MAC Charlotte Olympia (March 17, 2016)

leonah

Aaah crap starting to love all three now. Like whyyy. I HATE that packaging. Tempted to buy them all just so they'll have ugly buddies lol. But I'll probably end up with Retro Rouge and Starlett Scarlet.

haha I'm starting to like starlett scarlet too along with retro rouge! the leading lady lipstick looks a lot like other "medium" reds that I have like charlotte, von teese etc but I might be wrong. need comparison swatches :D

bluelitzer

I would think not. Deeply Adored (my HG red) is a blue-red, not a brown-red.

It's a brown red on me, not a blue red like Charmed I'm Sure. Even Temptalia described Deeply Adored as "...a deepened, brown-ish red with a matte finish."

Last edited:

NaomiH

I can't seem to quote, but Miss Elegant and Buick we are going to be rolling in matte-red fugly tube goodness and loving every minute of it! Lol

I just know both of you are going to look FABULOUS in your new red lippies.

iqaganda

I can't believe I missed the pre-launch the other day (Monday)... Charlotte herself was there to launch this!

thefbomb

I really dont need another red lipstick and Im not crazy about the packaging, its alright. I think I just want the mirror...i wonder if $16 is too much for a compact, I just like that it has a spider web on it TBH

iqaganda

Well hello beauties! You know what this means... obligatory swatches! ;):dance::drinking:

IMG_7835.jpg

I'm so sorry for the late reply, I've been busy and sick at the same time yesterday. Retro Rouge is pretty but I feel it fades quickly. The middle one is Starlet Scarlet which is like for me, an orangey red while Leading Lady Red is a deep bright red, which I love. To be honest, The packaging looks nice but the feel is so cheap.. Like a cheap plastic. Cheap acrylic plastic, so my heart was torn into pieces once I get to hold this lippies..

montREALady

T's got swatches of Retro Rouge here

http://www.temptalia.com/product/mac-charlotte-olympia-lipstick/retro-rouge?i=224079

View attachment 52802

Im a little let down bc I thought it would've been darker, like burgandy. I might just pick it up tho because I love the tacky packaging not gonna lie lol

Swatched from Dominic_mua

Since T's swatches never look good to me and always seem lighter than they actually are I'm going with Dominic's for Retro...gorg there. Lol.

montREALady

T's got swatches of Retro Rouge here

http://www.temptalia.com/product/mac-charlotte-olympia-lipstick/retro-rouge?i=224079

View attachment 52802

Im a little let down bc I thought it would've been darker, like burgandy. I might just pick it up tho because I love the tacky packaging not gonna lie lol

Swatched from Dominic_mua

View attachment 52924

I'm so sorry for the late reply, I've been busy and sick at the same time yesterday. Retro Rouge is pretty but I feel it fades quickly. The middle one is Starlet Scarlet which is like for me, an orangey red while Leading Lady Red is a deep bright red, which I love. To be honest, The packaging looks nice but the feel is so cheap.. Like a cheap plastic. Cheap acrylic plastic, so my heart was torn into pieces once I get to hold this lippies..

Retro looks so nice. Unfortunate about it feeling cheap.

iqaganda

The Lip Pencil, He Said She Said, is it permanent or LE? Or was it repromote?

which one is darker? Kiss me Quick or He Said She Said?

Last edited:

Latest posts