MAC in Belguim ???

bartp

hi everyone,

i have the same good news from Berlin; just popped into the store today, and they confirmed that it would be available in Europe (even though they hadn't had the update or training about it yet). Looks like we will all be smiling with our nude lipsticks at the beginning of Febuary. They told me the new moisturizers will be out too,
and if anyone is interested in the pics of the Berlin store, I'll post them for you.

Mien

As there is no thread about MAC in the Netherlands, I thought I'd post this here 'cause Dutch MAC locations were mentioned serveral times.

Just wanted to let you all know that another MAC counter openend a few months back in Utrecht, NL. It's not a Bijenkorf counter but it's Douglass. I hope Douglass will be doing more counters, I'd die if a counter would be opened in the Hague, I'd pass it by every single day! Anyway, I'll be visiting the Douglass counter next week and ask about some release dates.

Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien
As there is no thread about MAC in the Netherlands, I thought I'd post this here 'cause Dutch MAC locations were mentioned serveral times.

Just wanted to let you all know that another MAC counter openend a few months back in Utrecht, NL. It's not a Bijenkorf counter but it's Douglass. I hope Douglass will be doing more counters, I'd die if a counter would be opened in the Hague, I'd pass it by every single day! Anyway, I'll be visiting the Douglass counter next week and ask about some release dates.

Great Mien !!

I'm so happy to find someone from The Netherlands in this thread !!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm belgian but I usually do my MAC shopping in the Netherlands (Bijenkorf in Maastricht) and it's really hard for me to have the release dates
ssad.gif

Where is " Utrecht " ?

Antwerpen is wayyyy to far for me
th_dunno.gif

Mien

Hey Jayne! Utrecht is located very central in NL. I don't know where you live in Belgium, but it may be a good alternative for you, or just for a shopping trip.

I went to the counter last weekend. It's location is great, when you arive at Utrecht central station you can walk directly from the stationhall into a mall: 'Hoog Catharijne'. There is a Douglass in HC, this isn't the one carying MAC.

You can choose to leave centrall station and walk outside to Douglass or walk through HC, there are multiple exits to Vredenburg, from wich you can see the store, across the street. Once you see the store you'll easily spot the black outfits and counter of your favourite brand, you'll do a little dance for joy and your bf will laugh at you
winks.gif

There's some differences between the Douglass and Bijenkorf counters:

-The arrangement of the cabinets/tables isn't as closed at Douglass as it is in De Bijenkorf: there's a corner shaped cabinet going from the wall to the window, and I believe 3, maybe 4, free standing cabinets in the space between the corner one, so you can easily walk past and trhough everything. In the Bijenkorf I never know where I am alowed to stand and where not.

-The douglass counter doens't have it's own check out. Once you've picked your products you'll get a basket and you can stop by the other counters/displays in the store and then pay for everything at once, you will receive your items in the plastic MAC bag, I also got some parfum samples with it.

I really love this counter and think I'll visit it more often than the Rotterdam one wich is a little closer to me. It wasn't near as crowed as that one always is. Plus I really liked the MA, she liked my MU and was intrested in what I was looking for and really did some great recommendations.

Also I've had several MA's at Rotterdam who didn't know a single thing about MAC and it's collections, even if they had the display for a collection standing in front of them, they said they didn't know what I was talking about... ahummm...

This MA was great, she showed me some Paintpots, and when I said I didn't wanna buy a lot of them since there were PP coming up for springtime. She was excited that I knew about them and when I mentioned I ment Faffi, she was like: 'Wow, you know your stuff!!'. Then later on I asked about the N-collection, but she didn't know a realease date yet, I said I wanted the MSF's and named them, she almost went crazy and got so excited she showed me a file with all upcomming collection pics in it. Although I'd already seen everything on here, it was very nice of her to show it to me, as she wasn't allowed to. Strangly, Ididn't see anything in it about the N-collection! Wich scares me, maybe it won't be released at counters?

According to the MA Fafi is to be released in March (sooner than I expected)

I asked if there's a special day collection become availible. (as in USA it's Thursday and UK it's first Thursday o/t month) But she didn't know about a specific day but mostly it's the beginning of the month.

I emailed MAC today asking if the N-collection will be availible at both store and counters. And to get a release date, I'll keep you posted!

Sorry this post turned out to be HUGE....

JustDivine

So is the Brussels store still on track for openingin Feb? Does anyone know a date?

Im moving to Brussels in March, so I need somewhere to go and play on a Saturday!!

JustDivine

Has anyone been to the MUFE store in Brussels?

