MAC - Fall Trend Bags 2008 Discussion

amber_j

Re: Fall Trend Bags 2008 Discussion

These sound great! Hopefully one will be the right size and finish to double up as a clutch for nights out.

Sanayhs

My silly logic starts talking to me when it comes to MAC bags, telling me that they're just too expensive for what they are, since I can find cute non-MAC bags for a whole lot cheaper. My wallet hopes I continue to maintain this stance (even though there have definitely been some fun MAC bags!).

Anyone else lurking with the same thoughts?

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
My silly logic starts talking to me when it comes to MAC bags, telling me that they're just too expensive for what they are, since I can find cute non-MAC bags for a whole lot cheaper. My wallet hopes I continue to maintain this stance (even though there have definitely been some fun MAC bags!).

Agreed, I have so many cute gwp bags from lancome, ysl etc that I got for free and that are just as cute. The only appealing thing would be the cherry colors but in reality the bag wouldn't get all that much love from me

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I am hoping for some CoC colours... blood red, bright red, or something almost black.

thmbup.gif
Wow, you hit the nail on the head!

Yeah, red bags sound nice; I'm glad MAC picked colors that match the Holiday collection. I hope they are made out of that crinkled material they used last year(?), I didn't buy them and have regretted it ever since.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
thmbup.gif
Wow, you hit the nail on the head!

Yeah, red bags sound nice; I'm glad MAC picked colors that match the Holiday collection. I hope they are made out of that crinkled material they used last year(?), I didn't buy them and have regretted it ever since.

they don't match the holiday collection, they match the CoC collection. and they're gonna be quilted, not crinkled. they're fall trend bags, not winter trend bags.

GoldenGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs

***raises hand***

Someone above mentioned being able to use the bag maybe as a clutch for a night out. That's the only way I'd purchase it if it was a versatile bag. Other than that, what I put my makeup in doesn't matter much to me. I can get something from walmart and be happy.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
I am looking forward to the pictures!!
smiles.gif

Me too! I can't wait to see pics
yahoo.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGirl
***raises hand***

Someone above mentioned being able to use the bag maybe as a clutch for a night out. That's the only way I'd purchase it if it was a versatile bag. Other than that, what I put my makeup in doesn't matter much to me. I can get something from walmart and be happy.

Hurray, logic! Actually, unless my makeup is travelling around, I don't like having it in bags. It lives in drawers! For bags, I have some old Clinique GWP super bright orange ones that I adore.

clwkerric

I always use my large soft sac bag... I really like it but I'm always searching for the "next best thing". Since I always run late to work my makeup application is always in the car! so, I always have my "main picks" and I shove 2 of my 6 palettes in there. I would love a new bag... but only if it is better than my softsac.
I can't wait to see pics too. In my mind its beautiful.... lol.

ClaireAvril

ok I think I am ready to buy a MAC cosmetic bag.. I never thought I would because I thought they are just too expensive.
Then I keep trying these inexpensive pieces of merde and they suck!

I want a black or dark coloured bag so when things explode in it.. which they usually do - at least it won't look like a hot mess.

C

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
ok I think I am ready to buy a MAC cosmetic bag.. I never thought I would because I thought they are just too expensive.
Then I keep trying these inexpensive pieces of merde and they suck!

I want a black or dark coloured bag so when things explode in it.. which they usually do - at least it won't look like a hot mess.

C

For anyone who doesn't know, "merde" is French for shit.
greengrin.gif

erine1881

hopefully these will at least tie, if not beat, with last fall's bags. i bought both the blue and dark grey set. those bags were bad ass!

clwkerric

^^^^I wanted to get them last year but I ended up not getting them for some reason. I really liked the look of them.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
^^^^I wanted to get them last year but I ended up not getting them for some reason. I really liked the look of them.

i just shed a little tear for you.
cry.gif
those were the best bags so far, and i'm sad that you missed em.
ssad.gif

panther27

Only a few short weeks til these are released yay.Can't wait to see pics of these,if these are as gorgeous as I imagine them to be....

emeraldjewels

I am so excited for these. I don't have any nice make up bags because I don't use them that often, but I want a small one to always keep the few essentials I take everywhere in my handbag. And maybe one to keep at work.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
hopefully these will at least tie, if not beat, with last fall's bags. i bought both the blue and dark grey set. those bags were bad ass!

Seriously!!! I loooooved those bags!!! I got the white and blue, as well as the big bag. Omg they're so hot. I love the material. It's so thin but soo durable!!