MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

jetjet

Just try a different counter. Different counters, different rules, you know...
Gosh I hope so!
But the list ("Back 2 MAC Swatches" with pictures of each lipstick) was printed and laminated and sitting right next to the lippies. Also, the box of the lipstick I got has a red, Back 2 MAC sticker over the barcode.

I've posted the list over here: http://www.specktra.net/t/155281/back-to-mac-for-australians#post_2301766

I think it's wide spread, a few girls over on the Vogue Australia forum are talking about it.

PrincessSarah? are you around? is it the same in Melbourne?

princess sarah

Yes the Back2Mac for Australia has changed as of the 1st of November, here is the complete list from Mac Pro in Melbourne

http://starlingbright.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/changes-to-back-to-mac-recycling-for.html

It is now 100% effective in Perth, and over here we cant B2M limited edition packaging but I am lucky enough that the girls on my counter will let me B2M LE even if it is in regular packaging and depotted products without the pans.

Gosh I hope so!
But the list ("Back 2 MAC Swatches" with pictures of each lipstick) was printed and laminated and sitting right next to the lippies. Also, the box of the lipstick I got has a red, Back 2 MAC sticker over the barcode.

I've posted the list over here: http://www.specktra.net/t/155281/back-to-mac-for-australians#post_2301766

I think it's wide spread, a few girls over on the Vogue Australia forum are talking about it.

PrincessSarah? are you around? is it the same in Melbourne?

OctoberViolet

Well, I just got back from doing b2m in the NYC SoHo MAC store. I returned 24 containers. I was shocked that I actually got such a sweet, polite and knowledgable sales associate. She couldn't believe I was returning 24 and that most of my lippies were "old". She said I could chose 4 lipsticks or mix & match with eyeshadows and lipglass. I don't like lipglass so that was a definite no! I also have enough shadows right now. The lippies however, made me happy. The sad part is I still own the majority of their permanent lipsticks. I wish they would add to them. This store didn't have the "new" permanent lipsticks. I couldn't get Mehr, Yash or Tabla. They also didn't have Russian Red (which I own and love). After going back & forth and fighting the crowd. I decided on the following four lipsticks:

1. Ruby Woo (have heard some great things about this shade)
2. Cyber (don't know why I never bought it before, such a beautiful dark color)
3. Lickable (eh. I didn't have much choice and the color looked pretty)
4. Cockney (another eh. I think I have something similar, but again, it looked pretty and I have never owned it).

So ladies & gents. Have any of you owned or currently own any of my new lipsticks? Can you let me know if I made good choices and how you feel about them? Thank you ahead of time.
grouphug2.gif

PS: I meant to ask about Taste Temptations, but I was on my lunch break and had to head back. Sorry!
kissy.gif

MACina

eyelove.gif
....great choice OctoberViolet!!!

I have all these lipsticks.My favorites are Cyber and Lickable
heart.gif

Well, I just got back from doing b2m in the NYC SoHo MAC store. I returned 24 containers. I was shocked that I actually got such a sweet, polite and knowledgable sales associate. She couldn't believe I was returning 24 and that most of my lippies were "old". She said I could chose 4 lipsticks or mix & match with eyeshadows and lipglass. I don't like lipglass so that was a definite no! I also have enough shadows right now. The lippies however, made me happy. The sad part is I still own the majority of their permanent lipsticks. I wish they would add to them. This store didn't have the "new" permanent lipsticks. I couldn't get Mehr, Yash or Tabla. They also didn't have Russian Red (which I own and love). After going back & forth and fighting the crowd. I decided on the following four lipsticks:

4. Cockney (another eh. I think I have something similar, but again, it looked pretty and I have never owned it).

So ladies & gents. Have any of you owned or currently own any of my new lipsticks? Can you let me know if I made good choices and how you feel about them? Thank you ahead of time.
grouphug2.gif

PS: I meant to ask about Taste Temptations, but I was on my lunch break and had to head back. Sorry!
kissy.gif

lilinah

grouphug2.gif
Glad to hear the SA was so accepting and helpful! Yea!

