mac face and body

princess sarah

Definately grabbing that brush... just like every limited edition brush that Mac brings out.. I pick them up!

This hits Aussie stores next few weeks. I went down and saw my local MUA, I want to check out the contour creams to see what they are like before I order them

sss215

is it me or the 163 brush looks similar to the nars ita brush (the long skinny one not the short one) if its the same i can easily skip that brush because i own the ita brush
This one looks like more bristles, ITA is flatter. The art supply store has something that looks similar to both, i guarantee!

Fiberluver

Sometimes I like sharp lines for a contour, but I usually use a credit card to achieve that look.
peace2.gif

The new brush will be a great tool to create a more precise contour. But I agree, buffing out will be necessary.
HOW? Please share ur technique!

Mac-Guy: will you please!!! share ur contour and highlight techniques?? THX so much!

mekaboo

I really hate that all the products besides Face and Body are limited edition. What is the point of having a limited edition contour product?? Makes no sense. I think I will stick with the shading and sculpting powders...

Mac-Guy

I really hate that all the products besides Face and Body are limited edition. What is the point of having a limited edition contour product?? Makes no sense. I think I will stick with the shading and sculpting powders...
If they sell well and if people continue to ask for them in store after they sold out, there is a good chance that they will become perm or at least Pro-only.

mekaboo

I don't know. How many things have people loved and MAC still hasn't brought it back? I limited edition color? I can understand however a limited edition product or brush that is used as tools to created basic face daily is a bit much.
If they sell well and if people continue to ask for them in store after they sold out, there is a good chance that they will become perm or at least Pro-only.

MRV

I can't get an accurate picture! On my computer now, the cream is much redder and darker than IRL, the pigment is closer but a bit less red IRL. These are quite heavy swatches. And my hand is really pale (N10ish).

sss215

The 215 looks like the 214. I wonder how different are they? I love the 214. It looks to me that the bristles on the 215 are a little taller than the ones on the 214. Can anyone confirm?

MACina

Thank you for the swatches MRV!

Did you swatch Deeply Dashing too?
If yes do you think that it would work for the crease?Or is it too shimmery?

I can't get an accurate picture! On my computer now, the cream is much redder and darker than IRL, the pigment is closer but a bit less red IRL. These are quite heavy swatches. And my hand is really pale (N10ish).

MRV

Quote:Originally Posted by sss215

The 215 looks like the 214. I wonder how different are they? I love the 214. It looks to me that the bristles on the 215 are a little taller than the ones on the 214. Can anyone confirm?

I don't have 214, but I think 215 is bigger. It's like 235 but with a bit shorter and rounder hairs.

MRV

Quote:Originally Posted by MACina

Thank you for the swatches  MRV!

Did you swatch Deeply Dashing too?
If yes do you think that it would work for the crease?Or is it too shimmery?

Yes I swatched them all. I would say that they are glittery rather than shimmery, of glitter even. The 3 lightest shades are more 'glitter' and the 3 darker ones 'colour with glitter'. The level of shine might depend on if you use sheerly, blend well, etc. but there are tiny bits that sparkle. I have not yet tried on lid (or face) though. I think DD was my second favorite. It is pigmented. Difficult to say if you'd like it in the crease or not.