mac face and body

Yazmin

How big is that 163 brush?
Best comparison I can make is if you joined the brush heads of two 259s together (~1.5 x the size) and with a slight dip in the middle, and a little more dense. Handle size is in line with the permanent brushes.

Yazmin

Thank you!

I really hope that they (and the pressed pigments) will be perm.
I know the brushes aren't perm, same for the pro sculpting creams. Can't remember whether the pressed pigments are perm, but I'm leaning towards not.

MACina

This is good to know....I have to get everything I have on my list as soon as it is available then!
I know the brushes aren't perm, same for the pro sculpting creams. Can't remember whether the pressed pigments are perm, but I'm leaning towards not.

Fiberluver

Now this is one collex I'm actually excited about! To me sculpting and contouring and everything that is done before color is what really makes wearing cosmetics worthwhile.
Color is cool too but I like tinkering with what I call "bones". Exciting stuff!

Mac-Guy

Now this is one collex I'm actually excited about! To me sculpting and contouring and everything that is done before color is what really makes wearing cosmetics worthwhile.
Color is cool too but I like tinkering with what I call "bones". Exciting stuff!
I'm the same. I consider contouring/highlighting the most essential! I've always been fascinated how contouring will alter the shape of your face, emphasize bone structure, and bring out your best features.

MRV

I had a sneak peek of this collection today. I will get the warm beige contour cream (I suppose that's the best one for NC20?) and (hopefully only) one of the pressed pigments. Can't wait to swatch them next week. Dumb question: is there a specific place where one should put the pressed pigment? Just to highlight?

The 163 looked smaller than I thought. Do we have the US prices for the brushes?

corinne27

I tried face & body once & i really didnt like it much!! it felt kind of tacky on my skin...maybe im doing it wrong?? i did use my #190 brush... what are some other brushes to apply it?

Audrey C

F&B is my favourite foundation. I've tried applying it with a variety of brushes, but I get the best results applying it with my fingers. I do a thin coat over my full face and then add a second to my cheeks to help tone down the red. I love it!

It does melt off my face in the summer, so primer is important for me.

It does leave a very dewy finish but I like that. I apply my powder blush before using setting powder - I think that helps with wear.

sss215

Don't change a winning horse. Which brush are you using?
MAC 168, 227 or the one of the real technique brushes. Nothing major, I think that brush is cool, but I feel like a lot of buffing out lines will be involved with the one in the article. I feel like what I have eliminates that extra step.

Mac-Guy

MAC 168, 227 or the one of the real technique brushes. Nothing major, I think that brush is cool, but I feel like a lot of buffing out lines will be involved with the one in the article. I feel like what I have eliminates that extra step.
Sometimes I like sharp lines for a contour, but I usually use a credit card to achieve that look.
peace2.gif

The new brush will be a great tool to create a more precise contour. But I agree, buffing out will be necessary.

HushHushRose

PLEASE STOP WORRYING!!!!

The "Sculpt & Shine" Collection released today in Europe and I went to the preview event and talked a lot with the artists and also people from the managing.

Face and Body will still be available in the big bottle. Don't get so upset about rumors when reliable press releas isn't out yet!!
MAC designed the smaller bottles for non PROs, because most of them never use up their F&B Foundation before it goes bad!
As this Foundation was designed for PROs that really use it on the body too, MAC originally sold it in a big bottle as you go through ssuch a bottle pretty fast. After it getting more and more popular with non-PROs they decided to be nice and to ALSO sell it in small bottles.

So ask yourself: Do you often through half a bottle of F&B away because it went bad: buy the small bottle. Although it is mor eexpensive per oz/mL it will be cheaper for you as you will be able to use it up before going bad.
You always use up the bottle before it goes bad: continue buying the big bottles.

And FYI: I had my oldest F&B for 4 years (as it is my private one that I don't use on clients) and it is still perfectly fine. I never stored it in the fridge though I kept it at a dark place.

luvlydee

is it me or the 163 brush looks similar to the nars ita brush (the long skinny one not the short one) if its the same i can easily skip that brush because i own the ita brush