MAC in Belguim ???

elspriem

just wanted to let you all know that Stylistics is available in Antwerp now.
However, they did not get the perfume (yet)... they were kinda clueless as to whether or not it would be coming in at all.
I passed on the collection myself as I found it way too expensive... 57€ for the powder compact+ refill, 27,50€ for the sparkley powders, I didn't bother to ask about the prices for the lippies & glosses, sorry

bartp

I was in the Antwerp store last week, and I asked the same question about the Stylistics fragrance. They told me it was cancelled... very disappointed of course, because it seemed to be the most eye-catching product from the Stylistics collection.... maybe there's still hope if there's some confusion :) I hope they still get it, but judging from the delivery problems they had in the States we might miss out on it.

thanks for the heads up on Stylistics btw..

JustDivine

Ooh I went to Antwerp yesterday
smiles.gif

I didnt go last week as planned; too lazy to get out of bed!

But unbeknown to me, there was a train strike yesterday, so when I got to Gent station, I had to wait over an hour for a train to Antwerp. And my toes were so cold they were about to fall off!!

I wandered along, went in a few shops, but then I realised that it was past 3, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on MAC before it closed! So I bypassed all the rest of the shops, vowing to come back to them!

Got to MAC...busy, but bearable. I had a lovely freelancer helping me, really sweet. I didnt even go there to buy anything; just to look! But you know that never quite works out in MAC!

Im going to America in Feb so I was gonna wait till then to stock up on MAC, but I needed to buy something now, cos I just cant wait that long!

I spent ages in there...I mean, I dropped my MAC habit a couple of years back and have only bought foundation from there in the past year. So it was a new discovery journey for me...!

Stylistics was there, but nothing that interested me or would suit my skin tone.

I got lipsticks Viva Glam VI and Shitaki

I got a 4 pan palette and Antiqued, Bronze, Amber lights and Patina. My first palette! Im very happy with them.

I kept looking around, the MA was asking if I needed anything else, I told her that of course I don't "need anything"!! And she told me that "MAC is an addiction!!"

I also got Fix+ and Plum Foolery Blush.

I wasnt keen on the holiday sets, and the brush sets were scratchy! I'd rather have the full size ones....

I left there 117 euro poorer but so much happier! And I still haventdone my proper Christmas shopping!!

JustDivine

BTW, Antwerp is fab! The last time I went we didnt see that much (tourist coach tour) but the shops and the atmoshpehere is awesome!

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Ooh I went to Antwerp yesterday
smiles.gif

I didnt go last week as planned; too lazy to get out of bed!

But unbeknown to me, there was a train strike yesterday, so when I got to Gent station, I had to wait over an hour for a train to Antwerp. And my toes were so cold they were about to fall off!!

I wandered along, went in a few shops, but then I realised that it was past 3, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on MAC before it closed! So I bypassed all the rest of the shops, vowing to come back to them!

Got to MAC...busy, but bearable. I had a lovely freelancer helping me, really sweet. I didnt even go there to buy anything; just to look! But you know that never quite works out in MAC!

Im going to America in Feb so I was gonna wait till then to stock up on MAC, but I needed to buy something now, cos I just cant wait that long!

I spent ages in there...I mean, I dropped my MAC habit a couple of years back and have only bought foundation from there in the past year. So it was a new discovery journey for me...!

Stylistics was there, but nothing that interested me or would suit my skin tone.

I got lipsticks Viva Glam VI and Shitaki

I got a 4 pan palette and Antiqued, Bronze, Amber lights and Patina. My first palette! Im very happy with them.

I kept looking around, the MA was asking if I needed anything else, I told her that of course I don't "need anything"!! And she told me that "MAC is an addiction!!"

I also got Fix+ and Plum Foolery Blush.

I wasnt keen on the holiday sets, and the brush sets were scratchy! I'd rather have the full size ones....

I left there 117 euro poorer but so much happier! And I still haventdone my proper Christmas shopping!!

"of course I don't need anything...".... hehe, I like your sense of humor.

- waw, kicking the habit, and leaving with just 117 euro of stuff. I'm impressed. Also confused about how the hell we could kick the habit. After all the creative collections we had this year, and the holiday buzz, I thought MAC would give us a break. But no way, then you read about the collections they have planned, and we are on the edge of our seats again.

- btw, I was apprehensive about Stylistics too. I have the Mystery Powder (in Model Chic), and now I've used it, I realize it's not just a day to day powder. It's unbelievably sheer and comfortable and it gives a matte glow that is very natural. It was absolutely worth the gamble.

so, what was your secret when you were kicking the MAC habit :) ?

bartp

With all these nice comments about the MAC store in Antwerp, I got this crazy idea.

The store's one year anniversary in Antwerp is coming up. So how about this: are there any people in this thread interested in making an online birthday card to say congratulations and thanks for everything. I'm sure the staff will appreciate it.

