MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

KMQE716

That Studio one is just a relaunch of some popular skin prep and foundation (the foundation may be relaunching with the concealer palettes, though...I didn't pay really close attention at the time) - no new products, as far as I could tell, when I saw the book. I think this is where they bring back the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator for good, though, so everyone who likes that one can be
party.gif

Extradimension is a new mascara - they're just launching the single product. There's also going to be a separate launch in Dec. of a waterproof version of False Lashes (my MA talked me into a tube of the regular FL, and it's really great for adding serious curl to the lashes - no other MAC mascara does that for me....it's a Prescriptives formula, though, so no wonder, I guess).

We've got threads going for the other collections - I'm really excited for more Pressed Pigments - the paper swatches I saw of some of the new colors are just gorgeous!!
Ah, nice! Well looks like i was behind on this then hahah :)

Well i got super excited abou the Studio one and brow one. I feel the same about the Mascara i have been looking to try a new one instead of using Zoom so i can't wait for that one too!!

i didn't really know if anyone had talked about them; the collection threads i saw i responded in them! but thanks for the heads up!

Not for sure how to feel about the pressed pigments. i hope they are a tad softer than these other ones that came out

GlamQueen21

A waterproof version of the False Lash Mascara?! Count me in!!! I'm also looking forward to purchasing VAE when it launches and glad that's permanent!! I'm happy that I will be going on a no-buy after Taste Temptaions/Strength/Apres Chic collection!

ladyarwen

I'm flipping through my December issue of Vogue, and in the beauty section there's a shot of a pigment called Rock-It Yellow without its cap. Is this a pro color, or could this possibly be part of an upcoming collection?

EDIT: NVM, I just googled it, and it's Pro. Shame, I was hoping we were getting a sneak peak to some new stuff.

Mac-Guy

That Studio one is just a relaunch of some popular skin prep and foundation (the foundation may be relaunching with the concealer palettes, though...I didn't pay really close attention at the time) - no new products, as far as I could tell, when I saw the book. I think this is where they bring back the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator for good, though, so everyone who likes that one can be
party.gif

Extradimension is a new mascara - they're just launching the single product. There's also going to be a separate launch in Dec. of a waterproof version of False Lashes (my MA talked me into a tube of the regular FL, and it's really great for adding serious curl to the lashes - no other MAC mascara does that for me....it's a Prescriptives formula, though, so no wonder, I guess).

We've got threads going for the other collections - I'm really excited for more Pressed Pigments - the paper swatches I saw of some of the new colors are just gorgeous!!
The new products are the foundation shade extensions. I'll open a new thread for this collection.

martiangurll

The new products are the foundation shade extensions. I'll open a new thread for this collection.
Is it the Studio Fix they will add shade extensions? I have been wanting to try it, I am in love with Matchmaster but would love to branch out.

MRV

Just chatted with Mac UK again about December. First I got the odd list again but then: only the Pressed Pigments!

Anitacska

I was thinking, that Glamour Violet collection could just be one of those where they put some permanent products together, like the P***** (can't remember) Pinks were. But yay to Pressed Pigments!

Just chatted with Mac UK again about December. First I got the odd list again but then: only the Pressed Pigments!

gracie90

I was thinking, that Glamour Violet collection could just be one of those where they put some permanent products together, like the P***** (can't remember) Pinks were. But yay to Pressed Pigments!
I think it was Perennial?? Not that it matters :p

lilinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah
I just picked up the 3-speed Clarisonic at a Sephora Friends & Family sale a couple days ago. I had been hesitating because of the expense, but it was 20% off! So, still expensive, but hey only 4/5 of the original price.

It came with a sensitive skin brush, which i need for my mature rosacea prone skin. And it has a body speed and body brush, so i can get at my elephant elbows - well, they're not so elephantine, since i've been using AHAs and antioxidants on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy
If you have rosacea prone skin, you probably should use the delicate or the acne brush head (yes, the latter one has a very unfortunate name - it's really the softest brush of all of them). The sensitive brush head is the regular one that comes with most models - it might be too harsh for rosacea prone skin. I think the acne head would be the best as the bristles are noticeable softer than any of the other brush heads. HTH

Thanks. I tried out my Clarisonic with the "Sensitive" brush. It was fine on the sides of my face and my jaw line, but it was a bit harsh even for my forehead. And less than one second on each cheek and they were in pain!

