MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly78
I'm so excited for today - it's my birthday, Colour Craft day, and my friend and I are going to the pro store in Chicago for the first time!! Then to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Does it get any better??? I can't wait to see this collection in person!
choochoo.gif

Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
How much do you think you will love Colour Craft? If you are keen on it, hit MAC first. If not, flip a coin to decide.
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
bangin.gif
MAC.

It is sooo obvious you need an intervention.

Ok, so I will go to MAC first
cutey.gif

No I don't want to dream of missed msf's
lol.gif

Hemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I love the 131 brush!! The smaller size is perfect for my cheeks.

Now I am rethinking the 131. I read so many mixed reviews I didn't get it. I may need to place yet another order...that is if the UPS guy can figure out how to get here!!!
nonono.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by maketotheup
? for you ladies that have seen it.

What 2 msfs do you think are the must haves? I'm pretty pale if that helps. I just need to stick with my budget!

Smooth Merge
Triple Fusion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
So, what are everyone's absolute FAVORITES from this collection so far? I am trying to narrow down my list because I know when I get to the store I will be SO tempted and I am trying not to buy so much makeup
smiles.gif
So for those of you who have seen the products in real life, what are the MUST-HAVES
drools.gif

MSF Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion

l/g Crazy Haute, Funky Fusion and Eclectic Edge

brush 226 and 131

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
Now I am rethinking the 131. I read so many mixed reviews I didn't get it. I may need to place yet another order...that is if the UPS guy can figure out how to get here!!!
nonono.gif

I know it is expensive, but I think the 131 is totally worth it.

Susanne

To be honest I am much more excited about the new MES that will come with the Style Black collection than about these ones
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

I was really looking forward to see this collection in person today but my mom made plans to go out to eat. I'm hoping that I'll go to the mall tomorrow to see the collection. So far both 226 and 131 brushes will be here next week and I will most likely not touch them since I may need to order a brush cleanser since I'm too scared to wash the brushes with baby shampoo.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I was really looking forward to see this collection in person today but my mom made plans to go out to eat. I'm hoping that I'll go to the mall tomorrow to see the collection. So far both 226 and 131 brushes will be here next week and I will most likely not touch them since I may need to order a brush cleanser since I'm too scared to wash the brushes with baby shampoo.

You can use both, the baby shampoo first for a deep cleansing and then a brush cleanser to desinfect the brushes.

Juxtapose

Quote:
To be honest I am much more excited about the new MES that will come with the Style Black collection than about these ones
yes.gif

Agreed! Eye shadow is my #1 love out of all products, but for some reason, I have no interest in the Color Craft MES. None. Nada. But Style Black--omg, can't wait to see the MES!!! I just don't even know what to expect, but they sound ridiculously cool.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
You can use both, the baby shampoo first for a deep cleansing and then a brush cleanser to desinfect the brushes.

Oh ok. Thanks for the tip Susanne! Whenever I get my hands on the Brush Cleanser, I'll try that.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
Agreed! Eye shadow is my #1 love out of all products, but for some reason, I have no interest in the Color Craft MES. None. Nada.

true.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
But Style Black--omg, can't wait to see the MES!!! I just don't even know what to expect, but they sound ridiculously cool.

yes.gif

Juxtapose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21

Omg, I totally feel your pain. I had a day off today, which I spent finishing an article for my internship (which I'm not paid for.) I couldn't believe it took me from 9-3. I woke up really early this morning with good intentions, thinking I should easily be done by Noon, and then I'll still get to the counter before it gets crowded. (I would rather avoid the evening rush). I was so excited to see this today too!!! Hope you get to go tomorrow. I hope I get there tomorrow too, lol.
smiles.gif

koukla032487

This is kind of off-topic...but is anybody else have MAC cosmetics added as one of their "pages" on facebook? They just updated a photo album called "Behind the Scenes" for the Colour Craft photoshoot...and they used Ben Nye eyeshadow palettes in the looks
th_confused_new.gif
WHY IS MAC USING BEN NYE O_0????

(It's the picture of the model with the whole balloon design on her face)

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukla032487
This is kind of off-topic...but is anybody else have MAC cosmetics added as one of their "pages" on facebook? They just updated a photo album called "Behind the Scenes" for the Colour Craft photoshoot...and they used Ben Nye eyeshadow palettes in the looks
th_confused_new.gif

^^^ I tell myself every time I see the promo pic that these can't be just the Colour Craft products used....

Boasorte

I must say, I am not impressed with CC anymore, everything was so glittery in the store, nothing like the pics I've seen here...
U know that saying " You look better on Myspace"? Well Colour Craft looked better on Specktra....

I did get the 226 though,courtesy of a family member

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I must say, I am not impressed with CC anymore, everything was so glittery in the store, nothing like the pics I've seen here...
U know that saying " You look better on Myspace"? Well Colour Craft looked better on Specktra....

lol.gif
winks.gif

koukla032487

Quote:
^^^ I tell myself every time I see the promo pic that these can't be just the Colour Craft products used....

Yeah. It's a total disappointment.
ssad.gif

snowflakelashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I'm having a dilemma..I can't decide if I should go to MAC or Sephora first today? If I go to MAC first then I may not be able to spend as much @ Sephora, hmmm What a tough decision to make
lol.gif

I hit Sephora first because I needed skincare
smiles.gif
But that's just what I did, I was working with a big budget because I didn't make any makeup/book/online purchases for 2 months to save up for vacation and went hog-wild the past two days instead lol
smiles.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

OMG I love that.

Now my GUSHING ---

I got my first ever Makeover today, I booked it when I went by the store on tuesday. I was pretty indecisive so I hope I didn't annoy my Makeup artist I told her what I usually wore but that I was super open to trying new things, and so she ended up doing my eyes with bright future which I own but am sort of clueless with and Natural Flare MES. And Teddy Eye khol. My eyes look super blue now.

I also got my first ever MAC foundation match and she matched me at a NW20 (woot ) I hope that when I fade (I'm SUPER tanned right now, bad me spent too much time in the sun this summer I usually am fairly neurotic about avoiding UV rays) I will end up as a NW15 not sure if it works that way though. Hopefully sometime I will travel in the dead of winter and get matched when I'm my normal translucent skinned colour lol.

Then she asked if I liked bronser or blush and I was honest, I said normally I only wear blush, or beauty powders but I'm definately open to anything. And so used cheeky bronze as a bronze on me, and i loved it. I don't have evident cheek bones , honest, but this gave the illusion of more definition to my feature I love it. And then hand finish as a blush. Colours I never would have picked on my own, but i love how they look.

And I settled on Eclectic Edge for my lips. And I love it!

I also picked up smooth merge, and porcelain pink MSF.

She made me a face chart, i loved watching her fill in the face chart, too. It was all very great. Of course I ended up with more colour craft than I had planned but I don't care. I went crazy at Sephora yesterday (again the first time I've ever been in one).

I'm like a kid in these very expensive candy stores
winks.gif

AjaAbeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukla032487
th_confused_new.gif

which one? there're soooo many....