MAC in Hong Kong: Avaliable Collections, Release Dates, Locations

oddinary

*scratch that*
I GOT (the last) LOLLIPOP LOVING!!
th_DANCE.gif
At the end of the day, I didn't get everything I planned but LL was definitely my highlight of the Heatherette collection! I didn't realize LL was so sheer and so frosty when worn alone but Sock Hop over it is amazing! The green pearl sorta disappeared though
ssad.gif
Plus, I'm kinda sad I couldn't get Bonus Beat *shrugs* oh well! Maybe it was a good thing the Beauty Powders were limited because I have waaayy too many face products already (they were $190 btw).

I'm not 100% sure what the MAC @ IFC has since they didn't put out any sold out labels... as far as lip products concerned, I think they only have a few more/or maybe just 1 Hollywood Nights. I'm kinda suprised Fleshpot is so popular though, I really thought it was way too nude for most people's tastes :p

I think a big reason why Heatherette sold out so fast was because it was heavily advertised in magazines.
th_dunno.gif
Usually you'll see a few items advertised here and there every collection but in Jessica I found a full 2 page spread dedicated to Heatherette! There was also a couple of mentions in Elle and Marie Clare.... hmmmm, I can't read Chinese very well so I don't bother with HK Beauty mags but the next time I visit a coffee shop I'm reading all the mags they have!
choochoo.gif

What did you end up getting Mandy?? & how limited do they mean when Sogo was restocking?? Thanks!!

& is this the airport number you are looking for? Or does it not work? I found this on the MAC site:
Nuance Watson
Hong Kong International Airport
Airside East Hall, Level 6
Kowloon
+(852) 2186-6528

Taj

I went to Elements on 17th thinking it was the first day of launch, but of course NOTHING I wanted left except glitters and pigments.
But lucky my friend checked out for me this afternoon (19th) Sogo and IFC, and i collected ALL l/s and l/g except Melrose (sadly this is my favourite !).
My last trophy is Alpha girl at DFS, TST !!!!
MA of DFS checked the airport MAC, nothing left, sorry girls.

Now, anybody know how I can get my MELROSE ????

mandygrimreaper

sorry for the late reply!!!

CONGRATS oddinary!!!! I got the last lollipop loving at Sogo after they restocked too!! haha! i was so relieved! since i didn't get there till like 11 30! i called around 10 to make sure nothing was sold out yet, and the MA that answered said they had all 4 colours but only 3 - 4 tubes of each colour, and only 5 lola devine nail lacquers left. so i practically ran over to Sogo!!

so i ended up with lollipop loving, melrose mood, fleshpot and lola devine. oh and the MA also sold me on Tread Gently tendertone, cuz she says it'll work really well with fleshpot because it'll help to tone down the red tones on my lips and make fleshpot look more glossy... and less like death on me i suppose. i haven't tried either of them yet though
tong.gif
but yeah i'm surprised fleshpot is so popular too! it does look really really pale... another reason why i haven't dared to try it yet! lol!
tong.gif
not surprised hollywood nights and style minx were the last ones to sell out though! haha!

lol i don't read any HK mags anymore... no wonder why everyone knew the release date! man that really sucks... cuz normally i wouldn't expect there to be that many MAC fanatics in HK unlike in the US.... but i guess MAC is getting more and more popular now... like i went to langham's MAC a few days ago, even all the cool heat eyeshadows were sold out! and when neo sci fi came out, i saw ALL the lipsticks were sold out in facesss like on the 2nd day it came out! even the ugly brown ones lol! (tho maybe it was only for the packaging)

anyway the MA was really nice and we chatted a bit, i found out why the beauty powders sold out so quickly -- the whole hong kong only had 24 of them! langham and sogo each got 12 only, and the MA said they sold out in 3 hours, some people even lined up before the store opened on that day! no wonder i didn't have a chance!
ssad.gif

btw i called langham today, they said electroflash was coming out on the 28th?

