MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

nico

There's no way MAC would discontinue Old Gold.It's the most unique pigment MAC has ever made.MAC UK website showed lots of pigments as discontinued products before.I wouldn't believe it until I see it on the US website.
ssad.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
There's no way MAC would discontinue Old Gold.It's the most unique pigment MAC has ever made.MAC UK website showed lots of pigments as discontinued products before.I wouldn't believe it until I see it on the US website.
ssad.gif

That's what I thought so I asked the guy in the store and he said that the pigments were listed as discontinued before because they were changing the packaging and that staff were told this but this time they haven't been told about any package change and the stuff is still listed.

notoriousnicola

if anyone is in the UK/ London i just found a big stock of Graphology (pro pans and pots) at the Kings Road MAC - they didnt even know it was being d/c'd so thought i was really odd buying up loads!!
th_DANCE.gif

RedRibbon

Hi everyone,

I emailed MAC asking them the situation about the piggies and also what I had been told in store and MAC online said:

Dear RR,
Thank you for taking the time to contact MAC Online.

These shades are showing in the “goodbyes” section of the site because the pigments are due to be repackaged; therefore we are discontinuing the pigments with the current packaging. These shades will then be launched in the new packaging.
I hope this is of assistance to you.
Kind Regards
Alex
M.A.C Online Customer Service

So it looks like we can relax and that they won't be getting rid of them fully, just to make way for the packaging.

Pink_Puddleduck

Hello UK ladies,

I have read a few pages back but couldn't find an answer, do items that are to be discontinued go down to 50% in the UK like they do in other countries and if so when does that happen?
smiles.gif

Thanks!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Puddleduck
Hello UK ladies,

I have read a few pages back but couldn't find an answer, do items that are to be discontinued go down to 50% in the UK like they do in other countries and if so when does that happen?
smiles.gif

Thanks!

Hi,

In my experience this isn't the case, they do go down by a bit but not 50%. The MAC pan forms for Soft Brown, Newly Minted and Graphology were being sold on MAC.co.uk for £7.00 something a few weeks ago and now they are being sold at the usual price of £8.50.

I can't speak for anything else

erine1881

we got a memo the other day stating what has been DC'd. this includes items already mentioned of course, but not everything already mentioned is going right this minute. here is what is going right now.

clarity shadow
honey b, gingerroot, raw refined, naked rose lip liner
charcoal brown pro lash
mousse, ultra elegant, rock out, grenadine, think tan slimshine
lustrebloom pro longwear
dress khaki liquidlast
girl friendly paint pot
nc30, nc45 stick concealer

Cinci

FYI - Polished Ivory Pigment is no longer listed on macpro.com, but when I called to see if I could order it, the girl said they had a couple instock still. (During a previous conversation with a MAC CSR, she told me that when they get down to 5 or so left of discontinued item, they pull it from the site and only have them on hand for customers who phone in their orders cause there is a slight lag between the site inventory and the actual inventory, so this helps avoid ppl ordering online to find out later that it is out of stock..)

Anyways, I just thought I would let you guys know incase anyone missed out on Polished Ivory Pigment.

yessika29

Hello, This is my first time posting but since I was so shocked to hear this information I had to post and hear what everyone thinks. Yesterday I went to my local MAC store and the MUA told me that e/s Brule, Vanilla, Bronze, All that Glitters and Clarity are being discontinued. Now, I know Clarity is discontinued but the other I could not believe since they are staples and favorites. Has anyone else heard anything same?

New Site: http://www.applejaymakeup.com

erine1881

^^^clari, newly minted, and graphology are being DC'd. The others are not. They're just not on the actual shadow towers for the current schematic season. They're on the overflow trays.

We got a current list of what is being DC'd. When I get into work today I'll post what is officially going so that people aren't guessing and giving wrong information.

GlamQueen21

What I saw in the Goodbyes Section is the following so far:

Old Gold pigment
Engaging MES
Earthly Riches MES
Heat/Element MES

aziajs

I hate that the pigments are being re-packaged because it most certainly means that new=less.
ssad.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
For a little while now on the Canadian site the goodbyes section lists Silverthorn e/s

That makes sense since Silverthorn was LE (Rose Romance)

TeresitaMC

^ Thanks! I was trying to figure it out, I could have sworn it was Perm? Weird. Also though, I do have Silverthorn in pan form, straight from the store (in January '09).

miss-lilly

^ I know that it came out this year with the Rose Romance collection as a LE
th_confused_new.gif

However maybe they decided to keep it? I was told yesterday that the 4 l/s of the recent Hi-def collection will now be available in the Pro stores so maybe something like that happened with Silverthorn?

Latest posts