MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2010 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susanne

Done
smiles.gif

Thanks for helping me.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for your hard work, Susanne!
pompom.gif

As I was shocked to find Tete-A-Tint and Beige-Ing on the list, I did the live chat this morning. Strangely enough, the MA told me both were not on the discontinued product list. Hmmm. Should I stock up both of them in case?

MAChostage

Checked the "Goodbyes" on the MAC site just a few minutes ago and a great deal of the stuff mentioned in this thread is there, including Tete-A-Tint and Beige-Ing.

ButterflyDior77

I love Ladyblush and Posey, but neither are close to being done...So I don't know what to do with that.

I'm not a huge fan of shadesticks, but I do like sharkskin.

And what's up with getting rid of matte squared formula? It's their best formula.

Someone tell me they are coming out with new and improved creme blushes and matte squared colors this year?

Otherwise MAC is seriously on a bad trip.

shontay07108

Omg, I just realized Mac is getting rid of Honeyflower! That is my go to lipstick. I need to buy another one. I'm so sad.

peachsuns

Checked the "Goodbyes" on the MAC site just a few minutes ago and a great deal of the stuff mentioned in this thread is there, including Tete-A-Tint and Beige-Ing.

Thank you, MAChostage.
Now I see both Beige-Ing and Tete-A-Tint on the "Goodbyes." Why MAC, why?
crybaby.gif
I have to pick them up.

mac_aiken

Quite a few of my favorites are going away. Guess I will be skipping a few LE products to back up some of the tried and trues. I have been using Fibre Rich mascara and MV3 perfume since their introductions.

chidarkcy

Really crushed for Tete-a-tint!! I just discovered it a few months ago! :'''( I use it almost every day... I can't see it anymore in the website! just in the refill form :''( </3

commandolando

I can't believe my favorite perfume MV 2 is being discontinued :( I'm so sensitive to scents, I can only wear this & Clinique Happy. Every time I wear MV 2 I get compliments, it matches my body chemistry so well! why, MAC, WWWHHHYYY!? VANILLLLLA!

Does anyone know how long perfume lasts? should I stalk up on more the a few bottles?

Curly1908

Whoa -- I've been wearing Moistly for YEARS. I only have a little bit left in my last one so I guess that gives me an excuse to try a new grape lippie when I completely run out.
flower.gif

rockin

None of these things seem to be on the Goodbyes on the UK site yet, and I'm really hoping they won't be. A number of these things are on my 'want' list but so are some of the things in the new collections which are yet to hit the site. At the moment it's just the Marcel Wanders stuff that's on the Goodbyes section

sosdrielle

I can't believe my favorite perfume MV 2 is being discontinued :( I'm so sensitive to scents, I can only wear this & Clinique Happy. Every time I wear MV 2 I get compliments, it matches my body chemistry so well! why, MAC, WWWHHHYYY!? VANILLLLLA!

Does anyone know how long perfume lasts? should I stalk up on more the a few bottles?
Perfume can last years and years as long as you store it away from sunlight and make sure it's not somewhere where it will be subject to a lot of temperature change.

jardinaires

honestly, this really really sucks. tete a tint is my FAVORITE eyeshadow. i use that every single day in my crease, it's the perfect color for warming up the eye area. i've tried somoa silk and it's just not the same, as far as blendability goes.

same thing with star brunette dazzle lash.. i love that stuff for a natural makeup look, but i can get over that. personally i think it's kinda weird they're getting rid of most all of the brown mascaras and then they're getting rid of two mascaras all together? pro longlash and fibre rich lash? i know several people who love fibre rich, i used to swear by it. i think it's kinda strange they're DCing pro longlash.. that's kind of a basic MAC product :/

also, if you've never used base light paint, i recommend you stop by and get one before they're all gone.. i one, and a backup, and it's the best stuff for creating a gold metallic eye. it's a yellow-based metallic with heavy shimmer shot through it. it's definitely an overlooked gem, haha.

and finally. are they DCing the fragrance concept alltogether? i'm just curious because that has tended to be a feature in some collections (especially spring/summer) in the past.. a LE fragrance. i love MV3, i need to get another one soon before they're all gone.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ I agree about the brown Dazzlelash. Whenever I want a really "natural but perfect" look, it's my go-to. I find it weird that they're thinking of doing all these wacky colours, but they're discontinuing brown... People will argue that brown looks like black, but that's not true- black is for impact, brown is toned-down.

I'm still pouting over Mystic and Underworld. I still have plenty left in the tubes I have, but knowing that I won't be able to get more is stressful. Since they release dark reds in a number of LE collections, Underworld doesn't bother me as much, but I've never seen a colour like Mystic in LE. Really gorgeous, classy plummy red. Sob.

GlamQueen21

I ordered Tete-A-Tint e/s online and I'm hoping that MAC will still have Honeyflower online or else I can go to my MAC store to purchase one. It is strange that MAC is DCing the brown mascaras! I have loved the Fibre Rich Lash mascara!

Status
Not open for further replies.