MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

miss-lilly

Every six months or so, items to be discontinued are put aside and are -50% off. So that's a good way for me to confirm which products are going to be dc.
6 months ago it was Nico amongst others and even though it sounded crazy, it turns out that it was accurate. Anyway here are some things I saw this time (sorry if some of them have already been mentioned):
Hot Tahiti l/s
ssad.gif

BBQ and Quartz l/l
Cara-mellow, Cranapple, Honey B., Plum Soft cremestick l/l
Graphology e/s
Girl friendly p/p (was this perm? I can't really remember)
Hyper Real Bronze FX and Gold FX
Pink Vivid and French Violet pigments
Mousse + Ultra Elegant slimshines
Family Silver + Engaging MES
Studio Stick concealer
Reel Red CCB

I'll update if I remember anything else
yes.gif

petitetamtam

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Every six months or so, items to be discontinued are put aside and are -50% off. So that's a good way for me to confirm which products are going to be dc.
6 months ago it was Nico amongst others and even though it sounded crazy, it turns out that it was accurate. Anyway here are some things I saw this time (sorry if some of them have already been mentioned):
Hot Tahiti l/s
ssad.gif

BBQ and Quartz l/l
Graphology e/s
Studio Stick concealer
Reel Red CCB

yes.gif

I definately have to buy Graphology before it vanishes here...does the stuff only get discontinuted in the US or also everywhere else

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Hot Tahiti l/s
ssad.gif

BBQ and Quartz l/l
Graphology e/s
Studio Stick concealer
Reel Red CCB

yes.gif

Thanks for the heads up.

Girl Friendly wasn't perm. It's left over from Fafi. IMO, it's because on a lot of caucasian ladies, it tends to look bruisy and well, not good.

I know Reel Red, Hyper Real reg and Fx, Quartz, Studio Stick concealer are already axed. I think more on that list are, I just am too lazy to go check my master list in this section. lol

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitetamtam
I definately have to buy Graphology before it vanishes here...does the stuff only get discontinuted in the US or also everywhere else

As far as I know, they're being discontinued everywhere (I live in Greece)

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Thanks for the heads up.

Girl Friendly wasn't perm. It's left over from Fafi. IMO, it's because on a lot of caucasian ladies, it tends to look bruisy and well, not good.

I know Reel Red, Hyper Real reg and Fx, Quartz, Studio Stick concealer are already axed. I think more on that list are, I just am too lazy to go check my master list in this section. lol

Yes, many of them are on the list
yes.gif

But I really cannot understand why Hot Tahiti is going. I thought it was quite popular
shockt.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppysmum
I wish there was an easier way to find out what was being discontinued so we could stock up if necessary.

I think we can be glad to get all these infos on specktra! I can't imagine an easier way at the moment. MAC won't publish these information officially I guess
th_dunno.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I've been looking for the DCed pro pigments for a while now. I had 2 specktra members search for the dced pro pigments at their local pro stores and nothing. I had my brother who lives in cali look for them at 2 pro stores, nothing.
ssad.gif

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Oh well...perhaps I'll run across them at a CCO sometime.

Have you tried calling all the pro stores in the US or Canada? I dont know if the Canadian ones will ship to the US, but when I can't find an item that was LE or recently dc'd, I usually just go on the mac site and phone call the stores. The canadian stores take phone orders and ship anywhere in canada for 7.00.

RedRibbon

I haven't read this whole thread but on the UK MAC site there's a section called Goodbyes which states which products are being discontinued.

The following is being discontinued: eyeshadows, eyeshadow pans, lipsticks, slimshine lipsticks, mineralize blush duos, pigments, mineralize eyeshadow duos, nail polish, paintpots, studio stick concealer, creamstick liner, liquidlast liner and the 272 small angled shader.

