MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

Marsha Pomells

Are these the same size as the Mariah Carey lipglasses?

Yep...
I hate that they changed the packaging. I have OCD and little things like that drive me absolutely insane. I have a lot of older lipglasses (haven't bought any in awhile) and if I got any new ones I'd have to get at least 3 to satisfy my 'things must match' compulsion lol. And I definitely can't spend that much on them. Plus...the fact that they just keep raising prices on things and lowering the amount of product...it's just ridiculous.
Same with my mate, she suffers with OCD and everything has to be in name, colour order etc. I let her loose on my MAC lipsticks recently, and put everything in name order. Those in LE tubes were put name order and tube design. She freaked out with the odd tubes (Oxblood is still in the box and I didn't get anymore lipsticks from that collection. Got Sheer Seduction and nothing else from an old summer collection and so forth). So I can imagine what you're going through.

Back to the ripoffglasses (thanks @Miss Dynamite, I will be using that), I get a couple of them. I wonder if they sorted out the issue, where the lipglasses turned rancid.

Last edited:

lyseD

I hate that they changed the packaging. I have OCD and little things like that drive me absolutely insane. I have a lot of older lipglasses (haven't bought any in awhile) and if I got any new ones I'd have to get at least 3 to satisfy my 'things must match' compulsion lol. And I definitely can't spend that much on them. Plus...the fact that they just keep raising prices on things and lowering the amount of product...it's just ridiculous.

This is so me too. I don't have any MAC lipsticks except in the plain black bullet. Sometimes I don't even look at new collections because whatever it is won't "match" my other stuff.

leonah

I'm the same with my brushes. I only get the regular mac brushes no special packaging because I would go crazy if I had a ton of different looking brushes lol :roflmao:

Miss Dynamite

I'm a lipglass junkie, so I know I will give in and get some, but damn am I pissed about it. They only have slightly more product than the mini lipglasses which are .08 for $10 (or $5 when I bought all of mine on sale) and the ones from Mariah were $18.50 for .10.

Monsy

can they be even smaller than before? i think they were only 4ml before ?? how much smaller can they be really?

miumiuuu

They're already getting lots of backlash on instagram because of the lack of diversity of the influencers they picked (quite well-deserved, IMO...).

stirfryedshana

My MAC lipsticks are in a certain order too lol...I have all my permanents and LE regular black bullets in one display in color order. My limited edition special packages are in an arbitrary order that I've assigned lol...I keep special packaging ones in their boxes. So I have those in an order that probably makes no sense to anyone but me. My lipglasses are just in a drawer right now but since they're all the same size I'm not bothered by special packaging. I have 4 cremesheen glasses so that's enough for them to match for me. I do have problem with some of my blush/face powders not matching so they're shoved in a back drawer haha. I used to freak out about only having 1 of a certain item with special packaging but since I don't have much money now I've had to force myself to deal with it.

I actually don't mind beauty guru collabs, at least they're more relevant to makeup than some of the collections MAC normally does. I don't recognize who they are just by first names, who all are they collabing with?