MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Monsy shiseido urban enviroment

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
For face the paulas choice resist matte finish primer is ace. It doubles as a tinted moisturizer too.

Thank you, ladies!

I have already read a lot of positive reviews on the Shiseido one. Have never heard of Paulas Choice before, though.
Have to look into it.
Paula's Choice is now my skin care of choice. Once i hit 60, some years ago, i figured maybe i should take care of my skin. I spent a fortune at sephora for a few years. Then i started reading about skin care ingredients, and how many products with good ingredients also include irritating ingredients or those with known toxicity. Since i have rosacea on my cheeks, nose, and chin, i really don't need them to get any redder.

One place to check for info on which products are good, which are dubious, and which are not good, as well as which have good packaging and which have packaging that lets the ingredients deteriorate - jars are especially bad that way, letting in so much air which makes antioxidant oxidize:
http://beautypedia.com
And to check on toxicity types and levels of ingredients:
http://www.ewg.org

I still use some stuff that is less than perfect, i'm not fanatic. But i can at least reduce my exposure.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by IHughes
What about over makeup? What do you guys do? I put SPF50 below my makeup but I live in Spain and it's quite sunny so what can I do if I want to add during the day without upsetting my makeup?

I always put sunscreen on under my makeup, usually SPF 30. I mostly stay out of the sun, but UVA (the kind that doesn't burn, but ages skin and causes skin cancers) comes in through windows in cars and buildings.

And then there are the camping events i go to - so leg and arm covering clothing, no makeup, and re-applications of sunscreen SPF 50 every 2 hours.

lilinah

I don't have oily skin, in my youth it was combo normal with T-zone, but now it's dry. Because of the rosacea on my cheeks, nose, and chin, those areas often seem to "melt off" anything i have on over them, letting the red glow through.

So sometimes i wear a mattifier - since i was ordering stuff from Paula's Choice i decided to try hers, Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish. It's not perfect - what is! - but it helps keep my skin care and makeup in place longer than without it - maybe about 4 hours. It comes in a tube and it's easy to carry and to squeeze out a little and tap in on over whatever is on the face.

I have no idea how it compares to any other mattifiers since it's the only one i've ever tried.

Ana A

No. She said it comes out in a few months.
Maybe one of the 4 lipsticks for Punk Couture
th_dunno.gif

MACupGrl

New April 2014 Collab- Proenza Schouler. http://m.racked.com/archives/2013/10/01/proenza-schouler-and-mac-do-the-makeup-collab.php Ombre face powder? Hhmm.

tattletale

so a little bird told me

all mac locations will be launching PRE MADE 15 pan shadow palettes!! they were will be 2! a warm set and a cool set and they will retail for $120 but pro discount does not apply

there will be a BLACK MATTE lipstick for black friday

the brushes that look like tooth brushes will be released as well!! there will be 3! pro discount does not apply

new natural radiance primer in pink shade will be released

punk couture will be a on counter collection!! i need the black cremesheen glass and lipstick in this collection too!!

there will be a nude collection and extra dimension will be back!!

MACina

so a little bird told me

all mac locations will be launching PRE MADE 15 pan shadow palettes!! they were will be 2! a warm set and a cool set and they will retail for $120 but pro discount does not apply

the brushes that look like tooth brushes will be released as well!! there will be 3! pro discount does not apply

punk couture will be a on counter collection!! i need the black cremesheen glass and lipstick in this collection too!!

nanaparty.gif
.....YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Sooooooooo excited for the black lip products
pompom.gif

Thank you so much for sharing, tattletale
bouquet.gif

OctoberViolet

so a little bird told me

NaomiH

so a little bird told me

Excited!!!
pompom.gif

Latest posts