MAC - Cult of Cherry Discussion

Divinity

Re: MAC Cult of Cherry Collection Discussion

Purples and reds are my fave!! I'm with Janice - I'm in for a major haul!!

pennybeau

I'm dying for this collection. :]

A lot of the colors that are being repromoted are ones that I've always wanted, and what better way to get them, than in a quad.
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
So Shadowy Lady is being discontinued from the perm line?
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
And is Shadowy Lady being discontinued? I have it in the Royal Assets cool palette, but use it often, so I may consider that quad more seriously if SL is being d/c from the permanent line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Aw crap! Sorry! Shadowy Lady is not being DCd (as far as I know).

don't worry, its not being dc'd.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Has mac ever done coloured mascara before like black cherry? purple?

I used to have Pro Lash in Prim Rosy, a nice brightish pink shade. It looked fantastic in the tube but the colour payoff was really poor - for me at least. I'm not sure which other colours were available or if any of their other mascaras have been available in fun shades.

I'm relieved that despite the fantastic name, I'm not terribly keen on this collection. I'm not a fan of browns and I don't like dark lips - phew!
winks.gif

ETA Just found a list of discontinued products here which lists a number of mascaras which sound as if they'd have been coloured. I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but it's interesting to see.

melliquor

I love dark colours. I am realling liking this collection. I LOVE the name of the collection.

Kuuipo

Finally colours that are WOC friendly and more grown up. I'm all over the rich matte shades and deeper colours. I am glad they didn't dumb down the packaging and put little cherries on the tubes. This summer I was thinking, enough with the pink already, where's the colour?

Kuuipo

Quote:
is there hope that maybe they would bring out a coloured mascara or two? I really want to try a dark red/cherry one and I think this collection would suit!

Yes, in the past they have had deep violet mascaras.

panda0410

meh.... another one I can pass on. Skip straight to Red She Said... WOO HOO!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
I used to have Pro Lash in Prim Rosy, a nice brightish pink shade. It looked fantastic in the tube but the colour payoff was really poor - for me at least. I'm not sure which other colours were available or if any of their other mascaras have been available in fun shades.

I'm relieved that despite the fantastic name, I'm not terribly keen on this collection. I'm not a fan of browns and I don't like dark lips - phew!
winks.gif

ETA Just found a list of discontinued products here which lists a number of mascaras which sound as if they'd have been coloured. I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but it's interesting to see.

BTW - have you received your plushlash mascara? Do you like it? (I know, wrong thread
winks.gif
)

newagetomatoz

With this whole red theme, I wish MAC would come out with a re-release of delineate, or come out with a red or burgundy fluidline, paint pot, or even simple eyeliner. I would buy at least twenty of each if they did....lol

sinergy

Im excited about this collection! Slowly my summer collection lists have gone down thanks to all the stuff coming out for the fall! I think those quads look fun and funky, just right for the fall!!

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
BTW - have you received your plushlash mascara? Do you like it? (I know, wrong thread
winks.gif
)

And my answer's in the wrong thread too, but hey!

Yes, I got it last week and have used it most days since then. I like it, but I think I'll get better results when I have a look for the helpful post BunnyBunnyBunny made about the special wand. So far, I've just been slapping it on with litle care and variable results. I'm useless with most mascaras, but this will improve when I'm using the product properly!

Re. Cult of Cherry, I'll be interested to hear the information about the blushes once that's available. The names of all the products in this collection are so tempting, even if I'm not so keen on the mu itself. I
bigheart.gif
"Jam-packed" and want it just for the name even though I think it would be too dark for me.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
is there hope that maybe they would bring out a coloured mascara or two? I really want to try a dark red/cherry one and I think this collection would suit!

Here you go, hon
winks.gif

MAC-BloominLashes.jpg
MAC-BloominLashes-Med.jpg

Mascaras:
Ivy Envy - Olive green with gold
Boston Fern - Blue green
Tiger Lily - Tiger lily orange
Periwink - Iris blue
Prim Rosy - Blue-toned, bright pink
Twisted Tulip - Blackened plum red
Hocus Crocus - Pansy blue/purple/red duochrome

These came out in '02 as part of the regular line via a collection called Bloomin' Lashes (they also had eyeliner pencils with this collection). They were all eventually weeded out (DCd). The last to go were Boston Fern and Periwink. Along the lines they also added a white mascara, called Platinum, which is now only available as a pro item.

lsperry

Is the “next to nothing” eyeshadow in the Tempting Quad the same es in the Smoking Eyes quad from the Smoke Signals collection?

Quote:
Eyeshadow Quad: Tempting Quad $36.00USD (LE)
•Next to nothing
•Sharp
•Dark Edge - Dirty chocolate brown (Matte) (Repromote from N Collection)
•Tempting - Sinfully rich coco (Lustre) (Repromote)

Smoking Eyes x 4 (LE)
•Next to Nothing - Cream white with pink pearl (frost)
•Smoking - Black with gold pearl (velvet)
•Showstopper - Muted grey (matte) (repromote Icon: Diana Ross '05)
•Satin Taupe - Taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer (Frost) (perm)

'Cause if it is, I can skip the Tempting Quad and just find a dupe for Sharp es since I already have all the other colors in that quad.

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Here you go, hon
winks.gif

Mascaras:
Ivy Envy - Olive green with gold
Boston Fern - Blue green
Tiger Lily - Tiger lily orange
Periwink - Iris blue
Prim Rosy - Blue-toned, bright pink
Twisted Tulip - Blackened plum red
Hocus Crocus - Pansy blue/purple/red duochrome

These came out in '02 as part of the regular line via a collection called Bloomin' Lashes (they also had eyeliner pencils with this collection). They were all eventually weeded out (DCd).

I remember these! I bought Twisted Tulip thinking it be pretty close to the Chanel Vamp mascara I had back in, what, 2000 or so? The Twisted Tulip gave me clumpy magenta-ish lashes--not good. And I'm a fan of the regular black Pro-Lash.

merleskaya