MAC - Holiday 09: Magic, Mirth and Mischief (Holiday Sets Part I) Discussion

MAC_Whore

We've got the info for MAC's holiday 09 palettes:http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...v-09-a-145777/

MMMKits2.jpg

MMMKits3.jpg

MMMKits4.jpg

What do you think?

purrtykitty

I loooove the look of the sets. If the shadows in the Sorceress and Smoke and Mirrors palettes are decent, I may make my first holiday palette purchase. Bring on the swatches!!

MzzRach

I like what I see of the packaging so far - very fun and totally different from last year's "big red gem" compacts.

xKiKix

i think i might buy an eye palette or two, the face and lip kit doesnt really call out to me at all. very interesting packaging.

Kayraphat

Smokey e/s palette
heart.gif
:

Quote:
6 Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadows ($36.00 U.S.)
-Fire in Her Eyes
Frost neutral beige (Limited Edition)
-Black Magique Black with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
-Deception Frosty golden brown (Limited Edition)
-Spell No. 9 Soft muted pink beige (Limited Edition)
-Wide-eyed Wonder Mid-tone frosty grey taupe (Limited Edition)
-(Missing one shadow here)

Sophia84

Awwwwww CANNOT wait for the warm e/s palette!!! It's the 1st time after all these years I'm into Mac that a holiday e/s palette actually caught my eye!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Winthrop44

I love the packaging but color-wise what really appeals to me is the Heavenly Dish Neutral Lip Kit and I don't do lip palettes. Arghhhh Maybe I'll get the Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadow Palette.

MzzRach

If the 2009 Warm Eyes is as delicious as the 2008 Warm Eyes, I may get it. I adore the Warm Eyes palette from last year, it is amazing.

anita22

This is so my favourite time of year - when the Xmas palettes are unveiled!! But now I have to spend the next 3-4 months pining for them... boo.

I think they look awesome this year - I especially love the look of the bronze face kit (why, only this morning I was wishing I could have a palette with a bronzer, blush and highlighter!). Sunbasque blush has been on my lemmings list for ages, so I'm super excited for this
smiles.gif

The Sorceress eye palette (purples) sounds perfect for me, just the kinds of colours I wear day-to-day. I will have to see a pic of the Smokey palette before I can make up my mind on that one though.

Susanne

I love the packaging!! <3 And the idea of the face kits is great!

I definitely want Hocus Focusface kit!

th_sign_woot.gif

breezybabe89

i love the packaging and i love the descriptions of the shadows so far, but something about the square shape of the shadow turns me off
shrugs.gif

omgitzstephanie

media_holiday09001.jpg

That picture of the packaging is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to see a close up of the packaging for the palettes. But I've never bought a MAC palette before and I'm not sure I want to spend the money on something I might not use ..

satin_yogurt

ooops i posted in the wrong thread...
i'll just quote myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by satin_yogurt
anyone else thinking the palettes have a LIGHT? i mean like... elctric light??? looks like there's a little button on the side of the palettes (look at the big temptalia picture)

themaczealot

I love the packaging but I dont think it fits the name or spirit of
the collection what so ever
th_confused_new.gif
It looks more like pop art than
magic, mirth, and Mischief
th_dunno.gif
I wasn't really a fan of the '08
adoring carmine palette packaging and their gaudy fake jewel.
I much prefer the layout of the eyeshadows in these new palettes!

I would love to get one of each but that will depend on what the
"eyebag" thing is like and what the pigment set colours are...

Latest posts