MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

stirfryedshana

Okay just saw all the artists they're collabing with for the 'global' collection...wow. Just wow. Did they seriously think that was going to go over well? MAC is usually pretty good with representation, I'm just kind of stunned tbh. I can appreciate having one ultra pale-skinned beauty (because I'm Casper the ghost) but having such a glaring lack of POC is just unforgivable, especially when this is supposed to be a brand encompassing ALL of the beauty community.

Marsha Pomells

ramarose

I really love Fleur! She's one of the few beauty gurus that seem down to earth and goofy after all these years... I'll almost definitely buy her lipstick shade, unless it's something I won't use... kind of hoping for a nice everyday pink from her

hitchcockblonde

Well Alessandra Steinherr is the beauty director at Glamour uk so not someone I would call a typical "beauty influencer" in this day and age. I might get hers if I like it but I'm not thrilled with the whole thing. I'm not surprised they did this though. They've been working a lot more with influencers recently. They took a bunch of them to New York to promote the Mariah collection and used a lot of them to promote the Shadescents fragrances.

Ms.O

[MENTION=104705]PrettyTwisted[/MENTION] Yes, they did. I still have Afrobella's All My Purple Life Lipgloss :heart:

Last edited: