MAC in Hong Kong: Avaliable Collections, Release Dates, Locations

mandygrimreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
No sight of heatherette.
neo sci-fi and tendertones were side by side. though not the full collections.

i wonder if i'll be able to get plasma blu and a backup of pleasureseeker!!

mandygrimreaper

So I got my E-Z Baby and Honey Bare tendertones today!
th_DANCE.gif

wanted to get Hot n Saucy, Sweet and Nice and Sweet Tooth too but ah well... decided to get these 2 first because they sold out first in the states.

found out the following release dates!

Cool Heat: 4 July
Heatherette: 17 July (YESSSSS I'M STILL IN HK!!!!!!)
yahoo.gif

oddinary

YAY! I'm so glad Heatherette is finally coming out this month (because I've saved up $$ for this collection, haha)! How do you like the Tendertones, mandy? I've never tried them before, mainly 'cause they are pot glosses. I'm curious about the strawberry kiwi smell everyone is talking about though!

mandygrimreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
YAY! I'm so glad Heatherette is finally coming out this month (because I've saved up $$ for this collection, haha)! How do you like the Tendertones, mandy? I've never tried them before, mainly 'cause they are pot glosses. I'm curious about the strawberry kiwi smell everyone is talking about though!

MEEE TOOOOO!!!!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON ALPHA GIRL!!!!! i need to get backups of the lippies as well... the good thing about stuff coming out late here is we get to read all the reviews and see all the swatches and think about what we want to get without worrying about everything selling out...
smiles.gif

I LOVE THE TENDERTONES. HONESTLY YOU NEED TO GET AT LEAST ONE!!! they're more like lip balms, although if you layer it on it could be a gloss. the SPF is just a plus. i can't taste it unless i rub my lips together. i use it every morning and it just makes me feel better about waking up early LOL im such a loser. i use a lip brush because it's in a pot, it feels much more sanitary. they feel reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy good and smell aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmmeeeee!!!!!!!!!
i recommend getting pucker, it leaves a wonderful berry pink tint on your lips... i just can't rant enough about it!!!!! be careful though once you get one it won't be enough....
tong.gif

mandygrimreaper

by the way what do you plan on getting oddinary?
smiles.gif

i'm gonna get

Alpha Girl x 2 anyone knows how much they're gonna cost? $180?
Melrose Mood
Lollipop Loving
Fleshpot
Lola Devine

Was gonna get Trio 2 but i found one online, got Starlet Kiss as well
smiles.gif

i currently have melrose mood x 2, lollipop loving and sock hop. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oddinary

I'm off on holiday next week so I'll definitely go check out the Tendertones at the airport!
greengrin.gif
Yup, I think the beauty powders will be $180 as usual!
My haul has gotten smaller so I think:

Smooth Harmony (ha, I'm scared Alpha Girl is too light for me!)
Lollipop Loving
Sock Hop
Phone Me/Text Me Dual Edge Pencil
Nighthawk/Front Row Dual Edge Pencil

You're so lucky to already have Lollipop loving! I've been waiting to try the sock hop combo for ages! :p I only have the black/aqua dual edge liner!

mandygrimreaper

Quote:
I'm off on holiday next week so I'll definitely go check out the Tendertones at the airport!
greengrin.gif
Yup, I think the beauty powders will be $180 as usual!
My haul has gotten smaller so I think:

Smooth Harmony (ha, I'm scared Alpha Girl is too light for me!)
Lollipop Loving
Sock Hop
Phone Me/Text Me Dual Edge Pencil
Nighthawk/Front Row Dual Edge Pencil

You're so lucky to already have Lollipop loving! I've been waiting to try the sock hop combo for ages! :p I only have the black/aqua dual edge liner!

lucky lucky you! maybe you'll see heatherette too!!
could you please help me see if neo sci-fi is sold out there? i'd really like to try out plasma blu!