So i got the Acne brush as you suggested and it works great. No pain on my cheeks at all and i use it for the full suggested 10 seconds. I've been using it every night with no problems. Thank you, Mac-Guy!

Mac-Guy

Thanks. I tried out my Clarisonic with the "Sensitive" brush. It was fine on the sides of my face and my jaw line, but it was a bit harsh even for my forehead. And less than one second on each cheek and they were in pain!

So i got the Acne brush as you suggested and it works great. No pain on my cheeks at all and i use it for the full suggested 10 seconds. I've been using it every night with no problems. Thank you, Mac-Guy!
You are welcome. I'm thrilled to hear that it worked out for you. :)

rockin

MAC just tweeted this, which may be of interest to some of you. The 'Snob surprise' sounds intriguing

"New Yorkers & 5th Ave Shoppers: Doors are open at 689 5th Ave. For SMS alerts & a Snob surprise you may want to text "5th Avenue" to 898622"

OctoberViolet

Thank you for the info rockin! I am curious to know what this is also. Is it just for the store or will it be online also? Also, do we know what day this is going to happen?

MAC just tweeted this, which may be of interest to some of you. The 'Snob surprise' sounds intriguing

"New Yorkers & 5th Ave Shoppers: Doors are open at 689 5th Ave. For SMS alerts & a Snob surprise you may want to text "5th Avenue" to 898622"

lilinah

Quote:
I just picked up the 3-speed Clarisonic at a Sephora Friends & Family sale a couple days ago.

It isn't the wireless kind, it's the Clarisonic Plus. It has a cradle that plugs into the wall. It also turns off after one minute on the body setting.

Quote: Originally Posted by CartoonChic
girlhaha.gif
Thanks. It would be nice if the body setting was longer than 1 minute.

Hi, CartoonChic:

I've been using the Clarisonic on my face quite a bit since i got rid of the "Sensitive" brush and replaced it with the gentler "Acne" head -- i don't have acne, just sensitive facial skin. The built-in timer is quite helpful for the face.

My initial comments about the "Body" head were based on my understanding of the manual. Today i finally remembered to bring the "Body" head into the shower with me! And the Clarisonic stays on longer than a minute! Actually, I think you can use it until it runs out of energy!

-- First i washed my hair.
-- Then i washed all over with LUSH Ghost Shower Gel, which has the scent of Iilies.

-- Next i used the Clarisonic with the "Body" head and St. Ives Renew & Firm Apricot Scrub on my elbows, arms backs of my hands, legs, and feet. I don't know how long, but a number of minutes, i'd say.

-- Then I changed to the "Acne" head and washed my face with a gentle facial cleanser using the built-in timer: 20 seconds on forehead, 20 seconds on chin and nose, 10 seconds on each cheek and the side of my jaw; and then i used it on my neck and decolleté for about 30 seconds.

-- Next i put conditioner on my hair and put my hair up with conditioner on it.
-- Then i washed again all over with LUSH Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie (Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, & Cocoa Butter, and real Rose, Jasmine, & Neroli).
-- Finally, i rinsed out the conditioner in cooler water.

And after i got out of the shower i slathered my arms, hands, legs, and feet with LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (Almond Oil, Brazil Nut Oil, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Cupuacu Butter, & Cocoa Butter, and real Vanilla, Rose, Geranium, & Lemon)

My elbows feel really soft... and i smell 'specially good ! It was almost like being in a spa... all i'm missing is a good hour-long massage...
th_e2cloud9.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
A new collection
pompom.gif

Quote: From Thriller to Gremlins, comic book heroes to storybook legends, the illustrious career of Makeup Artist Rick Baker knows no creative bounds. M∙A∙C is proud to announce a limited-edition makeup collaboration with this special effects visionary. Debuts in M∙A∙C Pro Stores and online October 2013.

(maybe that's the one with the black display from the pic I linked in the Archie's thread?? I think it would fit very well)

There will be 15 products. I'm super excited for this!

MAC Cosmetics Teaming Up With Rick Baker - Fashion Scoops - Fashion - WWD.com