TAJ YOU LUCKY LUCKY GIRL! how in the world did you get alpha girl?!?! i bet they don't have any left eh? i'm surprised the DFS got any... i've never been to that store yet, nor the elements one... crap even the airport has nothing left ?
ssad.gif
dang... i guess i'll never get an alpha girl... i'll try on MUA swap sigh! i hope i'll find some goodies there when i leave for my trip tomorrow though!
taj if you want melrose i suggest you go on MUA swap as well! i'm pretty sure it's gone everywhere too!
ssad.gif
and the prices are ridiculous on eBay!

oddinary

Does that mean Electroflash will come out with Sonic Chic? I hope those don't sell out as fast, man, running around HK just to find Heatherette was already stressful enough! Haha, 3-4 tubes? That's barely considered restocking! A true MAC addict would buy them all in one go, as back ups of course!
th_LMAO.gif

I'm glad you got LL too! & Lola Devine! I find it hard to wear Real Doll sometimes cause the lavender tones clash with my skintone let alone Melrose Mood :p Sucks about the beauty powders though? IMO, MAC should make up for it by releasing a collection early - earlier than the US I mean!
smiles.gif

A couple of lemmings from Electroflash and Sonic Chic right now and HOPEFULLY they'll be fully stocked this time, I can't bare to line up just for make up!
tong.gif

mandygrimreaper

Yeah I think so, cuz Electro Flash and Sonic Chic are both mineralized right? though the MA at Sogo told me on the 19th that it was coming out on 23rd . Maybe it's being released at Sogo early (again-- lol) ? I'm not sure, I'd call again to make sure, don't want to give you guys the wrong info again
thmbdn.gif

I have Pink Split duo eyeshadow right now, it's not bad! though it is pretty shimmery for my taste, the marbled side is gorgeous! it looks like i did an awesome job with blending!
th_LMAO.gif
both sides are pretty pigmented. there is some microglitter/shimmer fallout though, but i'd say go for it! the amount of product you get for the price is amazing.

sigh when i called the DFS this afternoon they said they had 1 alpha girl left, so i went to TST right away but when i got there it was gone already... so i went there and got all hot and sweaty for nothing!!
ssad.gif
they still had 1 fleshpot but i didn't get it, i figured i'd save my money for colour forms! (and i was too depressed HAHA)
i have Naked to the core and inner hue lipsticks, play around pink beauty powder and the cool eyes palette right now. they are really pretty! haven't touched any of them yet, don't want to disturb them
tong.gif
but the cool eyes palette is really really pretty!! even the packaging rocks! it's got a blue canvas cover with a metal MAC label, the 213SE brush has a longer handle than the ones in usual sets, and the palette closes with a magnet. and there's a mirror as usual.
i hope i'll be able to get my hands on pop circle lippie, that sold out pretty quickly in the states didn't it? also the advanced brush set... but i heard the quality of the 187SE isn't as good as previous sets? i might just buy the novel twist set online then..

ah!!! you have real doll!!! i wasn't a MAC addict yet, i want to kill myself! >< it's like worth $60 USD now?! but i'm swapping for it on MUA right now, i hope it arrives safely!
choochoo.gif

that's what i thought about melrose mood earlier too, but there aren't any lavender tones in it, it's just a bright, pastel pink. it is cool toned, but i find if you wear a tendertone first, it sheers out and becomes a pretty pink mouth =) so a little goes a long way, and it's an amp cream too! a tube should last me a long time!

ahhh i'll be gone when electro flash and sonic chic come out
ssad.gif
i'm not interested in the blushes though, i think they'll be too shimmery? i only want to get Hot contrast duo eyeshadow as well, i'm gonna beg my friend to buy it for me... or i'll see if i can get it while i'm in the states--- if it's not sold out!
tong.gif

oddinary

^ You're so lucky to have already tried Electroflash? Did a friend bring it back from the States for you? I'm not usually an e/s girl but I am definetely eyeing Fresh Green Mix - it has amazing color payoff from the swatches! Aw, I'm sorry that you didn't manage to get Alpha Girl, hopefully you'll be able to find it on MUA! Plus, the good thing about being in the States is that it is cheaper again and you don't have to wait! I'm a bit sad that you saw Fleshpot though because I called the DFS a while ago and they told me no more lipsticks! :X Ah well, I'm done hauling for Heatherette now
tong.gif

I'm a sucka for MSFs and blushes, so 2 in 1 is just my thing! But they did say some are coming back later as permanent (or was it as repromotes?) so I don't think I will buy too many. Max 3!

