MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

pumpkincat210

What is with mac coming out with new permanent items then discontinuing them only a year later? Instead they should make best sellers from le collections permanent. Seems like they would save money and make people happier.

nadiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
What is with mac coming out with new permanent items then discontinuing them only a year later? Instead they should make best sellers from le collections permanent. Seems like they would save money and make people happier.

Worse still is when they discontinue great products only to bring them out as a LE item a couple of months later like they keep doing with the Shadesticks. I agree they should make some bestselling LE items permanent though if you're patient they often bring them back with new collections.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
Worse still is when they discontinue great products only to bring them out as a LE item a couple of months later like they keep doing with the Shadesticks. I agree they should make some bestselling LE items permanent though if you're patient they often bring them back with new collections.

Yes, the shadestick situation is frustrating. I guess i'm boring, but i'd keep around the tried and true basic items and less limited edition releases. I'd still try to keep up with the fast paced trends, but with the basics, the options are endless. People have short attention spans these days, but i can hardly keep up with the new releases! If they could reach a happy medium I think it would ultimately be more profitable.

Ciani

I guess I'll have to order two of the pigments being d/c just to be on the safe side! Luckily my fiance gave me some extra cash to treat myself with a few more items. I want to get Clear Sky Blue Pigments and Cool Pink.

I don't think Cool Pink Pigment is safe to use around the eye is it? And does anyone know if I call the phone # to order instead online is there a chance I can order something sold out like Goldyrocks Dazzleglass? I didn't have a chance to get it because I already ordered my last order online and forgot I didn't add it on there before it sold out
ssad.gif

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya

I believe the technical term for that is teasing.
ssad.gif
Foul play.

cloudsweare

Are they nuts? I hate to say it. But, if Mac does not stop discontinuing the good stuff. I am going to protest!

jaclynashley

I just start appreciating the perm items and MAC does this?!?!
Why don't they quit making so many different collection and do collections monthly that have all the spotlight on perm items to help sell them.
They should make all the discontinued items online exclusives.

cloudsweare

I know. I don't have the money to buy every collection when it comes out. So, I miss alot of the good stuff. With the perm items I can buy them whenever. So, it's better for me. Also, I'm really pissed about them getting rid of Bio-Green, Indian Ink, and Newly Minted. Also Clear Sky Blue pigment.

mrsjakeryan

does anyone else think its odd that mac pro is discontinuing a bunch of their pro shadows in pot form only? not that i'm complaining cause at least i'll still be able to buy the pan form, but still... i think that's kind of strange that one form is available and not the other.
ssad.gif
grrrr... does anyone know why this is??

Face2Mac

I think some of these products will be coming in a collection near and dear to you and renamed, especially the pro colors.

They discontinue the good off the beaten path colors but repromote the same colors: shadowy lady, tempting and satin taupe. I really am convinced that someone at corporate thinks these are the best e/s that they make.

cocodivatime

I read that Siss lipstick is being discontinued! Is this true? Please help. I don't want to stock up in a false panic

thanks

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjakeryan
does anyone else think its odd that mac pro is discontinuing a bunch of their pro shadows in pot form only? not that i'm complaining cause at least i'll still be able to buy the pan form, but still... i think that's kind of strange that one form is available and not the other.
ssad.gif
grrrr... does anyone know why this is??

Damn, that's annoying I ONLY buy my eyeshadows in pot form including the pro ones!
angry.gif

Ciani

I just ordered the 180 brush from the MAC New York special order # yesterday
th_DANCE.gif
and asked her about the Clear Sky Blue Pigment being DC'd and she told me they were moving them to MAC Pro Store Only but that I would still be able to call that # and order through them or go to a MAC Pro Store to buy them which is good! I was worried they were gone forever.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
th_DANCE.gif
and asked her about the Clear Sky Blue Pigment being DC'd and she told me they were moving them to MAC Pro Store Only but that I would still be able to call that # and order through them or go to a MAC Pro Store to buy them which is good! I was worried they were gone forever.

CSB has always been pro only, so this makes no sense.
th_dunno.gif

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
CSB has always been pro only, so this makes no sense.
th_dunno.gif

that's exactly what I was thinking.

P.S. Anyone know how long TOD lasts before they take items off the site?

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
th_DANCE.gif

I called the customer service and of course, they had no idea.
As for the MAC Pro in NYC, they often know pretty late what the disc. items will be. Last year, they had no clue about Pink Vivid until they ran out...
Pretty disappointing.
So, I prefer trusting the website since the TOD have now been there for a while. It doesn't seem to be a glitch unfortunately.
cry.gif

Monakhd

.... (clears throat) ahemm... is this thing on??
rant.gif

So, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.. it looks like strada blush is also has a TOD (my contour shade!!
ssad.gif
) I also saw graphology, clarity and flourishing.. in addition to the newly minted.

Did you guys notice the dc's are a pattern of bright colors and mattes? Bummer. The TOD is also on the blue peep and frost lite fluidlines.

Thanks to the economy, parent company Estee Lauder and some other factors I have no clue about, MAC will BARELY have any fun colors now!

JUST STAB ME IN THE BACK WITH NEUTRALS WHY DON'T YOU, MAC!