What do you think? Crazy enough? :)
take care

Patricia

sorry to say this but need to get it off my chest:

it bugs me that i was the one that opened this thread ages ago and somebody changed the title from BELGIUM to Belguim
angry.gif

it's so annoying to find spelling mistakes in thread titles! specially in sticky ones...

elspriem

Re: MAC in Belgium ???

another update: MAC Antwerp has the Originals collection available now. Sculpt and Shape will be coming end of Jan, as will Of Beauty
smiles.gif

PS: I changed the titel back to the correct spelling of BelgIUm
winks.gif

edit: unfortunately it does not correct it in the sticky
ssad.gif

bartp

thanks for the update... time to go shopping :)
but regarding "of beauty", does that mean that the beauty powders (loose) will be available again? (I remember that they had the Of Beauty collection for one week during December, and that they disappeared from the shop because they got so few products ...I assume) .

elspriem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
thanks for the update... time to go shopping :)

you're very welcome... always happy to enable my fellow MAC-addicts
winks.gif

Quote:
but regarding "of beauty", does that mean that the beauty powders (loose) will be available again? (I remember that they had the Of Beauty collection for one week during December, and that they disappeared from the shop because they got so few products ...I assume) .

yes, they should be coming in again second half of January... I'll keep you updated ... they will notify me as soon as they get in and then I'll post here
smiles.gif

Pinko

Hello,

I was wondering when the N Collection is available in Antwerp?
There 2 gorgeous MSF's I would like to buy... I believe they called 'Light Flush' and 'Warmed'....

Thanks!
th_wink3.gif

bartp

hi ,
so far I haven't found any official "international" launch dates.
They just launched "the originals". They still have to launch the sculpting powders (this month). So , I assume that the N collection will either be for the last week of January of the first week of Febuary.

People from the US have been noticing changes to the launch dates. So at this moment it is still a bit of a guess. Usually they launch stuff in Antwerp the last Thursday of the month or the first Thursday of the month.

Elspriem usually has the gold medal on this forum or thread when it comes to letting us know when knew stuff is available.

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspriem
you're very welcome... always happy to enable my fellow MAC-addicts
winks.gif

thanks for helping to keep the addiction alive Els :)

yes, they should be coming in again second half of January... I'll keep you updated ... they will notify me as soon as they get in and then I'll post here
smiles.gif

Loose Beauty Powders, Metal-X and paint pots were the highlights of the year for me. Great to hear that they are coming back, and thanks for letting us know Els. Hope I can repay the favor one day. Take care.

elspriem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinko
Hello,

I was wondering when the N Collection is available in Antwerp?
There 2 gorgeous MSF's I would like to buy... I believe they called 'Light Flush' and 'Warmed'....

Thanks!
th_wink3.gif

well, unfortunately I have been told today that this collection will probably NOT come to us, nor anywhere in Europe
ssad.gif

However, they did not have definitive info yet so things might turn out ok for us after all *keeping fingers & toes crossed*

elspriem

Quote:
They still have to launch the sculpting powders (this month). So , I assume that the N collection will either be for the last week of January of the first week of Febuary.

Sculpt 'n Shape is out in Antwerp now! And so is the Authentics palette - which is really pretty actually. Unfortunately, they gave me bad news about the N collection (see my previous post) BOOO MAC!!!

Quote:
Elspriem usually has the gold medal on this forum or thread when it comes to letting us know when knew stuff is available.

thanks for the compliment *blushes* I am getting quite familiar with some of the regular MA's there... might (just might) have sth to do with the fact that I stop by there every other week or so
winks.gif

elspriem

Quote:
Loose Beauty Powders, Metal-X and paint pots were the highlights of the year for me.

well, for me last year was one highlight after another... firstly the opening of the store (at long last no more ordering products merely based on those dreadful online swatches but rather be able to play with testers
winks.gif
). I loved the Barbie & Flashtronic & Antiquitease collections (I'm a sucker for all things mineralized). I totally agree with you - those were some great additions to the line. Hopefully they'll bring back the Metal-X style shadows and make them part of the permanent line

Quote:
Great to hear that they are coming back, and thanks for letting us know Els. Hope I can repay the favor one day. Take care.

no problem & no need - maybe we can have a meeting of the Belgian Specktra members someday? Like for a major collection release

By the way, Antwerp will only go Pro after the store in Brussels is opened so still a bit of waiting for that

bartp

Quote:
well, unfortunately I have been told today that this collection will probably NOT come to us, nor anywhere in Europe
ssad.gif

However, they did not have definitive info yet so things might turn out ok for us after all *keeping fingers & toes crossed*

mm, that's disappointing news. When I read the launch date on M.A.C - Die Nude-Töne der N Collection mit zarter Blöße und doch bedeckend - Beauty News - COSMOTY.de I hoped we would be amongst the lucky ones to get it too. Let's hope for the best

bartp

Quote:
- maybe we can have a meeting of the Belgian Specktra members someday? Like for a major collection release

sounds like a great idea. Or a birthday card for the MA's first anniversary in Antwerp.

now which collection to choose ....mmm , I'm looking forward to the crazy funky kitsch of Heatherette. (no we don't need to go dressed up :) . The names of the summer collections have got me very excited too.

Super idea Elspriem. Count me in.

bartp

I'm in Berlin for a few days this week for work, I'll see if the Mac Pro store there, has any details about European releases. Just to make things even more confusing :)

Pinko

Quote:
ssad.gif

Hi,
I have called the MAC store in Antwerp last friday and they also give me the same bad news about the N Collection.
th_dunno.gif
Actually they didn't now for sure if this collection would came out in Europe. Probably only for Asia and US.
thmbdn.gif
So finally I did contact the Estee Lauder Company in Brussels and they told me that this N Collection will be launched in Antwerp early februari.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

As soon as I have more information about it, i'll place it here.
Take care...

Latest posts