MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

mac_aiken

Hi, my name is April and
mac_addict.gif
LOL

Totally caved and went back for Blue India polish. I am so glad I did. It is unique from the gazillions of other colors I have and the formula does seem better this time. I got the last one at my counter. Right now my favorite counter is sold out of Blooming Lovely, Blue India and both BPs.

I skipped Bough Grey but do need some grays in my palette. I have Electra and that is it. Can someone make some recs on perm line grays and silvers that might work for me?

shontay07108

But it kinda sucks that I have so many Nars blushes that I barely touch now. I guess it's good to have for those days when I may choose to skip shadow or decide I want to do a full face, but I have to shake my head when I open my drawer and see all of them. They must be so lonely b/c I showed them so much love in the beginning. LOL

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Hi, my name is April and
mac_addict.gif
LOL

Totally caved and went back for Blue India polish. I am so glad I did. It is unique from the gazillions of other colors I have and the formula does seem better this time. I got the last one at my counter. Right now my favorite counter is sold out of Blooming Lovely, Blue India and both BPs.

I skipped Bough Grey but do need some grays in my palette. I have Electra and that is it. Can someone make some recs on perm line grays and silvers that might work for me?

you need silver ring! it's a dark silver grey which is great teamed with purples or even blacks like black tied for a sexy smokey look!

shontay07108

Quote:
Hi, my name is April and
mac_addict.gif
LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Knight Divine. KD and Electra are the only silver/grey shades I have from the perm line.

Susanne

Silver Ring is one of my fave e/s from the perm line!! Love to wear smokey eyes with a teal color and Silver Ring.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Silver Ring is one of my fave e/s from the perm line!! Love to wear smokey eyes with a teal color and Silver Ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you need silver ring! it's a dark silver grey which is great teamed with purples or even blacks like black tied for a sexy smokey look!

*adds Silver Ring to bag*
mac_haul.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Hi, my name is April and
mac_addict.gif
LOL

lol.gif

Electra - thats one of the ones that I have, but I couldn't think of the name. Knight, Knight Divine, Arctic Grey, Smut, Print , Scene, Silver Ring - palettes, mineral es & a bunch of BB - Fog by Bobbi Brown is my all time favorite grey ever.

macaddict83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMakeup
I am so getting Shell Pearl today!! I asked a MA to hold it for me today
smiles.gif
) My mac counter close to my home was sold out. The MA said one lady bought 16 of them for her bridal party.....that was nice but unfair to the rest of us that wanted it...WHAAA WHAAA

Uhhhh, I thought there was a limit. I know the CCO has one....MAC in general is four, no? So what, they let her do four different transactions? That would not have flown in the three f/s stores I frequent.

Also, who has 16 women in their bridal party anymore??? Hmmmm.

Glad you were able to get it!

Susanne

I can't wait to wear Birds & Berries and Bough Grey together with Blue India on my nails
th_DANCE.gif

I just bought the perfect new shirt for these colours
winks.gif

Shypo

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Knight Divine. KD and Electra are the only silver/grey shades I have from the perm line.

Quote:

I have to say a big 'me too' for all of the above! Electra is my staple, KD and Silver Ring are absolute must-haves! I like to pair them with Smoke Signal or Revved Up pigments (not to throw any limited edition things in there, but seriously, there's so much you can do with these fab 3!!!)
yes.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
I can't wait to wear Birds & Berries and Bough Grey together with Blue India on my nails
th_DANCE.gif

I just bought the perfect new shirt for these colours
winks.gif

I love bough grey. I wore it the other day with ricepaper. I have yet to wear Strike A Pose but I must now that I have BG. I'm wearing Blue India now and I love it so much. I stare at my hands sometimes. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Fog by Bobbi Brown is my all time favorite grey ever.

A while back I swatched a grey BB shadow and it took my breath away. I think it was fog! I've been meaning to go back to Nordstroms and get a few BB shadows. And another addiction will start.
th_LMAO.gif

Shypo

Quote:
I love bough grey. I wore it the other day with ricepaper. I have yet to wear Strike A Pose but I must now that I have BG. I'm wearing Blue India now and I love it so much. I stare at my hands sometimes. LOL

A while back I swatched a silver BB shadow and it took my breath away. I think it was fog! I've been meaning to go back to Nordstroms and get a few BB shadows. And another addiction witll start.
th_LMAO.gif

Now I'm going to be wanting Fog too......yikes.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
I just got Silver Ring, but I need one that is darker.
Would Knight Divine do?

I believe Knight Divine is definitely darker. Regardless, it's drool worthy, so you should check it out.
choochoo.gif

macaddict83

Thursday morning I hauled myself to get my GMLOL haul! This is the first time DH is not home since then so I can post about my goodies without *getting in trouble*.
cutey.gif

mac_haul.gif

Tuesday night, I said hmmmmmm and bit the bullet and bought a medium cosmetic case. Then I saw some of you said it was not the best quality. Saw one on Wednesday night, said thank goodness I got one from mac.com.
tong.gif

Blue India n/p.....does look like a very unique color and thanks to those who swatched it. (Have not tried it as nails are green for St. Patty's)

Bough Grey e/s.....very lovely on my pinky peach skin.
Free to Be e/s.........another coral to add to the collection

Did not get GMLOL e/s because like others have said, it appears chalky- basically the big disappointment from the collection.

Shell Pearl............why I missed out on this the first time around, IDK.
Prim & Proper...........love how it goes on so smooth.

English Accents l/g.........it just looks yummy on and its a nice rich color as opposed to the other l/g's I wear which are mostly sheer.

Might end up getting Birds and Berries...not much of a blue/teal girl, but it seems to go nicely with Bough Grey. (BTW- Anyone tried Delft under both of these? How does it look? What is a good e/l recommendation? Thanks!!)

Now I am officially done hauling until sometime in the summer. Or maybe until fall. I'll pick up bits and pieces here and there though. But Spring Forecast and this one have done my wallet in!

macaddict83

Quote:
A while back I swatched a grey BB shadow and it took my breath away. I think it was fog! I've been meaning to go back to Nordstroms and get a few BB shadows. And another addiction will start.
th_LMAO.gif

How is this different than silver fog pigment?

obscuria

So last night some drunk guy accidentally paid my tab at dinner. I'm thinking of taking the money I would have spent at dinner and getting some of the lippies.

Horray for drunk people!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
So last night some drunk guy accidentally paid my tab at dinner. I'm thinking of taking the money I would have spent at dinner and getting some of the lippies.

Horray for drunk people!

oh dear! his loss i guess.... definately a good reason not to drink too much!

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria

Horray for drunk people!

Why does that never happen to me
th_dunno.gif
greengrin.gif

obscuria

Quote:
oh dear! his loss i guess.... definately a good reason not to drink too much!

I know, seriously. But it will be a very sobering $150 dollar charge on his credit card since he paid for dinner for four.