MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

BEEaboutmakeup

I wish Heavenly Creature was coming out during the same time as HS so I could buy everything at once. I keep going back and forth on if I should add Red Racer and FF blush to my list. Most likely I won't. I'm currently trying to find something in my collection that is similar to Feeling Fresh e/s so I can take it off! haha... that'll only leave me with Orange Tempera and Riviera Life l/g's and Emerald Sea eye pencil... I KNOW I'm getting those 3 for a fact. Feeling Fresh looks nothing like Kush. Not even close. Feeling Fresh reminds me of a grassy/bright/kelly green.

peachsuns

West Coast I'll be happy with the Lakers or Clippers going all the way. So proud of the Clippers making history last night! That game was awesome!!

I feel bad for the Bulls fans though with Derrick Rose tearing his ACL...
I feel same way. I wish him a speedy recovery…

duckrodeo

^Yes, I agree. Kush seems more like a blueish green. UD's Homegrown seems closer to Feeling Fresh. I'm not sure if Homegrown was ever released outside of Book of Shadows 2.

BEEaboutmakeup

^Yes, I agree. Kush seems more like a blueish green. UD's Homegrown seems closer to Feeling Fresh. I'm not sure if Homegrown was ever released outside of Book of Shadows 2.

I looked through my collection some more and Feeling Fresh kinda looks like MAC's Fresh Flare e/s!!! .... I thought about my NARS duo in Misfit but the green shade in Misfit is a jewel-toned green and FF is a grassy/kelly green..

BEEaboutmakeup

MAC's Fresh Flare eyeshadow is a TAD darker than Feeling Fresh. They're both definitely in the grassy/kelly green family.. I've collected all of Urban Decay's single eyeshadows and even though they have many green shades, none are comparable to Feeling Fresh. It seems that difference between Fresh Flare and Feeling Fresh is that Fresh Flare has a slight sheen to it and is a tad darker, while Feeling Fresh has more of a frosty shimmer to it and is a tad lighter... Hmm..... My list Hey Sailor list went from 4 products to 3. haha.

Icecaramellatte

MAC's Fresh Flare eyeshadow is a TAD darker than Feeling Fresh. They're both definitely in the grassy/kelly green family.. I've collected all of Urban Decay's single eyeshadows and even though they have many green shades, none are comparable to Feeling Fresh. It seems that difference between Fresh Flare and Feeling Fresh is that Fresh Flare has a slight sheen to it and is a tad darker, while Feeling Fresh has more of a frosty shimmer to it and is a tad lighter... Hmm..... My list Hey Sailor list went from 4 products to 3. haha.
I was wondering about this. I would love to see side by side swatches of Fresh Flare and Feeling Fresh. Hopefully, someone will post some. I had no idea the collection was coming out so late in the month.

Shellcat

Interesting! Thanks for checking them out. Fresh Flare is on my list to pick up. So I may skip Feeling Fresh!

OhSoJaded

West Coast I'll be happy with the Lakers or Clippers going all the way. So proud of the Clippers making history last night! That game was awesome!!

I feel bad for the Bulls fans though with Derrick Rose tearing his ACL...
I'm all Lakers, all the way. Live, breathe, die purple and gold! Since only one team can win it all, I can't support the Clippers unless they somehow make it past the Lakers. And I feel horrible for D.Rose and can't believe the coach kept him in!!!

Since LA looks like a true peach, I'm putting it back on my list.

Shellcat

I am scratching more of my initial list since swatches...more than any collection ever. WTH? I MUST be sick. LOL!

