MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

AutumnMoon

I picked up both palettes today.  I went on a calling spree earlier today and found 2 stores with 1 palette left.  I hot footed it downtown to get them.  Midtown manhattan was crazy crowded today.  Lots of hustle and bustle with tourist crowd.  I took in some sights while I shopped as well.
You'll have to post some looks with the palettes. Did you get both?

Icecaramellatte

You'll have to post some looks with the palettes. Did you get both?
Yes both palettes look great. One store said they had warm left and another said they had cool. I called a store that told me they had stock a few days ago just to double check before I headed out and they told me they were soldout so I decided to call a whole bunch more. I got really lucky. I haven't tried them yet but I think I will use them a lot. I was just using one of my Chanel quads the yesterday and noticed the matte pink shade was running low and thought I needed to look for a matte pink shadow. Well, there's one in the cool neutral palette.

I have 3 of the warm shadows: Hey, Honey Lust and Divine Decadence. I don't mind having doubles since I love all three. In fact, I put Hey in the very same spot in my own custom made 15 palette of neutrals and browns.

I don't have any of the shades in the cool palette.

bluelitzer

Warm and cool palette live swatches:)
God i want both....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8YVi2xfRQ
Thank you for sharing this!
eyelove.gif

Icecaramellatte

Yes, thanks for sharing this. I still haven't used these palettes yet but I hope to tomorrow and this video will help.

BTW I thought it was my imagination but it is not. This palette feels a whole lot lighter than my custom made 15 pan palette. I bought the palette before mac lowered the price. Did they use lighter materials with the newly priced palettes? If so, I'm definitely going to return my unused 15 pan palette.

I like that the premade palette has a plastic insert with circles. Hopefully this will cut down on shadow dust all over.

erine1881

Yes, thanks for sharing this.  I still haven't used these palettes yet but I hope to tomorrow and this video will help. BTW I thought it was my imagination but it is not.  This palette feels a whole lot lighter than my custom made 15 pan palette.  I bought the palette before mac lowered the price.  Did they use lighter materials with the newly priced palettes?  If so, I'm definitely going to return my unused 15 pan palette. I like that the premade palette has a plastic insert with circles. Hopefully this will cut down on shadow dust all over.
Nope. The cost of materials just went down. That's what accounted for the drop in price of both the palettes and the inserts.

KrystalAnne

I really want these! I only have one full mac eye palette and not many mac neutrals, so these would be great!

KrystalAnne

I use mine a lot. I like that there are matte, veluxe, frost, veluxe, etc. lots of different textures.
I would if I had them, too! Different textures is always a plus. Seems like you can create endless looks with them! I wish these would be online.

Makeup Emporium

I see that some people have not been able to find these yet as it seems that not all stores have them. If anyone needs the Warm Neutral palette I have an extra BNIB and it would be $125 shipped to the US. They retail for $120 so the extra $5 is just to cover shipping with tracking! PM me if interested.

Addict4MAC

Warm and cool palette live swatches:)
God i want both....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8YVi2xfRQ
Thanks so much for sharing this! I will definitely get this one first.

OK ladies I don't have many MAC eyeshadows. Just a very few permanent and limited edition eyeshadows from the recent releases last year. Do you think it will be worth it to me to purchase both palettes? My only concern is that the cool palette will not work as well since I am warm toned. I'm not that makeup savvy so I could totally be wrong about that. These palette just seem to be the perfect way to start my MAC eyeshadow collection as they have a few staples in each. Also, I do not own any of the Naked palettes.

Thanks in advance!

Spanky

I'm so behind on what's coming up. I'm nervous I'm going to miss out I something & that certainly can't happen. I was blindsided by these palettes. Damn it for seeing this thread!!! I hadn't been out of my house in days or felt well enough to even think straight since Christmas Eve so I finally made it to ULTA last nightto buy my regular moisturizer because I had to buy another brand since they were sold out of everything a few weeks ago. I had a nasty allergic reaction to the new moisturizer I bought. I literally wanted to scratch my skin so hard that I'd rip it from my face because the reaction made me so itchy & then I got all splotchy & bumpy. I was pissed! Last night I finally wore my regular moisturizer, I had not worn anything in the last couple weeks... Anyhow, I went on a binge of NYX's new shadow pencils & then I saw their new LSs & got a few of those, etc. I know you all know how it is, you go in for one thing & then you walk out with so much crap. As soon as I slid my card, I felt guilt wash over me...why don't I have any damn willpower when it comes to not buying MU? Ugh. & now I'm drooling over both of these palettes. I have a problem. Anyone with me here? I'm not ready for the Project Low Buy because I don't think I can commit.

Addict4MAC

I'm sorry 4 asking but are these permanent or LE? Thank you! & everyone that has it has seen it or bought it at their MAC store? I'm so lost. This blindsided me. Damn it for seeing this!!!
They are permanent. I believe they are only in a few MAC stores right now.

Icecaramellatte

THIS.

OK ladies I don't have many MAC eyeshadows. Just a very few permanent and limited edition eyeshadows from the recent releases last year. Do you think it will be worth it to me to purchase both palettes? My only concern is that the cool palette will not work as well since I am warm toned. I'm not that makeup savvy so I could totally be wrong about that. These palette just seem to be the perfect way to start my MAC eyeshadow collection as they have a few staples in each. Also, I do not own any of the Naked palettes.

Thanks in advance!
I just got these palettes and only used one of them yesterday. I'm quite warm too and used the cool palette yesterday, only about 4 colors. I will say the cool palette is pretty neutral. It is call Cool Neutral and it really is. It is not that cool to me. I think it is mostly neutral with a few cool but wearable colors. I think you would get a lot of use out of it. It is a big purchase but a great value I think. BTW I know it was listed somewhere on here as $120 or $125 but it rang up to $100 even for each palette which was a pleasant surprise for me. If you can swing it, get both.

bluelitzer

THIS.

Thanks in advance!
I am also warm, very warm-toned. My personal experience with cool/cooler colors like satin taupe, silvers, greys and any color eyeshadow with silver glitters or pigments mixed with them is they look muddy and/or unflatteringly washed out on me so I avoid them like the bubonic plague. Ofcourse we are all different but I would say try them first in the store to see.

Latest posts