Back in the 90s, I bought Cyber. I still have it, but it's now too old to wear and i intend to buy another. So, i vote thumbs up
thmbup.gif
for Cyber. I'm a big fan of contrast, so i like dark lipsticks.

GlamQueen21

grouphug2.gif

kissy.gif
Good choices! I'm so going to B2M for Lickable l/s soon!

jetjet

Yes the Back2Mac for Australia has changed as of the 1st of November, here is the complete list from Mac Pro in Melbourne

http://starlingbright.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/changes-to-back-to-mac-recycling-for.html

It is now 100% effective in Perth, and over here we cant B2M limited edition packaging but I am lucky enough that the girls on my counter will let me B2M LE even if it is in regular packaging and depotted products without the pans.
lame....but in some ways good to know it's not just my counter being special as it's missed a few collections in the past.

Liz2012

grouphug2.gif

kissy.gif
I own Ruby Woo and Cyber myself and i'm a fan of both, so very nice picks imo
thmbup.gif

OctoberViolet

Thank you ladies for the thumbs up on my b2m choices of lippies. I haven't had a chance to play with any of them due to my catching a cold. This cold better leave my system in time for me to enjoy some Thanksgiving dinner and order like a mad person for the Grey Friday lipstick and the Taste Temptation mattenes & blushes. I hate being sick!!!!!
crybaby.gif

Liz2012

Thank you ladies for the thumbs up on my b2m choices of lippies. I haven't had a chance to play with any of them due to my catching a cold. This cold better leave my system in time for me to enjoy some Thanksgiving dinner and order like a mad person for the Grey Friday lipstick and the Taste Temptation mattenes & blushes. I hate being sick!!!!!
crybaby.gif
Aww, hope you'll get well soon!
bouquet.gif

kimibos

crybaby.gif
ohhh noo, i hope you get better soon. i want to stalk the mac site with you!
th_cheerup.gif

MACina

OctoberViolet...I hope that you are feeling better soon
th_cheerup.gif

crybaby.gif

Medgal07

grouphug2.gif

kissy.gif
How odd...I had inquired about Mehr, Yash & Tabla recently and my local MAC store didn't have them either. I've also been waiting for a restock of Sin. I have both Ruby Woo and Lickable and I enjoy both. Some have complained about Ruby Woo being drying but I prefer the Matte formula. I find it has incredible staying power...one of my go-to red lippies.

Medgal07

crybaby.gif
I hope you feel better and are able to shake that cold real soon!
bouquet.gif

Fiberluver

How odd...I had inquired about Mehr, Yash & Tabla recently and my local MAC store didn't have them either. I've also been waiting for a restock of Sin. I have both Ruby Woo and Lickable and I enjoy both. Some have complained about Ruby Woo being drying but I prefer the Matte formula. I find it has incredible staying power...one of my go-to red lippies.
I always use a lip balm of some sort - even Prep + Prime lip - before putting on Ruby Woo.
Depending on my mood, I use a lip pencil to line & fill in & then lipstick. I may use 2 or 3 pencils under RW - depending on the look I'm going for.
I love MAC's matte formula as well. Prefer that over frost, lustres, cremesheens.

KMQE716

So...i just wanted to let you all know about what i saw when i was in Nordstrom today, if nobody already knows about it or talked about it!

So i was asking her if the Strength collection would be in stores here and she was like no it wont be. Then she showed me their display book and all of the next collections for December and then next page was after holiday/january was in the book. So im looking at it and there are SOOOOOOOOOO many other collections coming out between Dec 26th and Jan 3rd, it really makes no sense how we are able to keep up with this. Let me list the ones i remember:

*Apres' Chic which we all know comes out Dec 26th

*Another collection which it looked like it was based off of mascara? it was called something like "In Extra Dimension" or something on those likes..the promo pic was like all these black slashes or whatnot and eyes in the middle.