ooooh lollipop loving and sock hop are BEAUTIFUL. definitely the most wearable out of the whole collection imo. lollipop loving is so unique! the coral doesn't really show up on me but the green-gold iridescence... WOW. amazing.
melrose mood is surprisingly wearable too! apply it with a lip brush over a balm. it sheers out and looks really good, i thought that i wouldn't be able to pull it off because i'm warm toned but hey it works!
smiles.gif
i'm scared fleshpot would be really light though. well it would make a good base for other lippies and glosses anyway.
i can't wait to try out alpha girl, i'm scared smooth harmony would be too dark on me lol!
tong.gif

mandygrimreaper

by the way, how did you find the dual edge pencil, oddinary? is the texture much like the kohls? the only pencil eyeliner i have from mac is smolder, and it smudges on me like crazy! is black funk pretty much like smolder? pop blue looks cool though! and i think fab orchid and dash lily would look really good with trio 2... but i'm not sure i like glitters in my eyeliners... hmm...

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandygrimreaper
by the way, how did you find the dual edge pencil, oddinary? is the texture much like the kohls? the only pencil eyeliner i have from mac is smolder, and it smudges on me like crazy! is black funk pretty much like smolder? pop blue looks cool though! and i think fab orchid and dash lily would look really good with trio 2... but i'm not sure i like glitters in my eyeliners... hmm...

Sorry I replied so late! I just got back today
smiles.gif
Nope, I couldn't see any Neo Sci Fi at the airport
ssad.gif
I saw Cool Heat, Tendertones and the Dazzleglasses! As soft as the kohl is, I think the black side will smudge more than smolder! I rarely use it! Pop Blue is nice, but IMO lasting power is poor. It tends to migrate a bit for me, but I still have to use this more to really see how well it lasts!

mandygrimreaper

thanks for the info oddinary!!!

did you try any of the tendertones?
tong.gif

ONLY 2 DAYS TILL HEATHERETTE!! WHEEEE I'M SO EXCITEDDD!!!!
greengrin.gif

i want to get pink pearl pigment now too! do pigments / glitters cost $160 here?
3D silver glitter looks cool but i really don't know how i'll be able to use it =/

sweet_starlets

Umm im not sure if u girls know this already but ill post it anyways, one of the MA's at pacific place told me that electroflash and sonic chic are coming out on the 23rd in Sogo and the 28th everywhere else.

oddinary

Thanks for the dates!

Please please tell me whether you girls got everything you wanted from Heatherette- I certainly didn't and I am soooo upset about it!
ssad.gif

mandygrimreaper

Hey girls....
I'm REALLY REALLY sorry about Heatherette. I called in today only to find out that Heatherette came out this monday, unlike the 17th like the MA at Sogo told me.
ssad.gif

I really should have called earlier this week to check and confirm with them again....
The beauty powders only came out at Sogo and Langham and they are sold out, so are all the lipsticks and lipglasses.
If i remembered correctly, they still had like 1 hollywood nights and 1 style minx at facesss or something.

But no, i didn't get to get anything i wanted, especially the alpha girl that i had waited so long for
ssad.gif

again, i'm really really sorry!!!!!!
i think 3D Silver is sold out too. I'm going in tomorrow to try get Lola Devine and Pink Pearl pigment, i think they're the only thing i'll be able to get...
ssad.gif

I'm going to the airport next wednesday, i'll see if they have any heatherette there. If they do, I'll get Sock Hop, Lollipop Loving and Smooth Harmony for you oddinary! I'm so sorry about this!!!!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

oddinary

Aww, don't be sorry sweetie! You've done a great job for keeping this thread alive, I really appreciate it! Plus, I don't think your MA was wrong - I went to Langham today and some girls were asking why everything was so out already and she said it was because they released early, whilst other counters released it today. :S

So you mean only Sogo & Langham got the beauty powders, no where else? I don't understand that but ya, I did see a sold out Smooth Harmony on display...

I ended up with Sock Hop and Trio 1 though! Turns out I am not so in love with the liners, but Langham still has Bonus Beat which *fingers crossed* is still available when I go back tomorrow!

mandygrimreaper

Quote:
Aww, don't be sorry sweetie! You've done a great job for keeping this thread alive, I really appreciate it! Plus, I don't think your MA was wrong - I went to Langham today and some girls were asking why everything was so out already and she said it was because they released early, whilst other counters released it today. :S

So you mean only Sogo & Langham got the beauty powders, no where else? I don't understand that but ya, I did see a sold out Smooth Harmony on display...