Does anyone else find the lack of beauty brands in Brussels especially quite depressing? Is Belgium such a small market that it isn't worth companies branching out there?

It makes me appreciate being a Londoner!

Mien

Yesterday I was @ the counter in R'dam and asked about the releasedate of the N-collection. It'll be out around the 4th of februari. However I don't know it will be exactly monday the 4th.

tinkerbelle2001

That's right!! From a Belgium member of my Dutch make-up and beauty forum I received the news that the N/Naked collection will be available in Antwerpen next week!

And it's about time, 'cause the collection has been out in de USA for almost a month now! But I have to say it is beautiful, I am a neutral lover so thisis great for me!! I've bought almost the whole collection including all the e/s and Msf's and they so great!! Oh....and the paint pots are gorgeous too!!!

bartp

lot's of new stuff available in Antwerp guys:

- N collection color
- N collection face

but also big surprise

- slimshines
- moisturelush

have fun shopping,

Mien

I was planning on getting my N-stuff today, but I just got of the phone with Utrecht and they don't have th collection yet, they hope they'll get it next week.

Sometimes MAC is really pushing my buttons, why can't they be clear about release dates?!

Wondering if I'm should go to another counter or if I'm gonna wait till Utrecht gets this stuff....

ka-ron

the macstore in amsterdam has the N collection! everything except the 2 MSF's (light flush and warmed)

elspriem

be advised that those 2 MSF's are already sold out in Antwerp. They should be coming back in by the end of the week

DigitalFaery

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you knows when the new MACstore in Brussels will be open? Because Antwerp is pretty far for me and i'd rather spend the money on a MAC e/s than a trainticket
yes.gif

And this may be a little off-topic but where do you girls buy your MACstuff online?
Sorry if i ask to many questions
tong.gif

bartp

no questions are ever too much :)

I haven't heard of an official opening date yet. First it was February, now it seems to be a month longer. And judging from the way the opening in Antwerp was postponed... I'm just thinking they are waiting for the necessary paperwork to get started. I'll let you know if I hear anything next time that I'm in the shop.

elspriem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFaery
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you knows when the new MACstore in Brussels will be open?

I had the same info as Bart. So should be soon (hopefully). I do know that after the opening in Brussels, Antwerp will go Pro!

Quote:
where do you girls buy your MACstuff online?

Strawberry.net has a selection of MAC and delivers to Belgium. However, you may be hit with custom's charges when ordering from them tho. Well, they do reimburse them if you ask nicely.
Otherwise Ebay - tho I have heard of a lot of fakes lately so make sure you know your stuff before bidding!

Quote:
Sorry if i ask to many questions
tong.gif

no such thing exists as asking too many questions about our fave subject
winks.gif

tinkerbelle2001

I buy my Mac products online at the Mac onlineshop! I do have an USA shipping adress and that's essential as Mac doesn't ship outside the USA.

It takes about a week for my order to travel to my home in The Netherlands, so I have all the stuff a lot earlier then it becomes availible here!

Tomorrow I will receive my Fafi order!!! And this week I've also received all 8 beauty powder blushes & a big part of the fafi collection from a girl from Singapore:

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

NEnz

I live in Holland and I'm really excited about the Fafi for MAC collection!
But I was wondering: when it (finally!!!) comes out, is it better to go to the original MAC store in Amsterdam, or to one of the MAC counters like in De Bijenkorf or Douglas? Because I'm also planning on getting one of the dolls and the scarf and I'm not sure if every salespoint will be selling those.

tinkerbelle2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEnz
I live in Holland and I'm really excited about the Fafi for MAC collection!
But I was wondering: when it (finally!!!) comes out, is it better to go to the original MAC store in Amsterdam, or to one of the MAC counters like in De Bijenkorf or Douglas? Because I'm also planning on getting one of the dolls and the scarf and I'm not sure if every salespoint will be selling those.

I'm not sure if every counter will sell the dolls and scarf, just to be safe I would go to the Mac store at the Heiligenweg in Amsterdam.

But I think you have to be quick!!! But the dolls are very cute, I've received them today and they are great!!!
cutey.gif

Jayne

Any knews about the date of release for the Fafi collection in Benelux?

Maybe the 1st Thursday in march?

TIA

elspriem

I asked when I was in the store last Saturday and they weren't sure... their best guess was March 8 but could be a week later as well. Beauty powder blushes will be later in March, around the 22nd. And we'll have to wait for Viva Glam VI SE until April.
Soon as I have definite info (ie they call me when collections come in), I'll post it here
smiles.gif