Lipstick

TO CATCH A SAILOR - Highly frosted tan (frost)
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)

Lipglass

CUT LOOSE - White gold with pearl
ORANGE TEMPERA - Pale peach (repromote)
BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral

Eyeshadow

BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl)
JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost)
FEELING FRESH - Bright green (frost) <-------- FINALLY GOING TO PICK UP FRESH FLARE INSTEAD
NAUTICAL - Navy Blue (satin) <------MAYBE

Powerpoint Eye Pencil

HANDFORGED - Metallic yellow gold (repromote)
EMERALD SEA - Kelly green
BLUE STRIPE - Dark navy
<--------MAYBE

Bronzing Powder

SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl <-------Maybe
Refined Golden- Hit pan on my current one about a week ago....might as well get a new one with this packaging :)

Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder

Sun Dipped <-------Maybe

High-Light Powder

CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer Not too impressed by the highlight powder anymore

Powder Blush

LAUNCH AWAY! - True peach (satin)
FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)
<----- DEFINITELY

Gone Sailing Tote <----Maybe

167SH brush for sure

BEEaboutmakeup

I was wondering about this. I would love to see side by side swatches of Fresh Flare and Feeling Fresh. Hopefully, someone will post some. I had no idea the collection was coming out so late in the month.

I would like to see it as well! Those two eye shadows are dangerously close.

BEEaboutmakeup

Interesting! Thanks for checking them out. Fresh Flare is on my list to pick up. So I may skip Feeling Fresh!

I can tell you now that you are going to enjoy Fresh Flare! I have 5 of the 16 Pro Longwear eyeshadows (including Fresh Flare) and they are a joy to have. MAC NAILED the formula on those. I actually like them better than their regular eyeshadow line. hehe

aradhana

FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)<----- DEFINITELY
Gone Sailing Tote <----Maybe

167SH brush for sure
wow you really knocked a fair bit off your list!!

i'm definite on fleet fast, the brush and jaunty...i'm still uncertain about the bronzers...does anyone know what the difference is between the pro bronzers and the regular, and if they're a good thing?
and i guess i'm less keen on crew, too...at the beginning i only had crew and the brush on list!
i dunno if i can wait three weeks till the collection arrives here...!

BEEaboutmakeup

From looking at the swatches online, I like Fresh Flare much better.

Yes girl, totally agree with you. I have zero complaints about the pro longwear eyeshadow formula. Definitely pick up a couple of them. I have:

Styledriven
Fresh Flare
Hot Paprika
Weathered
Sunny Outlook

Shellcat

Yes, I have 8 of them and LOVE the texture! Super easy to blend!

It's funny, because I try to order one each time I go into MAC for something, and Fresh Flare was the next one on my list!!! LOL! So yep, I scratched Feeling Fresh off my Hey, Sailor! list.

I can tell you now that you are going to enjoy Fresh Flare! I have 5 of the 16 Pro Longwear eyeshadows (including Fresh Flare) and they are a joy to have. MAC NAILED the formula on those. I actually like them better than their regular eyeshadow line. hehe

Genn

Crew has been knocked off my list and Handforged is on. My list has grown a little but it hasnt changed to much.

Shellcat

Yes I did! LOL!!

I am feelin' Heavenly Creature more than this collection.

My FOR SURE buys are:

167 brush
Fleet Fast
Jaunty
Barefoot
To Catch A Sailor l/s
Blessedly Rich l/g
Refined Golden and one of the Pro Longwear powders

wow you really knocked a fair bit off your list!!

i'm definite on fleet fast, the brush and jaunty...i'm still uncertain about the bronzers...does anyone know what the difference is between the pro bronzers and the regular, and if they're a good thing?
and i guess i'm less keen on crew, too...at the beginning i only had crew and the brush on list!
i dunno if i can wait three weeks till the collection arrives here...!

Shellcat

And BTW, BEE...

You are GORGEOUS! I love your profile pic. You are stunning!

Yes girl, totally agree with you. I have zero complaints about the pro longwear eyeshadow formula. Definitely pick up a couple of them. I have:
Styledriven
Fresh Flare
Hot Paprika
Weathered
Sunny Outlook

BEEaboutmakeup

Yes I did! LOL!!

I am feelin' Heavenly Creature more than this collection.

My FOR SURE buys are:

167 brush
Fleet Fast
Jaunty
Barefoot
To Catch A Sailor l/s
Blessedly Rich l/g
Refined Golden and one of the Pro Longwear powders

My for sure buys are:
Orange Tempera l/g
Riviera Life l/g
Emerald Sea e/p

The summer collections aren't hitting it like they used to... this is good anyway, because I want all 5 cremesheen glasses from the Heavenly Creature collection.