MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

liba

You just gave me an idea to layer a pearlmatte over an EDSF to try and soften the OMG SHIMMAH effect...I guess that is sort of the point though...
I realize as I type this is going to be an enabling statement, but perhaps we aren't using them much ATM is because of Winter and the paleness? I think I will break them out more when I get a bit of tan going.
I like more toned down sheen in the dead of winter. I've been using Light Year a lot lately, which was too flat looking for me when I had a tan and then there's Chez Chez Lame, which is still my go to winter highlighter.

I do bust out the WoG here and there for nights out, but 2012 wasn't the most party time winter I've had…..

Prettypackages

You just gave me an idea to layer a pearlmatte over an EDSF to try and soften the OMG SHIMMAH effect...I guess that is sort of the point though...
I realize as I type this is going to be an enabling statement, but perhaps we aren't using them much ATM is because of Winter and the paleness? I think I will break them out more when I get a bit of tan going.
Good Point. I've been in a makeup rut lately too.

I think I was afraid to use them at first b/c of breakouts... Then I never perfected my technique. the other thing is I usually rush to put on my makeup and grab what I know is going to work.

erine1881

suckers like me 8( I only bought two because I wanted a black one in the formula and a pale nude one. I probably would have purchased more shades if they were in the bigger size though.
It just doesn't make sense that they'd introduce the new product in large size, then make em small for holiday. And now they're back to the large size. Weird. :dunno:

bulbasaur359

It just doesn't make sense that they'd introduce the new product in large size, then make em small for holiday. And now they're back to the large size. Weird.
th_dunno.gif
Ya, I don't get it either. I missed out on the original ED release and didn't have enough at the time to add the edes to my GD hauls. I'm gonna try to get some with this collection and I do hope they are a better deal like the ones that originally came out.

MACerette

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
It just doesn't make sense that they'd introduce the new product in large size, then make em small for holiday. And now they're back to the large size. Weird. :dunno:
Maybe they noticed all the complaints about the smaller size in glamour daze? I was surprised too, but hey, who knows?

pocketmouse

Maybe they noticed all the complaints about the smaller size in glamour daze? I was surprised too, but hey, who knows?
I think they were smaller for the holidays because they were supposed to be "stocking stuffer" sized. That's why I skipped them actually, I figured they'd be coming out with more of the regular sized ones.

I can't wait for Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments & Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
eyelove.gif
I'm also curious about the blushes and EDSF, so far I've managed to skip the Extra Dimension products but I'm definitely going to be picking some up this time around!

Pinkdollface

It just doesn't make sense that they'd introduce the new product in large size, then make em small for holiday. And now they're back to the large size. Weird.
th_dunno.gif
I'm thinking they just cut them down for the holiday, because of the price increase for the special packaging. If they would have brought out big ones in special packaging they would have been a lot more expensive and maybe they were afraid that wouldn't sell well. I'm just guessing though.

2browneyes

I was thinking maybe they did small ones for the Holiday too so it fit in with the idea of minis like the sets. But what Erine said makes sense as well....it would be weird for MAC to make them big then small then big again. Then again, MAC has done stranger things LOL Guess we'll have to wait and see :)

nillafrost

I'm getting every skin finish, I missed out on superb and wof twice! I so angry, that's the price you pay when living in a crowded city full of fashionistas. This time around I'm going to be with my debit and iPad at hand, I will be ordering online, I'm glad they made some blushes I'm looking forward to flaming chic and blazing heat! Woot woot! :)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah
[snip]
THIS time, well, it remains to be seen, but i think it will be a small haul again. So far my list is:
EDSF - Double Definition - Soft shimmery gold / Patina bronze - unless this is too much like WoG

ED E/s - Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments
----- Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
----- Smoky Mauve - Mid-tone mauve - i suspect it will be too dark for me, and a skip, but i have to see it.

ED Blush - possibly Bareness - Rosy beige pink - or maybe not...
[snip]

Well, i think this is NOT going to be such a small haul after all (ooo, that rhymes :) now that i've seen the photos of those EDSF duos.

I think i need to add
Definitely Defined EDSF - Silvery pink / soft rose with shimmer
and
Zestful EDES - Pale iridescent lime

So now i'm considering 2 EDSFs, 3 or 4 EDES, and maybe one ED blush... at least that's less than Glamour Daze. Whew!

EDIT: oh, yeah, and at least one brush...

sss215

Just for us pale NW folks :heart2:
Yeah, it's all good until someone takes a photo with the flash on and then it's just no.
Quote: Cross-stitch patterns! Geeky ones :blush:
Love your shop! You're very creative! I used to cross stitch and I love the characters you used in your patterns. Nice!
I might have to hoard Opalesse and Triple Impact.
I'm thinking the same. I use my EDES under other shadows sometimes,these would be be good to have for that.
i kinda like the look of the one on the far right.but double definition looks like WOG/glorify
I love Glorify. I would like to see something similar

Mac-Guy

Some new information (which might be actually old news), but at least we get some issues confirmed. However, here it comes:

1. The Extra Dimension shadows are the big size, not like the small ones from Glamour Daze.

2. The Extra Dimension blushes are not metallic like the skinfinishes and eye shadows.

2browneyes

Some new information (which might be actually old news), but at least we get some issues confirmed. However, here it comes:

1. The Extra Dimension shadows are the big size, not like the small ones from Glamour Daze.

2. The Extra Dimension blushes are not metallic like the skinfinishes and eye shadows.
I am very happy to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the blushes....not I'm curious to learn just how they're different than regular blushes or mineralized ones

BuickMackane

1. Yay!

2. Double yay!
Looking forward to this collection...
pompom.gif