MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

kerry-jane88

I want to try the p&p 50 but afraid it will make my foundation slide off. It has to mattify to work on my greasy skin.
Many people wrote in their reviews on the MAC site that new texture feels greasy on their skin which the former didn' t. I haven' t had any problems with the former texture and I hope that new one will work for me too. I have dry skin so it might work better for me than for people with oily skin.
Im incredibly oily and I had no issue with my first tube. But I'd totally agree with what other people are saying, as my tube from last year is is terrible. I can't use it under anything, be it foundation or powder, as it will seperate AND cake. I can't use it alone either as it's just so greasy! Such a shame, I'll let my bf use it then b2m.

lyseD

Sorry to change topics but can someone tell me the difference -- or which they prefer -- between Prep +Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and Set Powder.

Thanks for your help.

ma146rina

I just ordered it again....I had it some time ago but just when I wanted to repurchase it, I read that they changed the formula
and that it is not as nice anymore.Let' s see....
I am using MAC foundations and so I think that the P+P SPF50 might work best
th_dunno.gif

I switched my whole skin care to MAC recently.I like that I can everything I need from this brand.
As I already said, my skin is very sensitive and gets irritated fast.So I always try to get everything from one brand and do
not mixed different brands.
The only thing that is not MAC at the moment is the Estee Lauder ANR eye serum which I use at night before applying
the mineralize eye cream and that is a great combo for my skin.
I used to use Kanebo before and loved it a lot too.Especially in times of chemo it did miracles for my skin!
But it did not work very good along with MAC foundations and it is really very pricey.So I was looking for a good alternative
(at least in times without chemo) and I think that I found it in MAC.
What do you use from MAC? i want to try their skincare but i have sensitive acne prone skin and i'm a bit scared
001_unsure.gif
.i must say though that i had no problem with the two foundations i use(studio sculpt and prolong wear)

raych1984

Sorry to change topics but can someone tell me the difference -- or which they prefer -- between Prep +Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and Set Powder. Thanks for your help.
Good question! I've been meaning to ask that for a while!

martiangurll

Sorry to change topics but can someone tell me the difference -- or which they prefer -- between Prep +Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and Set Powder.

Thanks for your help.
I like the Set Powder if I actually want more coverage and the P&P finishing if I really want an invisible veil to matte everything down. The latter is actually transparent on me in the sense that is isn't pigmented, yeah it looks white in the compact but it applies sans color so it is a good layer to matte things down and set them without the extra layer of pigment. For max coverage, I'd use the Set Powder though. They are both finely milled, similar to the Beauty Powders if you have any of those to compare them.

HTH

MACina

What do you use from MAC? i want to try their skincare but i have sensitive acne prone skin and i'm a bit scared
001_unsure.gif
.i must say though that i had no problem with the two foundations i use(studio sculpt and prolong wear)

I am using the Lightful line and love it
heart.gif

My skin was very irritated/super dry after taking antibiotics some time ago.
So I decided to use the Complete Comfort Cream first until it was in good condition
again and started with Lightful then.

I can' t say if it works for acne prone skin, though, because I have dry skin.

kerry-jane88

im a greaseball and i can use some of the mac skincare in conjunction with my topical acne solution.
i LOVE the lightful softening lotion, it certainly tones down a lot of the dark marks i get from spots.
i love the feel of the moisturiser with spf, with a skincare product i think so long as it feels nice and doesnt flare my skin conditions up it's all good :)
the p&p natural radiance primer thingy doesn't mattify me but it certainly makes my skin look a hell of a lot better and naturally balanced.
whenever ive gone for a mattifying regime in the past its just backfired and made my skin worse! so softly softly does it.
so im hoping that mac haven't written off the rumoured upcoming p&p spot type treatment? as i'd love to try that!

every persons skin is different though, but you guys in america have it alright anyway, if a beauty product doesn't suit you can return it, right?
wish we had that in the uk!

lyseD

I like the Set Powder if I actually want more coverage and the P&P finishing if I really want an invisible veil to matte everything down. The latter is actually transparent on me in the sense that is isn't pigmented, yeah it looks white in the compact but it applies sans color so it is a good layer to matte things down and set them without the extra layer of pigment. For max coverage, I'd use the Set Powder though. They are both finely milled, similar to the Beauty Powders if you have any of those to compare them.

HTH
Thank you.

