MAC in Belguim ???

tinkerbelle2001

Fafi is out today in The Netherlands!!! Members of my forum went to the Amsterdam and Maastricht Bijenkorf and bought everything they liked!!
thmbup.gif

Also in the Amsterdam Bijenkorf the Beauty Powder blush collection and Strobe collection was out, which is very early since it isn't even out in the USA....
th_dunno.gif

So it's a good Mac day here in The Netherlands!!
yahoo.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Has anyone been to the MUFE store in Brussels?

Does anyone else find the lack of beauty brands in Brussels especially quite depressing? Is Belgium such a small market that it isn't worth companies branching out there?

It makes me appreciate being a Londoner!

Sorry so late for a reasponse but I have been to the MUFE in Brussels. They have alot of products and I think there is a beauty center on the second floor. I'm really not sure what is up there. I'm guessing they train up there? Anyways its okay. Small of course.

elspriem

Fafi is out in Antwerp as is Strobe. If you're after the dolls, I advise not to wait seeing as they have very limited stock available! I forgot to ask abt the scarf so no idea if they have it (same with the tote bag). However, they did pack my haul into a cute Fafi shopping bag.
smiles.gif

Beauty powder blushes will be in store later this month (will keep you all posted on that). Oh, and those of you still holding out hope for the loose bp to come back in, can give up - unfortunately they will not
ssad.gif

And before I forget a word of advise - if you get one of the Fafi paint pots, have them open it in store for you. I got 4 of them yesterday and had a hell of a time opening the lid on 3 of them. There have been complaints about that in the US but ours seem to have the same problem

Mien

I had an appointment @ Amsterdam tuesday for Fafi and was very surprised to see the Beauty Powder Blushes and aswell. They didn't VivaGlam VI SE yet. After my appointment in the store I also went by the Bijenkorf counter and I could not believe my eyes, they were selling the Fafi dolls!!! I went all the way to the FS instead of my regular counter because they were not to get the dolls... weird huh? Anyway I just spended 350,- mostly on Fafi, but I'm really loving the BPB's, I got 2 but I would buy them all if I could
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspriem
And before I forget a word of advise - if you get one of the Fafi paint pots, have them open it in store for you. I got 4 of them yesterday and had a hell of a time opening the lid on 3 of them. There have been complaints about that in the US but ours seem to have the same problem

When I checked out at the store they opend the pp's for me. 'My' MA asked the help of a male MA, but eventually this cute, little asian MA was the only one who managed to open them
lol.gif
Such a doll!! It's weird though, I don't recall having that problem opening Delft or Artifact...

bartp

hi everyone, I just read something about Heatherette only being available in Harrods. ... Sounds scary... if the distribution will be that selective, it has me wondering if they will launch Heatherette in Antwerp or Holland. Has anyone heard any gossip?? thanks :)

JustDivine

Its Selfridges actually, and there are just 2 in the UK! I don't know about European distribution though.....

Mien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
hi everyone, I just read something about Heatherette only being available in Harrods. ... Sounds scary... if the distribution will be that selective, it has me wondering if they will launch Heatherette in Antwerp or Holland. Has anyone heard any gossip?? thanks :)

That scared me too!! I'm really falling in love with the look of this collection, but I forgot to ask about it when visiting the MAC store last week, I'll try to give 'em a call this week. Fingers crossed!!

elspriem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien
When I checked out at the store they opend the pp's for me. 'My' MA asked the help of a male MA, but eventually this cute, little asian MA was the only one who managed to open them
lol.gif
Such a doll!! It's weird though, I don't recall having that problem opening Delft or Artifact...

apparently it is a problem that's specific for the fafi paint pots. it's been reported here as well as in the us

elspriem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp

I know for sure they're expecting the collection in Antwerp in April. Will keep you posted when I have an exact date

bartp

Fabulous news, thanks very much. In the store they were checking release dates a few weeks ago, and Heatherette wasn't on the list. All the other collections, even Naughty Nauticals were already on the list. Combine that with the news about the selective distribution in the UK, and it made me suspicious they would be skipping it in other countries too.

I look forward to it. It's real party makeup with a crazy twist... luv it :)

as for the paint pots, I had the same twisted wrist when I was opening Soft Ochre. I guess they want to prevent any form of drying.

