MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
There is no ToD for them - they are actually on the Dcd pigment line up page...

M·A·C Cosmetics | Pigment

I don't think that they are disc. these but these were repromotes within a LE collection of piggies: Originals I think? so they may have put them there because of it? You know when they put a silver sticker under the jar for a LE shade that is permanent?
Such as Golden Lemon.
I doubt that Golden Lemon, Golden Olive and such are being disc.
Otherwise we need to petition, seriously!
girl_devil.gif

cloudsweare

Ugh.

I'm sick of them getting rid of all the good stuff. Like I said. I will stop buying if they dump all the brights. I cannot be the only one who wants to protest. Right?

bestbehaviour22

Hi,
I don´t know if this has been mentioned but a some shadows are going....:
Pen n pink, poison pen, motif, signed sealed, post haste, surreal, bamboo, saddle, vellum, newly minted, juiced to name a few...
Also shadesticks, cremestick liners as you guys have mentioned, hyperreal foundation, select tint foundation, studie mist foundation, some cremeblushes.. But I think all of that is mentioned already....
ssad.gif

I choose to look at it this way - must be lots of great new stuff coming!!!
winks.gif

Ruby_Woo

Okay so I asked our trainer yesterday, and they are discontinuing the creamestick liners w/ a pearl in them. All the others ones will remain. Also they are trying to cut down the line to I forgot the amount, but its a certain amount of SKU's permanently. Thats why they're doing all of this. Its just business.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua
Adding to the bad news...

Girl friendly paint pot (I've been wanting this! ugh)
Shade fludiline
Antiquity liner
#272 brush
Cushy White and Plus Luxe plushglasses
Quartz and BBQ lipliner
Basically ALL of the Cremestick liners! I love these!

Guess I'll be stocking up on strada...

Eeek! Shade Fluidline, Strada Blush, Flourishing and the 272 brush are all on my to-get list. Guess I better do it soon. I hate that they are discontinuing so much great stuff, and bringing nothing but LE stuff in it's place. I love the LE collections, but they get to be a bit much after awhile...

buddhy

It's a shame that there is no way of knowing that. There are some pigments there that I would like to get before they go, but I wouldn't be too impressed if all that was happening was that they were going PRO.

Hmmm...
th_confused_new.gif

LP_x

There'll be nothing except LE products before long. Unless they're removing them to replace them with even better permanent items *hopeful*

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Okay so I asked our trainer yesterday, and they are discontinuing the creamestick liners w/ a pearl in them. All the others ones will remain. Also they are trying to cut down the line to I forgot the amount, but its a certain amount of SKU's permanently. Thats why they're doing all of this. Its just business.

Actually I never understood why there was pearl in any of the cremestick liners. They still need to add some lighter shades tho if they're dc'ing gingerroot and honey b.

cloudsweare

If they are getting rid of pigments completely. Even in the US. I must say that I am officially done.

I cannot buy from MAC PRO. Don't have a store around. And, I'm not going to bother doing it from the phone.

Have the freaking people at MAC lost it?

MrsMay

^^ I just wanted to note that it is a current reality for many MAC addicts that they cannot buy pigments at their local counter.

I cannot buy pigments in Australia apart from the two Pro stores interstate, although they have added a few more pigments online in the last few weeks (it used to be only the re-promoted pigments online). The only options I have are ordering online, via phone & paying for shipping, or waiting until I go interstate.

Due to the large number of MAC f/s in the US I highly doubt they will get rid of pigments completely, perhaps the only thing they would do would be to make some PRO rather than available for all.

There are only a few pigments on the d/c list that I want to purchase before they disappear... luckily they disappear slower in Australia than they do in the US.

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Ummm... why are the majority, if not all of the pigments on the UK 'Goodbyes' page? Surely not?!
Goodbyes | M·A·C Cosmetics UK

I really really hope that these pigments won't be discontinued
nonono.gif

However, the list of l/s on that page is definitely right ~ I posted about them in the 1st page of the thread. Now my fears have been confirmed
ssad.gif

SakurasamaLover

This is a sad day for me. I didn't know about these being d/c. Seriously I can't imagine the Mac Pro without my beloved Basic Mattes like: Polished Ivory, Clear Sky Blue, French Violet, Burnt Burgundy, Dusty Coral and Nocturnal Plum... I barely made it through Pink Vivid sentence of death (my favorite of them all with Primary Yellow).

I didn't have the time to build my Chromacake collection either and now they are gone.

I just don't know what to say, I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at MAC the same way.. I never imagined they would chop their colors like that, without these I think I'll have to go see somewhere else.

How ? is EL trying to kill the Mac spirit ? They should just have started an other brand for this endless LE frenzy... cutting half the Pro line ? yeah.. they will loose me over time if it goes like that
th_dunno.gif
what will be next ? the mixing mediums????? what am I saying, they already did the unforgivable for me.. nah can't go over those Mattes, and they aren't promoting any new ones in the collections.. only shimmery stuff.

Somebody please tell me this is just a big bad joke.
nonono.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
Somebody please tell me this is just a big bad joke.
nonono.gif

th_hug.gif

I wish that it is just a big bad joke too!
cry.gif

Yushimi

I'm hoping that they're taking away the mattes for a really good darn reason. Like re-formulating it and releasing a whole line of mattes later on.

Now I have to drag my ass down to my Pro store and pick up Burnt Burgundy. Ugh.

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
th_hug.gif

I wish that it is just a big bad joke too!
cry.gif

crybaby.gif
(hug while crying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
I'm hoping that they're taking away the mattes for a really good darn reason. Like re-formulating it and releasing a whole line of mattes later on.

Now I have to drag my ass down to my Pro store and pick up Burnt Burgundy. Ugh.

Seriously how can they cut the pro matte line, almost completely !?!?
I so hope it is a re-formulation thing... if not..
fool.gif
censored.gif
getyou.gif
throwup.gif
blink.gif
th_loser.gif
:bangi n:
yucky.gif
wtff.gif
th_wallbash.gif
th_crazy2.gif
icon_eek.gif
oh.gif
smash.gif
:aar gh:
SOS.gif
jerkit.gif
finger.gif
blah.gif
crybaby.gif

(^ yeah I think all that of this situation)

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
crybaby.gif
(hug while crying)

cry.gif
th_hug.gif

Quote:
Seriously how can they cut the pro matte line, almost completely !?!?
I so hope it is a re-formulation thing... if not..
fool.gif
censored.gif
getyou.gif
throwup.gif
blink.gif
th_loser.gif
:bangi n:
yucky.gif
wtff.gif
th_wallbash.gif
th_crazy2.gif
icon_eek.gif
oh.gif
smash.gif
:aar gh:
SOS.gif
jerkit.gif
finger.gif
blah.gif
crybaby.gif

(^ yeah I think all that of this situation)

true.gif
MAC salute!
finger.gif