MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

Sweetyellow

Thinking out loud here, but I have noticed that there's been less and less "leaks" for upcoming collections from MAC in the past year. I think with Erine and Carly not being able to share info anymore...I feel like hype for upcoming collections has been somewhat of a buzzkill. I think MAC needs to figure out how to better manage their social media presence because right now, I think it maybe effecting their sales but I don't know?! :nixweiss:

Mac-Guy

Sadly, the forum is dead. It is really sad. I stopped leaking infos a long time ago for a variety of reasons. However, I hope that Specktra will come alive again.

Miss Dynamite

IMO, MAC is the best it's been in a long time with all the new awesome colors and products...but nobody seems interested. Nothing sells out anymore and there's only about 3 posts a day on here. It's really sad.

MissTania

IMO, MAC is the best it's been in a long time with all the new awesome colors and products...but nobody seems interested. Nothing sells out anymore and there's only about 3 posts a day on here. It's really sad.

Agreed. :mecry:MAC needs to save Specktra. I truly think the forum conversion has resulted in less traffic, swatches, enabling and interest.

Last edited:

fur4elise

I'd have to say that it's not that I'm not interested in MAC any longer, however there are so many releases...and for me personally the majority of those products have fallen outside my scope of need/must have or just do not suit my skintone/makeup style...Very few products have actually sparked full on must/lust.

AND other brands are doing a bang up job of putting out new products and generating excitement. Just take a look at the other brand threads. I'll always love MAC, but having purged my original collection to refresh and rebuild my makeup stash, I am much more selective about what I am buying. MAC now makes up a much smaller percentage of what I buy than I used to. :nixweiss:

Last edited:

boschicka

Agreed. :mecry:MAC needs to save Specktra. I truly think the forum conversion has resulted in less traffic, swatches, enabling and interest.

:iagree: There's less traffic in all the threads, not just MAC. But I have definitely noticed the large MAC decline as well.

B

Buffy89

I'd have to say that it's not that I'm not interested in MAC any longer, however there are so many releases...and for me personally the majority of those products have fallen outside my scope of need/must have or just do not suit my skintone/makeup style...Very few products have actually sparked full on must/lust.

AND other brands are doing a bang up job of putting out new products and generating excitement. Just take a look at the other brand threads. I'll always love MAC, but having purged my original collection to refresh and rebuild my makeup stash, I am much more selective about what I am buying. MAC now makes up a much smaller percentage of what I buy than I used to. :nixweiss:

My thoughts exactly. I used to buy a lot of Mac, like, 2 years ago, and I really liked the excitement in the Scoop. I still check the threads for new info on upcoming products, but I'm not as overwhelmed as back then. At the moment, I do still post in the Low-Buy thread (truly wish there were more posts there), and I think a lot of users have become over-saturated with all the new releases, which often seem to me like the same old products and colors in new packaging/with new names. Don't get me wrong, I still love Mac and most of my stash consists of Mac products, but my approach towards makeup/hauling has changed so that I don't get super excited when new collections are released. I don't have easy access to a lot of fun brands like Too Faced, Bite, KvD, Nars, most Anastasia stuff, since they aren't officially sold in Germany, and Mac has been my main makeup source.
But, of course, it's sad that there are less people around here.