Thanks Els, April is going to be a Hot Pink month, super.

elspriem

for those of you waiting for the opening in Brussels: I just read the following on femistyle

M.A.C. Cosmetics opent nieuwe winkel in Brussel
Het Canadese cosmeticabedrijf M.A.C. (Make-up Art Cosmetics) opent half april een nieuwe winkel in onze hoofdstad. Na Antwerpen is dit de tweede vestiging op Belgische bodem die een make-up paradijs opent met een professionele en degelijke ontvangst. Net als alle andere M.A.C. boetieks ter wereld zal ook deze winkel over een prive-make-up ruimte beschikken. Zo vinden er onder meer bruidsessies en make-up consultaties plaats. De visie van M.A.C. is duidelijk: wanneer een klant de boetiek binnenstapt, moeten alle zintuigen geprikkeld worden.

M.A.C. werd wereldwijd beroemd met professionele cosmetica, waarbij het merk steeds de nieuwste make-uptrends op de catwalk onthulde.

Vorig seizoen werkte M.A.C. mee aan 200 modeshows in steden als Milaan, New York, Londen en Parijs met ontwerpers als onder andere Roberto Cavalli, Emanuel Ungaro, Bottega Veneta en Veronique Branquinho.

De nieuwe winkel zal half april openen op de Charleroisesteenweg 9, 1000 Brussel.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspriem
for those of you waiting for the opening in Brussels: I just read the following on femistyle

M.A.C. Cosmetics opent nieuwe winkel in Brussel
Het Canadese cosmeticabedrijf M.A.C. (Make-up Art Cosmetics) opent half april een nieuwe winkel in onze hoofdstad. Na Antwerpen is dit de tweede vestiging op Belgische bodem die een make-up paradijs opent met een professionele en degelijke ontvangst. Net als alle andere M.A.C. boetieks ter wereld zal ook deze winkel over een prive-make-up ruimte beschikken. Zo vinden er onder meer bruidsessies en make-up consultaties plaats. De visie van M.A.C. is duidelijk: wanneer een klant de boetiek binnenstapt, moeten alle zintuigen geprikkeld worden.

M.A.C. werd wereldwijd beroemd met professionele cosmetica, waarbij het merk steeds de nieuwste make-uptrends op de catwalk onthulde.

Vorig seizoen werkte M.A.C. mee aan 200 modeshows in steden als Milaan, New York, Londen en Parijs met ontwerpers als onder andere Roberto Cavalli, Emanuel Ungaro, Bottega Veneta en Veronique Branquinho.

De nieuwe winkel zal half april openen op de Charleroisesteenweg 9, 1000 Brussel.

Can someone translate into english? Thanks.

JustDivine

It basically is a press article that MAC the Canadian Cosmetics Company is opening a shop in the capital, Brussels, meaning that you no longer have to go to Antwerp.
There will be a private room for bridal sessions and consultations/makeovers like other MAC stores.
(Skipping all the talk) the store will open mid April at 9, Chaussee de Charleroi

I went there today just to check, and indeed, the store is covered by a black board which says "MAC Coming Soon" so I am now genuinely excited. Looks like quite a small shop though, and you know its gonnna be VERY busy because its at Louise, and well, its the only one in Brussels!

thelove4tequila

^^^^ Thank you sooo much! I'm super excited now because Brussels is much closer to me than Antwerp! So only a few more weeks if it indeed opens in April AND on time! Sooooooo excited!

thelove4tequila

It true ladies!!!! MAC is indeed coming to Brussels.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
I just had to see it for myself so yesterday I went to take a look.
thmbup.gif

P3198117.jpg

P3198118.jpg

I wish it was alittle closer to the Grand Place area but beggers can't be choosers!

bartp

hi, Heatherette and Dress camp should be available at the end of this week. ( April 4). Maccosmetics.co.uk already has the Euristocrats online, and I believe the Euristocrats lipsticks will follow shortly after Heatherette. (btw, I already tried Saint Germain and it's a wonderful opaque soft pink, I' must not sure how similar it is to Melrose Mood from Heatherette)

medvssa

ooh, danger! I live very close to Brussels!

And I must get Barcelona Red and Ramblas Red because I am from Barcelona
greengrin.gif
(any excuse is good for more red lipsticks, haha)

Latest posts