The eyeshadows being discontinued are (as noted above):
  • Graphology (now only available in a potted form, not as individual pan as it was a while ago)
  • Newly minted (pan)
  • Soft brown (pan)
Lipsticks:
  • Eden Rocks
  • Mystic
  • Underworld
  • XS
  • Shitaki
Slimshine lipstick:

• Think tank
  • Voile
  • Grenadine
  • Mousse
  • Ultra Elegant
Mineralise blush duo:
  • Moon River
  • Earth to Earth
Pigment:
  • Old Gold
  • Kitschsmas
  • Dark Soul
  • Cornflower
  • Golden Lemon
  • Platinum
Mineralise eyeshadow duo:
  • Earthly Riches
  • Engaging
  • Family Silver
Nail polish:
  • Beigely Bliss
Paintpot:
  • Girl Friendly
Studio stick concealer

Cremestick liner:
  • Raw Refined
  • Naked Rose
Liquidlast liner:
  • Greenplay
  • Classic Cream
272 Small Angled Shader

HTH someone
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I haven't read this whole thread but on the UK MAC site there's a section called Goodbyes which states which products are being discontinued.

The following is being discontinued: eyeshadows, eyeshadow pans, lipsticks, slimshine lipsticks, mineralize blush duos, pigments, mineralize eyeshadow duos, nail polish, paintpots, studio stick concealer, creamstick liner, liquidlast liner and the 272 small angled shader.

Pigment:
  • Old Gold
  • Kitschsmas
  • Dark Soul
  • Cornflower
  • Golden Lemon
  • Platinum

shockt.gif
They will dc these pigments??? Go, get them if you still can!!
shockt.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon

The eyeshadows being discontinued are (as noted above):
  • Graphology (now only available in a potted form, not as individual pan as it was a while ago)
  • Newly minted (pan)
  • Soft brown (pan)
Lipsticks:
  • Eden Rocks
  • Mystic
  • Underworld
  • XS
  • Shitaki
Slimshine lipstick:
  • Think tank
  • Voile
  • Grenadine
  • Mousse
  • Ultra Elegant
Mineralise blush duo:
  • Moon River
  • Earth to Earth
Pigment:
  • Old Gold
  • Kitschsmas
  • Dark Soul
  • Cornflower
  • Golden Lemon
  • Platinum
Mineralise eyeshadow duo:
  • Earthly Riches
  • Engaging
  • Family Silver
Nail polish:
  • Beigely Bliss
Paintpot:
  • Girl Friendly
Studio stick concealer

Cremestick liner:
  • Raw Refined
  • Naked Rose
Liquidlast liner:
  • Greenplay
  • Classic Cream
272 Small Angled Shader

HTH someone
smiles.gif

Yes I saw this so I ran out and got an Old Gold piggie yesterday. I had wanted one for ages but after I saw this in the Goodbyes section - I decided that the time to grab one was now!

coachkitten

I am really bummed about soft brown e/s. I use that all the time to blend out brown shades. I also don't see why MAC would discontinue old gold. This sucks!

Susanne

Old Gold is one of the best pigments ever!! It makes no sense to discontinue it.

If they ever d/c Teal I will buy backups. A few of them.

RedRibbon

I didn't think they would discontinue all those pigments but on my wanderings today I popped into the MAC Pro Store and the guy working there was bitching to his friend about MAC and why they stop making stuff he needs to survive. I asked if they were discontinuing the pigments that were listed on the MAC site and he told me that they were.

I should buy some Old Gold really as I quite like it but I'm scared of using loose powder. I really wanted to buy Soft Brown as it was being sold for (along with Graphology and Newly Minted) for £7.50. By the time I'd had it swatched it was up to normal price, boo!

BionicWoman

Does anyone know if they DEFINITELY discontinued MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW35?? When I go to the stores they say that they haven't, but when I check the MAC & MAC PRO websites, I don't see it on there. I'm so annoyed right now because I can't get a straight answer. However, I still see it in the other concealer formulas. I don't understand WHY they would discontinue NW35 in this formula only???

Latest posts