I ended up with Sock Hop and Trio 1 though! Turns out I am not so in love with the liners, but Langham still has Bonus Beat which *fingers crossed* is still available when I go back tomorrow!

Oooooh.... drat! When I called Sogo today they said pretty much all the good stuff was sold out already (ALL glosses and lipsticks), and that they couldn't hold anything for me because it's limited. So only Langham released early? I think Sogo might have too, since yeah only Sogo & Langham counters got the beauty powders. I tried calling Facesss about Alpha Girl and the MA said only those 2 counters got them, and other counters wouldn't be getting any =/

Wow you actually got Sock Hop!
thmbup.gif
Were any of the trios sold out? I actually quite like my trio 2 but the colours aren't as pigmented as i hoped. (or maybe i'm just not using enough, being a total cheapo because i hate the thought of running out of it... lol how pathetic
tong.gif
but i guess the colours are dupeable?)

Anyway I hope you can get Bonus Beat tmr!!! I hope i can get Lola Devine too! *crosses fingers too*

Hmm... if other counters only released it today.... i didn't try calling the IFC or the TST duty free one (i've never seen this one?!)... i'll try calling tmr to see if they still have any goodies left. but sigh, i really wanted alpha girl. (lol just for the packaging, i don't think the colour payoff is that good either) I guess MUA swap is the way to go. its like double the price on eBay.

i can't find the airport MAC phone number anywhere, i'll see what i can do tmr and see if they have heatherette out. if yes, i'll see if i can get Lollipop Loving for you!
yes.gif

oddinary

I picked up Trio 1 at Pacific Place but Trio 2 is still available there
smiles.gif
In Langham, only Trio 1 had stocks. I was pretty suprised to find the glosses weren't sold out in Langham- I can't recall what else was left, but I'll go in a bit and I can let you know later
smiles.gif
The liners aren't popular anywhere though, huh?

That's so sweet of you Mandy! If you do, I will send you in return a nice care package!

dolldoll

hey guys,

i went to langham MAC and elements MAC yesterday. langham had pretty much all the glosses. (i got bonus beat and sock hop) i also got trio 1 there. they ran out of all lipsticks at langham because they released early like you guys said. The MA helped me call elements and other shops and she claimed there was no more lipsticks anywhere. i went to elements later that day and they still had all 4 in stock! so u guys better hurry (i bought fleshpot and lollipop loving)

so in elements everything is still in stock. (well yesterday it was). all except the blush, i duno why but they didnt have the blushes on display
ssad.gif
they do have the nail polishes tho
smiles.gif
oh and elements didnt have the lashes but langham has them
smiles.gif
all in all, id say go to elements, they have pretty much had everything i stock yesterday.

hope that helps!

oddinary

^ Thanks dolldoll, but someone must have bought the last ones because I am just back from Langham a few minutes ago :S Only things left are the liners, Style Minx lipglass and both Trios for some reason... so yup, I didn't get Bonus Beat again
ssad.gif

Shucks, Elements is too far for me to go to, but later I'll give the DFS a call to see if anything is still left!

mandygrimreaper

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
yahoo.gif

sorry to post this up so late but i just got home. So i called IFC this morning, they said they still had small amounts of lollipop loving and fleshpot left.

then i called sogo, only to find that lola devine was sold out.... but.... the MA said that they would be re-stocking tomorrow!!!! for all the lipsticks!!! and lola devine! (not sure about the glosses though, sorry, tho i think they might be re-stocking that as well), the beauty powder blushes are def. all sold out though
ssad.gif

anyway they said they are re-stocking, but again, only limited quantities will be available. don't know if langham will be doing that, but what the heck!
i will be at sogo at 10 am when it opens! the MA told me to come early if i wanted to get anything!

oddinary you might be able to get lollipop loving!!!!!!!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!