MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

erine1881

THIS. Thanks so much for sharing this! I will definitely get this one first. OK ladies I don't have many MAC eyeshadows. Just a very few permanent and limited edition eyeshadows from the recent releases last year. Do you think it will be worth it to me to purchase both palettes? My only concern is that the cool palette will not work as well since I am warm toned. I'm not that makeup savvy so I could totally be wrong about that. These palette just seem to be the perfect way to start my MAC eyeshadow collection as they have a few staples in each. Also, I do not own any of the Naked palettes. Thanks in advance!
I'm warm too and wear any and all colours. There's no rule saying you have to wear certain colours. Wear what makes you happy! :fluffy:

Spanky

I tried to take one of the eye look I had yesterday, but the lighting was very bad in my office. The Naked UD palettes are great (I gave 1 and 2) but I feel like all the colors are so similar and so shimmery. I get more mileage out of UD basics. I just prefer mattes. MAC's shimmery shadows (at least in these palettes, to me) aren't as crazy shimmery. You can still see color instead of just shine. Does that make sense? So these are a bette choice for me. I tried my Naked palettes last night and I was just unhappy with my results. But I am a total MAC fan girl. ;)
I had both Naked 1 & 2. I rarely used my Naked 1 & sold my Naked 2 because I could not make it work like I can with my MAC ESs & pigments. Curiosity got the best of me & I caved & bought Naked 3 & Vice 2 but I'm scared to use Vice b/c I, too, am a MAC girl. On the other hand, I really love the looks that people do with their UD ESs & think the swatches I've seen of the Smoked & Vice Palettes are great. Now, I'm in love with their new LSs, I absolutely think they are beautiful. So. I was hoping that perhaps with their new formula maybe Vice 2 & Naked 3 will work for me. I bought Naked 3 because I love Rose Gold & thought it looked like I could get some use out of it. I bought it without swatching it & finally swatched one at a store yesterday...I am so thoroughly in hate with it...granted I wasn't using ES brushes, I was using qtips. I'm NC20, so it should show up on me, right? But even after digging into the shadow, most of the colors applied patchy, splotchy & with very little color payoff. I even had lotion on my arm & water & still they didn't apply worth a crap. The store was empty last night, as I was the only one running errands at 8:30 in the 20 degree weather with wind gusts that literally were pushing me sideways (don't know what it was with the wind chill, but I couldn't feel my hands after walking from my car to the store)...Anyhow. I think I pissed the employee because I said "what is your opinion on this because look at these swatches, it looks like pure s*%t & she felt she needed to school me & tell me how popular a seller they all are. Puh-leaz, she knows me, she sees me all the time in that store & we've had multiple conversations, so I know about UD's reputation. But I'm curious if I'm the only one who has their doubts about using their Naked 3, Vice 2 &/or Smoked Palettes. I'm annoyed, because I had no idea these were even coming out, if I knew I wouldn't have bought the other things... I want to know if these will be sold at counters... Thanks in advance. Sorry for the UD rant, I'll paste that in the thread, if there is one & see what people are saying...

Spanky

Yup, the 9th. Then Feb 6th at dept stores, IF they decide to carry them.
Happy New Year Specktraettes. I hope everyone has a fantastic 2014 where we all get every piece of MAC limited edition MU we want, as well as happiness & great health. Back to the topic at hand...Hey doll. Thanks for the info, it will be interesting to see what counters will be carrying these. Do you think these are they worth getting? I really don't ever buy only warm or only cool colors, I like & use them all.

Spanky

^ I feel the same. I have only Naked 1, and I have never been crazy about it (it's also my only UD palette). Naked 3 looks too pink for me, and I'm not interested in the glittery-ness either. The warm 15 looks much more promising. 
Right there with ya', except being the MAC lover I am I want both, of course. Hope they are perm so I don't have to stress over getting these.

Spanky

Yup, perm at all stores.
Thank you, I'm sorry I've asked 4 different times about these being perm. I was getting nervous because I think I **need both**...Although I know I need to wait for $ reasons & I want them now. It's a good thing the store here was sold out otherwise I would have dragged my super unwell self to the MAC store to get them & probably would have scared the hell out of everyone with my super pasty & dry, cracked lips due to dehydration because I've felt so horrible since Christmas Eve I haven't been up to or able to drive or even make it out of the house without someone being with me. & the thought of drinking & eating...ugh. But the thought of these palettes & the possibilities is so good.

Spanky

The Smokey Palette from UD is really pretty. Especially the bottom row! I've made my own MAC smokey palette but I'm sure they could come up with something much better than I could.
Hopefully MAC is leaving the possibilities open of doing other types of these palettes based on how well they do with these since they are calling them Neutral Warm & Neutral Cool...crosses fingers!

