mac face and body

MACina

Thank you MRV!

It sounds pretty nice and I might try it.
Yes I swatched them all. I would say that they are glittery rather than shimmery, of glitter even. The 3 lightest shades are more 'glitter' and the 3 darker ones 'colour with glitter'. The level of shine might depend on if you use sheerly, blend well, etc. but there are tiny bits that sparkle. I have not yet tried on lid (or face) though.I think DD was my second favorite. It is pigmented. Difficult to say if you'd like it in the crease or not.

lyseD

Hmmm. I love the colours but I don't like glitter on my face and only a little on my eyes. I'm not sure about the sculpting creams either since I get great results with Harmony blush.

This whole collection could be a skip for me.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hmmm. I love the colours but I don't like glitter on my face and only a little on my eyes. I'm not sure about the sculpting creams either since I get great results with Harmony blush.

This whole collection could be a skip for me.
Yup, for me too. I'm skipping the Pigments, because they look too glittery. I'd rather get a Cream Color Base for highlighting.

Icecaramellatte

I don't mind the glitter but I think for once I will need the help of an MA to know which colors to pick and how to use them. I really done any face sculpting before but I'm eager to start.

Yazmin

The 215 looks like the 214. I wonder how different are they? I love the 214. It looks to me that the bristles on the 215 are a little taller than the ones on the 214. Can anyone confirm?
To me, the 215 is a smaller version of the 227.

PrettyKitty

Hum.. the pressed pigments look very glittery, I won't use them on my cheeks then. But on the eyes...
eyelove.gif

MRV

Mackarrie has swatches of Accentuate sculpting cream and Light Touch pressed pigment here http://mackarrie.blogspot.nl/2012/09/mac-september-haul.html.
Accentuate looks like a highlighter. I'm wondering if some of the sculpting cremes are for highlighting and some for contouring. I would love to have a cream highlighter and a cream contour colour of these.
Yes, I was planning to get the second lightest but on my skin is was way too light for sculpting purposes. The lightest ones are def for hightlighting.

I have been wearing the pressed pigment I got on lids today. There (and on my face
ssad.gif
) is a lot of watery looking glitter.

Mac-Guy

Yes, I was planning to get the second lightest but on my skin is was way too light for sculpting purposes. The lightest ones are def for hightlighting.

I have been wearing the pressed pigment I got on lids today. There (and on my face
ssad.gif
Did you try to crush & blend them out? I found this works well for me. What brush did you use?

PrettyKitty

ssad.gif
Doesn't sounds good..

romi79_2008

I`ll be buying only the sculpting products, probably 2 of them. The pressed pigments look way to glittery, more like pressed glitter than pigment

MRV

Did you try to crush & blend them out? I found this works well for me. What brush did you use?
I just did a quick eye today (was not planning to try them (the cream also) out but did after all). I used 239 I think. I did work them "in" and "out" and also put some e/s over (Saffron). That did not really change the look, made it just a bit darker. Next time I try to put less product first and then add if necessary.

Mac-Guy

I just did a quick eye today (was not planning to try them (the cream also) out but did after all). I used 239 I think. I did work them "in" and "out" and also put some e/s over (Saffron). That did not really change the look, made it just a bit darker. Next time I try to put less product first and then add if necessary.
If you have a stiffer brush, I would try that too. The 239 seem is too soft to crush any glitter. I also recommend that you swipe the brush on the back of your hand to avoid excess product. Once you have it on your lid, it will be so much harder to crush - unless you want to poke your eyeballs. I hope this helps.

PS: I tried W10, NW20, and NW55 in combination with Museum Bronze (my favorite piggie). Brushes used: 214, 259 (lower lash line); 228 (tear duct); 249, 235 (crushing and appyling); 223 (blending - the synthetic long bristles work like a charm on those piggies); 219 (outer V). Love it!

Prettypackages

If you have a stiffer brush, I would try that too. The 239 seem is too soft to crush any glitter. I also recommend that you swipe the brush on the back of your hand to avoid excess product. Once you have it on your lid, it will be so much harder to crush - unless you want to poke your eyeballs. I hope this helps.

PS: I tried W10, NW20, and NW55 in combination with Museum Bronze (my favorite piggie). Brushes used: 214, 259 (lower lash line); 228 (tear duct); 249, 235 (crushing and appyling); 223 (blending - the synthetic long bristles work like a charm on those piggies); 219 (outer V). Love it!
are the majority of these discontinued? It might be helpful to post that or other brushes that might work!

MRV

I have 228, 249, 235 and 219. I can work with them. (I don't put any e/s, liner or mascara on lower lid so it does not matter that I don't have 214 or 259). For blending I could use 286. It's the only (half) synthetic I have. Thanks for the tips!

I have neglegted my piggies 100% this summer. Have to get them in rotation somehow.

Mac-Guy

are the majority of these discontinued? It might be helpful to post that or other brushes that might work!
There is no doubt that there are other MAC brushes or tools from other brands that work equally well. I just posted what works well for me. :)

Mac-Guy

I have 228, 249, 235 and 219. I can work with them. (I don't put any e/s, liner or mascara on lower lid so it does not matter that I don't have 214 or 259). For blending I could use 286. It's the only (half) synthetic I have. Thanks for the tips!

I have neglegted my piggies 100% this summer. Have to get them in rotation somehow.
Try the 249 for crushing first. I hope you can make it work :)

Latest posts