MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

janineios

thanks janineios! i cropped and re uploaded it so people can see it easier without having to click...  (from mirokhairallah on instagram) well i know for sure double definition is on the bottom left but with the filter on instagram im not too sure which are the other two .  i think i will be skipping these tho
Of course! Good idea cropping. I always get lazy with those types of things. Lol

Mac-Guy

Zestful - Pale iridescent lime
Extra Silver - True silver
Dimensional Blue - Frosty blue
Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments
Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
Smoky Mauve - Mid-tone mauve

Fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuk the Archie collex, b/c this is going to be Team 6 for me
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
LOL

Audrey C

I'm going to be skipping the EDSF because I prefer a more subtle glow. I recently bought Dior Amber Diamond and love it. I'm also loving Benefit's Watt's Up; it has a lit from within glow that's very office friendly. With my few MSF, Nars Albatross and Nico and the Dior and Benefit products I think I need to stop! (After Shell Pearl). ;)

iATEaSEAmonster

After seeing the pictures, I probably won't get anything from this collection unless it looks fantastic on me, considering I'm already getting a few pearlmattes and other facial powders this season. Definitely would have to test it out to see if I need it.

liba

First time around i got Superb EDSF and 2 ED e/s - Blue Orbit and Modern Pewter - i wanted a couple others but i was exerting self control.

Second time around - Glamour Daze - i got Whisper of Gilt EDSF and six ED e/s - not exerting self control. I generally skip very dark e/s colors, but i did get Tall Dark and Handsome and it's the only one i haven't used yet. Just not feeling too dramatic the past couple months.

THIS time, well, it remains to be seen, but i think it will be a small haul again. So far my list is:

EDSF - Double Definition - Soft shimmery gold / Patina bronze - unless this is too much like WoG

ED E/s - Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments
----- Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
----- Smoky Mauve - Mid-tone mauve - i suspect it will be too dark for me, and a skip, but i have to see it.

Silvers - i've skipped all silvery/steely ED e/s - and light cold blue are not colors i wear much. I like lime green, but i have some - not this formula, of course.

ED Blush - possibly Bareness - Rosy beige pink - or maybe not...

Most of the blush colors are not for me, since i only wear blush when i do a full face (primer, color correcter, concealer, foundation, powder) because of my rosacea. It's not terrible. I go out without foundation most of the time, just a dusting of MSFN. But i can't wear blush along with bare, very red cheeks.
The first time around, I was pretty liberal about buying everything that looked good on me. I got all 3 EDSFs and 5 EDES: Blue Orbit, Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Rich Core and Dark Dare. Later on, I BU'ed Dark Dare, because I honestly can't imagine a better black eye shadow.

For Glamour Daze, I just felt like most of the shadow colors were similar to ones from the original collection or close dupes to other MES or Electric Cools or Crushed Metals I had, plus I wasn't so thrilled with the small size. I only bought Ready to Party, though there were a couple others I definitely liked. I knew I was going to be dropping major $ for Strength and Apres Chic and I honestly don't have skipper's remorse at all.

I'm really pleased the EDES are coming back full-sized and that we're getting brand new EDSFs. As much as I love the ones I have, I'd rather buy new colors than BU ones I already own, considering I use them lightly and am not going to be hitting pan any time soon.

This time out, it's definitely going to be all the EDSFs again, Zestful and Triple Impact for sure, Opalesse if it's not too much like Young Venus or RtP, Smokey Mauve if it's not too close to Grand Galaxy or Rich Core and a few blushes (the verdict is out on how many until I see the colors and texture. If they're great, I will get all that are flattering. If the texture isn't much different than MBs, I'll just get colors I don't already own). I don't deny myself much with Extra Dimension - they really are awesome for my skin needs!

erine1881

thanks janineios! i cropped and re uploaded it so people can see it easier without having to click...  (from mirokhairallah on instagram) well i know for sure double definition is on the bottom left but with the filter on instagram im not too sure which are the other two .  i think i will be skipping these tho
Top right is Definitely Defined Bottom left is Double Definition Bottom middle is Shape the Future.

liba

The EDSF look too bronzey for me to try them. More for other folks I guess. It could be the lighting on that picture but I think these will be a skip--which is good because the eye colors sound really pretty.
It's the picture - look at how washed out the Archies pearlmattes look.

Lisianthus

The beauty of an EDSF duo is that you can mix the colors together if one side is too dark. Makes them more versatile. I do like that they kept the imprinted wave design on these.

Icecaramellatte

So exciting to see some pics. I think I'm getting all the EDSFs. You'd think I would have overdosed on highlighters by now. But I keep finding new ones to like.

KiKi Kontour

what a great idea for the "backup" box!!! i'll be starting mine wit heroine lol. im gonna have to try these EDES at the counter to be convinced to grab one...or 2. the only ED i have is Superb, WoG is too light for me!! uggggh i cant OD off mac in April...i just caaaaant
holysheep.gif

martiangurll

i still think I can skip the edsf. I rarely use what I have.
I realize as I type this is going to be an enabling statement, but perhaps we aren't using them much ATM is because of Winter and the paleness? I think I will break them out more when I get a bit of tan going.