MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm almost done my waterweight foundation and I don't think I'll repurchase. I like Face and Body better.

I really liked it but had to return because the lightest shade was still a tad too dark, so I'm not getting my hopes up for the concealer.

I also like the shape of that new concealer brush but I didn't like how the 196 felt on my skin (I prefer the 170) so I probably won't like this one either.

fur4elise

Just by chance I caught a restock of the matte black RollerWheel lol! I had it bookmarked on my phone and checked it a few minutes ago and was like Add To Bag hell yeah. So now I have 2 arriving this week (one from Macy's). I have a feeling I'm going to like it lol

Drugstore Dupe Alert! For that pesky OOS Rollerwheel Liner!

Revlon-ColorStay-Exactify-Liquid-Liner.jpg
ColorStay Exactify Liquid Liner
At Ulta now and probably a drugstore near you soon!

GreenEyedAllie

Drugstore Dupe Alert! For that pesky OOS Rollerwheel Liner!

View attachment 61474
ColorStay Exactify Liquid Liner
At Ulta now and probably a drugstore near you soon!
VERY surprising! Is Revlon owned by Lauder? If not, I can practically hear the patent attorneys salivating from here! :rofl: Although I guess they could have not patented or licensed the tech out....just strange for it to launch so close to the MAC launch....

shellygrrl

Staff member
VERY surprising! Is Revlon owned by Lauder? If not, I can practically hear the patent attorneys salivating from here! :rofl: Although I guess they could have not patented or licensed the tech out....just strange for it to launch so close to the MAC launch....

They're not (I don't think EL owns any drugstore brands?). It could just be they had a similar product conception/development timeline?

GreenEyedAllie

They're not (I don't think EL owns any drugstore brands?). It could just be they had a similar product conception/development timeline?
Honestly, the likelihood of that is next to zero, but in that case they would presumably have competing patent applications. I'm guessing Lauder licensed out. One other possibility would be if the patent was already filed and was expiring. If multiple companies had been on the look out for that, then they could have developed around the same time to have the products drop upon patent expiration. I may have to look this up....anyone see a patent or patent pending number on their MAC roller liner??

Mac-Guy

It is what happens in the fashion industry all the time - and in the beauty world too. A new product is copied quickly and production processes are expedited in order to get new trends to the market as quickly and cheaply as possible. There is always the issue of intellectual property, but as trends move so quickly, it's not worth to go down the attorney route.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

jennyap

Just happened on this - has it already released and I missed it? Don't know the shades, but this is the Fall Colour Blush Palette Duo

IMG_0964.JPG