MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
Its long term outta stock company-wide. We've been out of it for months at my counter.

It could be supply issues, ingredient issues, who knows. MAC hasn't told us why its out of stock.
th_dunno.gif
We've even sampled out all of our testers to customers, so we don't even have em to try on people.

Thanks for the info! I just called the MAC Freestanding in Winnipeg.. Thankfully they had 1 in stock, so I'm having some shipped..
yahoo.gif

GlamQueen21

I'm glad that Cantaloupe blush isn't going to be DC'd since I've heard it's a really pretty blush! Now I want it but don't have access to a Pro store.

Susanne

Ok, they have discontinued Foolishly Fab Plushglass
blah.gif

... but what is with Angel Cream Plushglass??
cry.gif

My two faves!! And I have no backups
th_mad0217.gif

Has anyone a dupe for Angel Cream?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Prep & Prime lip? I've been trying to buy Prep & Prime Lip from the MAC site (Canada) for a few months now, but it is always sold out. Everytime I have called they have no news on when they will receive any more... I just sent my boyfriend to MAC in Toronto, and the MA there told him that they have been out of it for a while, and they haven't been able to get anymore. She also told him that many of the other locations are sold out as well and that noone has been able to get any in....

If you have access to a CCO of can get a CP ...try there...the last time I was there 2 weeks or so ago they had hundreds literally....I bought 3 they were $10....and I remember looking in the drawer and they were never ending...

GlamQueen21

I've seen Foolishly Fab Plushglass at my CCO. It's a very pretty lavender lipglass. I almost got it but now I want it!

TISH1124

Update on Prep + Prime Lip

My Pro Mgr told me yesterday that they were instructed a month ago to return all their prep + prime lip to be sent to the CCO's because they are in the middle of reformulating the product....so she said they are reformulating the newer one to be better/more moisturizing/more lipstick staying power and they are not going to sell the old formula anymore moving forward. So hopefully the new formula will be out soon...she said she had no word on when it would be ready but she did know they were in the process of reformulation now.

Sojourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Ok, they have discontinued Foolishly Fab Plushglass
blah.gif

... but what is with Angel Cream Plushglass??
cry.gif

My two faves!! And I have no backups
th_mad0217.gif

Has anyone a dupe for Angel Cream?

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124

My Pro Mgr told me yesterday that they were instructed a month ago to return all their prep + prime lip to be sent to the CCO's because they are in the middle of reformulating the product....so she said they are reformulating the newer one to be better/more moisturizing/more lipstick staying power and they are not going to sell the old formula anymore moving forward. So hopefully the new formula will be out soon...she said she had no word on when it would be ready but she did know they were in the process of reformulation now.

I've been wanting to try the Prep + Prime Lip for sometime and I can't wait to try the reformulated one sometime soon.

Cinci

Quote:

Thanks for the update Tish!! I can't wait to try the new one! I love the old formula, so hopefully the new one is even better!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I loved Angel Cream too...I've only got one and have been using it frugally
cry.gif

The closest dupe I've seen is NARS Turkish Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
Nars Turkish Delight is the closest I've found to Angel Cream

Thank you! Ok, so I must get Turkish Delight finally
yes.gif

shadowaddict

Quote:
Cantaloupe is on the pro site as a Pro Only item

Does it only come in pan and not pot also? I only saw pan on the pro site.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Does it only come in pan and not pot also? I only saw pan on the pro site.

I think all pro-only shadows and blush will only remain in pan form. All pots are being DC'd.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I wouldn't get too upset over that list until we see it in the US. I can never see the day that MAC DCs Nico or Oh Baby. They sell waaaay too many to do that.

Ahhhh snap. Hush my mouth. I stand corrected. Adios Nico, I won't miss you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I loved Angel Cream too...I've only got one and have been using it frugally
cry.gif

The closest dupe I've seen is NARS Turkish Delight

Yeah, Turkish delight is a reasonable facsimilie. It is a bit lighter, but still close and so pretty.

kayley123

Has anyone heard more about the lipgelees? Are they all really going away?...*turns big sad eyes toward erine*

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Has anyone heard more about the lipgelees? Are they all really going away?...*turns big sad eyes toward erine*

I really think they will be going. Right now they're in a beaker behind the displayers. They aren't even on this seasons schematics. I think when the next round of RTVs come along they will be be going too, but we've got no official word yet. All signs point towards yes tho.

Sorry.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
I really think they will be going. Right now they're in a beaker behind the displayers. They aren't even on this seasons schematics. I think when the next round of RTVs come along they will be be going too, but we've got no official word yet. All signs point towards yes tho.

Sorry.

Aw...it makes me very sad
cry.gif
, but thank you so much for replying! I'm glad to have warning, anyway!
tong.gif