MAC - Cult of Cherry Discussion

tigerli17

Re: MAC Cult of Cherry Collection Discussion

This collection actually doesn't thrill me which is a good thing. That'll be more money to go towards my Cali. trip! The quads don't interest me because I have pretty much all the repromotes in them. I'll probably pick up a couple of mattenes and the nail laquers of course. Yay I can finally save some money for once!

AppleDiva

I love the green shadow on the lid, but I do not know if I will be running out to get this collection.

Ladyvirtuous

I am getting ALL of the quads, even though I have some of the colors already. Its the quad junkie in me, lol.

I'm also interested in the lipglasses.

Susanne

This is ok. Not more. I want two lipglasses and one quad.

I am more excited about the mineralized collections!

Trista

So far I'm feeliing this collection. I love deep reds and burgundies. I'm especially lemming the lip products and I'm so excited they're gonna have mattenes!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Jacq-i

Yay! This looks sexy, sophisticated and more "grown up" than some of the more recent MAC colelctions.
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
hooray! for quads

i am so going to be all over the one w/ the green (tempting quad, i believe). spiced chocolate also sounds/looks good.

shadowy lady quad aka the one w/ deep truth, not so much...

My sentiments exactly. I LOVE quads, but I can pass on the Shadowy Lady/Deep Truth, as I already have those two, and it therefore breaks my quad buying rule. And I am glad to see Satin Taupe hasn't been repromoted again, lol.

And I don't even like Mattens (sp) but I want these!

panther27

I am not really into this collection,I don't wear red or dark lips.I will probably pick up a quad,a nail polish and maybe a lipglass,depending on if there is a light color in them.So money saved for me!!

jardinaires

now this is a collection i'm excited about. quads? i love quads. if not for all the colors they provide, then simply for the deal you get buying them.. and the fact that a reusable quad is included.
winks.gif

i'm really feeling this one

sleepyhead

i'm feeling kinda numb right now. just cannot feel any excitment anymore after seeing so many collections. i guess i'll have to see some swatches/color descriptions before i can decide (plus, we all know how "accurate" the colors are in these pictures)

MACa6325xi

This collection looks hot. I'm really looking forward to this one!!!!!

KikiB

I am not really jazzed about this...I don't need dark eyes and red lips, merci. I can pass on any red now that I have Port Red...and that means more money for Overrich and the other good collections.

However I will get the blue mascara since that's a makeup staple for me.

greatscott2000

I love the promo and I can't wait to see what the lippies will look like.
So Vampy, perfect for fall!

SMMY

Okay from what I can see of the promo image, it looks like the Spiced Chocolate quad has two frosts, one veluxe pearl and a matte. So I'm assuming there is an error on the flyer or the description here. Either way, I want that quad! The descriptions of the colors, from what little I can read on the flyer look like:
???* er yellow pink with pink pearl (frost) *maybe copper?
reddish copper (veluxe pearl)
dirty deep reddish brown (matte)
frosted cranberry (frost)

The tempting quad has two satins, a frost and a lustre. Passing on this one

ETA: I think the kiss and makeup site has the quads mislabeled at least partially. According to the flyer, the Tempting quad is the one with Nanogold in it.

AudreyNicole

Well, I am not over the moon about this collection, but given everything else I want, that is probably a good thing! I do like the looks of the quads, and are those blushes? All of the lip stuff is definately out for me. It looks like my wallet may finally get a break in September!
lol.gif
And is Shadowy Lady being discontinued? I have it in the Royal Assets cool palette, but use it often, so I may consider that quad more seriously if SL is being d/c from the permanent line.

spectrolite

Oh this is just so me!! I can't wait for this one
greengrin.gif
I want:

Shadowy Lady Quad
Spiced Chocolate Quad
O Lipstick
Several Lipglasses - the names sound amazing!!
At least 1 Mattene lippie
At least 1 Nail polish

Lol... Every morning I check Specktra there is a new colour story! Go Mac!!!
th_DANCE.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Well you were exactly right when you said if Mattenes made a reappearance it would be in the Fall!
yes.gif

So Shadowy Lady is being discontinued from the perm line?
ssad.gif

Aw crap! Sorry! Shadowy Lady is not being DCd (as far as I know). I was confusing it with it's close relative, Intoxicate. I will update the colour story thread now.

That's what happens when you store MAC data from 1993 to current in your head.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbazooey
All of the colors are too dark for my tastes. I think it may look a bit garish on me LOL
smiles.gif

I'll have to pick(no pun intended) and chooose very carefully from this collection. While I love red/burgundy lips, some are looking a little dark even for my taste.
This collection looks to be all about deep red lips and brown eyeshadow.
I think this would be a perfect opportunity for MAC to bring back Coco pigment!
Are there swatches or additional product images for this collection?
If so, where?
drools.gif

lahdeedah

OMG! This collection is going to be the one that breaks my bank, especially if it's released the same month as the pigments. VAMPTASTIC!!!! I love the look of at least two of the quads and probably will be picking up several lippies as well.