MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolverina
While I would be *thrilled* for a Biba-esque collection, I want nothing else to do with the 70's. I completely respect its appeal to others but it is essentially my "opposite" style on a color chart.

I was an adult then. At one job, a co-worker taught us all how to do "The Hustle". I don't have much nostalgia for that decade.

There are quite a few styles to chose from:
--- that whole "natural" look, for one.
--- the 20s-30s-40s thing that Biba was instrumental in.
--- basic disco and the Diane von Furstenburg wrap/surplice dress.
--- and GLAM! with hot pants, strange knee-hi sox, and platform shoes.

Which one are you allergic to, Wolverina?

Naughtyp

lol, I know, right? Fall is my favorite holiday! Cant wait for the Gingerbread lattes..and I always overbuy all of the holiday scents from Glade and Bath and Body Works. I really have a problem.
mmmm gingerbread lattes are my 2nd fav ;) and I always buy tons of BBW holiday scents they aRe the only ones I wear!

liba

I love Summer. The beach, riding my bike on the lake front, the sun beating down against my skin, out door cafes, summertime festivals, and etc. It's only 8 weeks and we got cheated this year.
I'm not a fan of a hot, drawn out summer, but we had amazing weather in L.A. this year - never really got over the low 80's and always cooled off at night and usually had a nice breeze blowing. It's been years since the summer was this great so now I like summer! Next summer, who knows?
tumbleweed.gif

liba

I was an adult then. At one job, a co-worker taught us all how to do "The Hustle". I don't have much nostalgia for that decade.

There are quite a few styles to chose from:
--- that whole "natural" look, for one.
--- the 20s-30s-40s thing that Biba was instrumental in.
--- basic disco and the Diane von Furstenburg wrap/surplice dress.
--- and GLAM! with hot pants, strange knee-hi sox, and platform shoes.

Which one are you allergic to, Wolverina?
You forgot the best look of the 70's - PUNK ROCK!
finger.gif

erine1881

LOL Done!    I LOVED Miami, but I've only gone in March. LOL  Now, I'm in Chgo, 8 weeks of Summer,  4 months of Winter, and 5 months of construction. LOL  
Ugh you can have our summer! Indiana is supposed to be in the 90s starting Saturday and all thru next week. I hate our summers! :mad:

KrystalAnne

Ugh you can have our summer! Indiana is supposed to be in the 90s starting Saturday and all thru next week. I hate our summers!
angry.gif
Bleh. It's been in the 90s here for what seems like the past 2 months, with days here and there that are in the 80s. This heat is too much.

erine1881

Bleh. It's been in the 90s here for what seems like the past 2 months, with days here and there that are in the 80s. This heat is too much. 
That's how it usually is here, but the last couple weeks have been odd. It's been in the 80s and even the 70s. We even had one day in the upper 60s! :blink: People broke out their jeans! I broke out my combat books and a cardigan. It felt like fall! I was on :cloud9:

Ashleybubbles83

It's been in the mid to high 80's here in San Diego and were getting rain and thunderstorms all next week...how does Mother Nature expect us to stay classy? ;-)

lyseD

I think we've had a beautiful summer here in Ontario.

I hate it when it gets above 25 (77 for those on Fahrenheit). I think because it hasn't been too hot I'm not in a big rush for fall.

LC Balthazar

I'm not a fan of a hot, drawn out summer, but we had amazing weather in L.A. this year - never really got over the low 80's and always cooled off at night and usually had a nice breeze blowing. It's been years since the summer was this great so now I like summer! Next summer, who knows? :tumbleweed:
I'm in L.A. too and am surprised at the cool summer. I'm just scared it'll get crazy hot in September and October. That'll piss me off. I am ok with hot summers, that is expected. But I hate it when it drags into the fall!

liba

I'm in L.A. too and am surprised at the cool summer. I'm just scared it'll get crazy hot in September and October. That'll piss me off. I am ok with hot summers, that is expected. But I hate it when it drags into the fall!
I'm assuming it will and am bracing myself. I've always thought Sept. was the hottest month in L.A. just in general, though.