mandygrimreaper

^ Hehe no I find them online from sellers that get a hand on them in advance somehow
winks.gif

hm well i wasn't exactly sure if fleshpot was still there actually. well it was when i called, and when i went there there were still only a fleshpot tester and style minx tester left, so i assumed that those 2 were still in stock.... maybe that terrible person who bought the last alpha girl also bought the last fleshpot
th_LMAO.gif

ooh if you love MSFs i think you'll LOVE the e/s.... heck, i hate shimmer and i can justify keeping these! i could just stare at it and wonder how they make the marbled side XD i'm interested in love connection as well... what sucks about the states though is the ridiculous sales tax... then it makes it only a bit cheaper than in HK... i think what's quite a bit cheaper are the slimshines? only .50 USD more expensive than regular lipsticks in US but 25 HKD more here!! ripoff!! the brushes too! might get some full sized ones there....

the blushes actually look pretty nice and really pigmented... but ah i don't think i'll ever use up my current blushes! though i plan on getting 1 more in the states! pinch o' peach! cuz it seems quite similar to alpha girl.... i need something to fill in my alpha girl void HAHA

sweet_starlets

Hey girlies, got my stuff from sogo today. Got hot contrast, sea and sky, play on plums, odd couple, gentle, love thing and lovejoy. Totally worth the $$ imo. Anyways i overheard that colour forms *might* be coming out August 11th. I'm not sure if thats a prelaunch date or if its for everywhere...Thought u guys would be interested.

oddinary

I am just back from Sogo too! I picked up Nuance & Warm Soul. Somehow, I wish the BPB collection never came out so I could pick up more of these- the shimmer is much finer!

Odd Couple MES is sold out at Sogo... everything else is still there for $150 and blushes $165! Forgot to ask the price of the 181 and New View, sorry!

drieyes

181 is $290 in Seibu, Langham and if I remember correctly, new view powder is $220. I am so happy I went out today and found the new collection. I think they are now minutely cheaper than in the US except for the brushes.

drieyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
I am just back from Sogo too! I picked up Nuance & Warm Soul. Somehow, I wish the BPB collection never came out so I could pick up more of these- the shimmer is much finer!

Odd Couple MES is sold out at Sogo... everything else is still there for $150 and blushes $165! Forgot to ask the price of the 181 and New View, sorry!

You can check with Seibu because I was able to get odd couple there today.
yahoo.gif

oddinary

Good thing about Seibu and Sogo is you can use your Cash Dollars though, so remember!
lol.gif
As long as you have HSBC Credit Card and sufficient cash dollars, go ahead and redeem some free MAC!

drieyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
Good thing about Seibu and Sogo is you can use your Cash Dollars though, so remember!
lol.gif
As long as you have HSBC Credit Card and sufficient cash dollars, go ahead and redeem some free MAC!

Thanks so much, when you say cash dollars do you mean the $100 voucher you redeem as rewards from credit card points? I've never really thought of that! I always get M&S vouchers because I usually buy MAC in the US but this time I cant help myself and they are a few dollars cheaper here anyway. Excuses, excuses...
winks.gif

oddinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by drieyes
Thanks so much, when you say cash dollars do you mean the $100 voucher you redeem as rewards from credit card points? I've never really thought of that! I always get M&S vouchers because I usually buy MAC in the US but this time I cant help myself and they are a few dollars cheaper here anyway. Excuses, excuses...
winks.gif

With Seibu, all you have to do is present your credit card; with Sogo, you must go to the 12/F and redeem your cash dollars as $100 or $50 vouchers.
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

I've been reading the magazines here in HK, and I see Colour Forms popping up. When is it coming out in HK (if not already), and is available at the MAC stores? Because I remember seeing some Novel Twist things at the Duty Free in Tsim Sha Tsui.

mandygrimreaper

Just called, colour forms came out today! No news of Starflash yet!

btw i was able to get 3 mattene lipsticks while i was in hawaii!!!!!
greengrin.gif
(2 40's pink and poise. they had almost all except for flattering
ssad.gif
) i was so happy!! they only had 2 heatherette lipglosses left. i saw neo sci-fi as well but only the ugly brown lipsticks were left haha.

oddinary

Anyone received a Cult of Cherry invite? Just curious, heard the event is next week, haven't got anything though!

Latest posts