*Then There was a collection called PRESSED PIGMENTS and the two girls had one them one of the girl's eyes was pink and the other one was purple, like lavender. That was scheduled to come out Dec 26th as well. She said they are just like those ones that came out with Face and Body but in color. She said she remembers pink, purple, a pretty blue and some other color which i forgot bc i was focused on trying to remember the names haha

*then...there is a collection called "Studio". She said she didnt know anything about it yet except it's based on skincare she believes, but it's a lady who is a WOC and she is posing for a photographer. December 26th.

*thennnnn....of course the Pro Concealer palette collection comes out January 3rd, and there was a promo pic of the lady getting her makeup done and they are holding the palette.

*Then Strength collection with the Gladiator size lady with the dress on, Jan 3rd.

*then OOOO this one made my eyes light up! it's called Stylish Brow, and that comes out January 10th i believe it said, and it is a collection of prolongwear brow pencils that are WATERPROOF. We will see how that goes. she said that they work very well. And the promo ad is a lady getting her brows filled in, a brownish red color.

So strap up ya belts ladies and gents, MAC is trying to work these pockets of ours indeed lol :)

if i can take a photo next time ill get it for yall :)

liba

So...i just wanted to let you all know about what i saw when i was in Nordstrom today, if nobody already knows about it or talked about it!

So i was asking her if the Strength collection would be in stores here and she was like no it wont be. Then she showed me their display book and all of the next collections for December and then next page was after holiday/january was in the book. So im looking at it and there are SOOOOOOOOOO many other collections coming out between Dec 26th and Jan 3rd, it really makes no sense how we are able to keep up with this. Let me list the ones i remember:

*Apres' Chic which we all know comes out Dec 26th

*Another collection which it looked like it was based off of mascara? it was called something like "In Extra Dimension" or something on those likes..the promo pic was like all these black slashes or whatnot and eyes in the middle.

*Then There was a collection called PRESSED PIGMENTS and the two girls had one them one of the girl's eyes was pink and the other one was purple, like lavender. That was scheduled to come out Dec 26th as well. She said they are just like those ones that came out with Face and Body but in color. She said she remembers pink, purple, a pretty blue and some other color which i forgot bc i was focused on trying to remember the names haha

*then...there is a collection called "Studio". She said she didnt know anything about it yet except it's based on skincare she believes, but it's a lady who is a WOC and she is posing for a photographer. December 26th.

*thennnnn....of course the Pro Concealer palette collection comes out January 3rd, and there was a promo pic of the lady getting her makeup done and they are holding the palette.

*Then Strength collection with the Gladiator size lady with the dress on, Jan 3rd.

*then OOOO this one made my eyes light up! it's called Stylish Brow, and that comes out January 10th i believe it said, and it is a collection of prolongwear brow pencils that are WATERPROOF. We will see how that goes. she said that they work very well. And the promo ad is a lady getting her brows filled in, a brownish red color.

So strap up ya belts ladies and gents, MAC is trying to work these pockets of ours indeed lol :)

if i can take a photo next time ill get it for yall :)
That Studio one is just a relaunch of some popular skin prep and foundation (the foundation may be relaunching with the concealer palettes, though...I didn't pay really close attention at the time) - no new products, as far as I could tell, when I saw the book. I think this is where they bring back the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator for good, though, so everyone who likes that one can be
party.gif

Extradimension is a new mascara - they're just launching the single product. There's also going to be a separate launch in Dec. of a waterproof version of False Lashes (my MA talked me into a tube of the regular FL, and it's really great for adding serious curl to the lashes - no other MAC mascara does that for me....it's a Prescriptives formula, though, so no wonder, I guess).

We've got threads going for the other collections - I'm really excited for more Pressed Pigments - the paper swatches I saw of some of the new colors are just gorgeous!!