Icecaramellatte

Yay! I'm glad this is up. If more people get this, maybe they can post some looks I can copy.
cheerleader.gif

AutumnMoon

I had both Naked 1 & 2. I rarely used my Naked 1 & sold my Naked 2 because I could not make it work like I can with my MAC ESs & pigments. Curiosity got the best of me & I caved & bought Naked 3 & Vice 2 but I'm scared to use Vice b/c I, too, am a MAC girl. On the other hand, I really love the looks that people do with their UD ESs & think the swatches I've seen of the Smoked & Vice Palettes are great. Now, I'm in love with their new LSs, I absolutely think they are beautiful. So. I was hoping that perhaps with their new formula maybe Vice 2 & Naked 3 will work for me. I bought Naked 3 because I love Rose Gold & thought it looked like I could get some use out of it. I bought it without swatching it & finally swatched one at a store yesterday...I am so thoroughly in hate with it...granted I wasn't using ES brushes, I was using qtips. I'm NC20, so it should show up on me, right? But even after digging into the shadow, most of the colors applied patchy, splotchy & with very little color payoff. I even had lotion on my arm & water & still they didn't apply worth a crap. The store was empty last night, as I was the only one running errands at 8:30 in the 20 degree weather with wind gusts that literally were pushing me sideways (don't know what it was with the wind chill, but I couldn't feel my hands after walking from my car to the store)...Anyhow. I think I pissed the employee because I said "what is your opinion on this because look at these swatches, it looks like pure s*%t & she felt she needed to school me & tell me how popular a seller they all are. Puh-leaz, she knows me, she sees me all the time in that store & we've had multiple conversations, so I know about UD's reputation. But I'm curious if I'm the only one who has used there Naked 3, Vice 2 &/or Smoked Palettes. I'm annoyed, because I had no idea these were even coming out, if I knew I wouldn't have bought the other things... I just want to know if these are perm & if they will be sold at counters... Thanks in advance. Sorry for the UD rant, I'll paste that in the thread, if there is one & see what people are saying...
Omg. I have so many problems with UD. The lipsticks are very pretty, but I hate the shape and they have so much slip. The Smoked palette was a DISASTER! None of the colors had any payoff! The naked shadows are so shimmery and all the glitter falls everywhere, and that's when you can get them to show up. I hate to bust on the UD, but I think they put all the bad payoff colors in the palettes and out them at a cheap price so you think you're getting a bargain. I've just been burned too many times, I guess. Plus does the perversion liner cause anyone else's eyes to be sore? It's just that color...

Spanky

Omg. I have so many problems with UD. The lipsticks are very pretty, but I hate the shape and they have so much slip. The Smoked palette was a DISASTER! None of the colors had any payoff! The naked shadows are so shimmery and all the glitter falls everywhere, and that's when you can get them to show up. I hate to bust on the UD, but I think they put all the bad payoff colors in the palettes and out them at a cheap price so you think you're getting a bargain. I've just been burned too many times, I guess. Plus does the perversion liner cause anyone else's eyes to be sore? It's just that color...
I want to like their ESs & palettes, I do, but. Just have issues. Now, I am regretting my getting the Vice 2 palette & Smoked...especially after seeing your lovely swatches. I recently tried another HE ES quad & was thinking the entire time this doesn't even hold a candle to MAC's ESs...even the crappy ones. I returned that, t was so ridiculous, I just don't get how people can shell out $60 for a quint with very little pigmentation & be happy about it. I guess if you don't know what else is out there, you keep accepting what the brand puts out. I also splurged & bought a HE LS because I had seen swatches of it & it's a color that I fell I'm I've with last year & don't have many in that color range, so I was all excited to try it out, the pigmentation was pure crap. I was so annoyed. If I'm going to pay over $30 for a LS, it better have great pigmentation & I shouldn't have to wear a LL to make the color stand out more. I swear the NYX LS I bought tuned out to be a very similar color & it was so much better than the other LS. Sorry again for the rant, enjoy your goodies!

MsKb

glad to hear this is perm...I can hold back on purchasing when I read more reviews etc. I'm looking at the warm palette to officially start my MAC eyeshadow collection. Right now I use a lot of cream shadows and paint pots and I have a few UD palettes so I'm hoping these will work well for me.

martiangurll

Yup, perm at all stores.
Thank you, I'm sorry I've asked 4 different times about these being perm. I was getting nervous because I think I **need both**...Although I know I need to wait for $ reasons & I want them now. It's a good thing the store here was sold out otherwise I would have dragged my super unwell self to the MAC store to get them & probably would have scared the hell out of everyone with my super pasty & dry, cracked lips due to dehydration because I've felt so horrible since Christmas Eve I haven't been up to or able to drive or even make it out of the house without someone being with me. & the thought of drinking & eating...ugh. But the thought of these palettes & the possibilities is so good.
I have seven old school palettes full of MAC eyeshadow and more waiting to be depotted plus we aren't counting the bigger PLW ones and Mega metals + Peacocky. I can probably dupe all these colors with what i have but I still want BOTH of these. Don't send me to makeup rehab no no no.