Pinkdollface

Thanks for your help.
I don't have the P+P, but I also recommend the Set Powder like Martiangurll. I've been using it for years and love it. It's also cheaper per gram (you get 3 times as much as the P+P, but only pay a couple dollars more).

lyseD

I don't have the P+P, but I also recommend the Set Powder like Martiangurll. I've been using it for years and love it. It's also cheaper per gram (you get 3 times as much as the P+P, but only pay a couple dollars more).
Good to know -- thank you.

erine1881

I want to try the p&p 50 but afraid it will make my foundation slide off. It has to mattify to work on my greasy skin.
Try monistat chaffing gel. Not the cream. It's the same thing as mac matte and smashbox photofinish primer. Plus it's a lot cheaper too!
Sorry to change topics but can someone tell me the difference -- or which they prefer -- between Prep +Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and Set Powder. Thanks for your help.
Good question! I've been meaning to ask that for a while!
P&P mattifies, sets and blurs. But it also flashes back in pics if you aren't careful, so i wouldn't use it any time pictures are involved. Set only sets. That's it.

martiangurll

Set only sets. That's it.
I have never been able to find the monistat at the drug store. I have and love SB Photofinish but this new Paula's choice has been my answer to mattification and SPF in one product. My only concern about using the Monistat and the Photofinish is my concern it will dilute whatever SPF I have on underneath it. Now that I have found this HG product, I don't sweat that. Of course, now I have found the HG, they will probably reformulate it, so I better stock up! Plus, it has antioxidants and other good stuff in it. I have searched for years literally for a regimen that works, and this is it. Plus, I love its only 2 layers, one layer is SPF and primer and moisture and the next is the foundation of choice. (Varies between Matchmaster MAC, NARS or Loreal Visible Lift). I have tried the new MAC mineralize foundation and I like it, but NC20 is way too dark. Wonder if it comes in NC15?

erine1881

I have never been able to find the monistat at the drug store.  I have and love SB Photofinish but this new Paula's choice has been my answer to mattification and SPF in one product.  My only concern about using the Monistat and the Photofinish is my concern it will dilute whatever SPF I have on underneath it.  Now that I have found this HG product, I don't sweat that.  Of course, now I have found the HG, they will probably reformulate it, so I better stock up!  Plus, it has antioxidants and other good stuff in it.  I have searched for years literally for a regimen that works, and this is it.  Plus, I love its only 2 layers, one layer is SPF and primer and moisture and the next is the foundation of choice.  (Varies between Matchmaster MAC, NARS or Loreal Visible Lift).  I have tried the new MAC mineralize foundation and I like it, but NC20 is way too dark.  Wonder if it comes in NC15?
Yeah I've never been able to find it at the drugstores either but finally found it at Target!

ma146rina

im a greaseball and i can use some of the mac skincare in conjunction with my topical acne solution.
i LOVE the lightful softening lotion, it certainly tones down a lot of the dark marks i get from spots.
i love the feel of the moisturiser with spf, with a skincare product i think so long as it feels nice and doesnt flare my skin conditions up it's all good :)
the p&p natural radiance primer thingy doesn't mattify me but it certainly makes my skin look a hell of a lot better and naturally balanced.
whenever ive gone for a mattifying regime in the past its just backfired and made my skin worse! so softly softly does it.
so im hoping that mac haven't written off the rumoured upcoming p&p spot type treatment? as i'd love to try that!

every persons skin is different though, but you guys in america have it alright anyway, if a beauty product doesn't suit you can return it, right?
wish we had that in the uk!
Thanks!i'll try the lightful line! and yes the prep and prime radiance it's really good!

Mac4Megan

Saw the posted on IG tonight. Hash tags say #new #matte #lipstick #winter # macupdate . Wasn't really sure where to post this yet. Doesn't look like any of the descriptions for divine night. Whatever it is, I NEED it! Credit to IG user _rubywoome
57586bac_image.jpeg

ForeverJenn

Saw the posted on IG tonight. Hash tags say #new #matte #lipstick #winter # macupdate . Wasn't really sure where to post this yet. Doesn't look like any of the descriptions for divine night. Whatever it is, I NEED it! Credit to IG user _rubywoome
57586bac_image.jpeg
Wish it wasn't so filtered :sigh:

erine1881

57586bac_image.jpeg
If it's matte! It'll be MINE!!!

Latest posts