote once and then it tells you you can't vote anymore. But there are ways to cheat at absolutely everything...it just doesn't mean you should. Guess I should go back to lurking like I did the first few years I read this site...people are way too angry and wanna start imaginary fights over people's opinions.
Dont go back to lurking..... I know from time to time ppl bicker on here and I for one will admit I have my Faves and not so faves! But we all come here for fun. I for one don't want to see you leave! Can we all agree to hug it out lol

mac_aiken

Totally on your side on the one vote issue until you started calling others selfish. Not sure why you keep engaging people negatively regarding this issue but can we please go
back2topic.gif
and cease
ohthedrama4vi.gif
?

rant.gif

Stating a fact...that cheating the votes is selfish is just that, stating a fact. And yeah, some of the people are getting pretty hostile, like Anitacska. Sorry but you can't brag about doing bad things and expect nobody to make any comments about it. And if MAC's website allowed people to do it, everybody would be able to, not just a few. For most, you can vote once and then it tells you you can't vote anymore. But there are ways to cheat at absolutely everything...it just doesn't mean you should. Guess I should go back to lurking like I did the first few years I read this site...people are way too angry and wanna start imaginary fights over people's opinions.

ladyarwen

Gah, Cult of Cherry is in third. I hope there's a huge gap between it and whatever's in fourth.

EDIT: It's ahead of 2N by about 6,000. Let's hope it stays that way. XP

katred

Specktra Bestie
Gah, Cult of Cherry is in third. I hope there's a huge gap between it and whatever's in fourth.

EDIT: It's ahead of 2N by about 6,000. Let's hope it stays that way. XP

It's funny, because I would have assumed that this one would be more popular just because it stands out from the others so clearly. I guess a red gloss can be a little hit-or-miss, though. It is a lovely colour, so I hope it makes it.

ladyarwen

It's funny, because I would have assumed that this one would be more popular just because it stands out from the others so clearly. I guess a red gloss can be a little hit-or-miss, though. It is a lovely colour, so I hope it makes it.

Seriously, none of the other shades come close to the gorgeousness of CoC. All of the other ones are milky messes or just look too much alike to each other.

singer82

Cmon my lovelies its makeup, its suppost to be fun!
fluffy.gif

I just figure, hey if my colors dont make it it just saves room to spend on other awesome collections coming out this year.

singer82

The more and more I look at Rocker I am starting to like it! Even though I think there will prob be a few matte reds in the Marylin collection, I'll prob still pick it up. I think its more of a shimmer then glitter, but I like that better as it wont be as gritty. And Moxie is pretty but there have been so many mattes out this year that I'm not worried about missing out on it.

Anyone know of any dupes for Eden Rocks? I love the color but know it wont make the cut.

Pinkdollface

I just got an email from mac telling me i can vote on facebook for this collection...a bit late. Normally the collection emails are on time here.

Anitacska

I just got an email from mac telling me i can vote on facebook for this collection...a bit late. Normally the collection emails are on time here.
Lol, that's funny. I had one about Chenman yesterday, like what's the point, the lipsticks are long gone?!

2sPrincess

What is this for real? your getting stressed over a makeup vote?

CoolinOlympia

I think this is a good argument, just showing how ridiculous this whole "voting" concept was for MAC to promote, at all. Just bring in the whole collection! It is a good size for a collection and people will enjoy it. Forget all of this ridiculous promotion which just makes us consumers look dumb to buy into the whole thing, I think. I did make one vote for a couple of things. But really, this is ridiculous marketing, I think!

Mac-Guy

I think this is a good argument, just showing how ridiculous this whole "voting" concept was for MAC to promote, at all. Just bring in the whole collection! It is a good size for a collection and people will enjoy it. Forget all of this ridiculous promotion which just makes us consumers look dumb to buy into the whole thing, I think. I did make one vote for a couple of things. But really, this is ridiculous marketing, I think!

This would be so much fun. Given the fact that MAC considers all of these products a bestsellers, it might be in their best interest to release them all. Who knows, it might even happen.

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, but rather I'd say this is very clever. It creates another hype, which in turn, benefits MAC as a "hip brand" overall.

OctoberViolet

I wouldn't be too surprised. Maybe MAC just wanted to start a MAC-aholic frenzy with these items to see if we are truly MAC-aholics. See if we really want a "Bring Back" collection to even happen (as if we wouldn't!). If they bring all these items back I would be very happy. It would be "kind of" evil of MAC to pull something like this on their loyal customers, but... again I personally wouldn't mind.
graucho.gif

This would be so much fun. Given the fact that MAC considers all of these products a bestsellers, it might be in their best interest to release them all. Who knows, it might even happen.

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, but rather I'd say this is very clever. It creates another hype, which in turn, benefits MAC as a "hip brand" overall.