MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

MissTT

I've got too many highlighters and never know which one to reach for on a given day so I haven't touched the EDSF in at least a month. I should use one tomorrow, but I've got three meetings so I don't want to look too much like the Tin Man. Anyone wanna pick one for me to use: WOG, Superb, DefDef, and STF?

SavannahLovely

I stocked up on DefDef! It's gorgeous!
Omg, you and I are twins! I bought two backups and haven't even made a dent in my first. I use it almost every day though. Adored is my second favorite highlighter and gets used quite often too. All my other ones are so neglected lol.

martiangurll

Omg, you and I are twins! I bought two backups and haven't even made a dent in my first. I use it almost every day though. Adored is my second favorite highlighter and gets used quite often too. All my other ones are so neglected lol.
I'm in a rut using perfect topping and veronicas blush repeatedly. I could get some use from these before my tan is gone.

caribprincess

I've got too many highlighters and never know which one to reach for on a given day so I haven't touched the EDSF in at least a month. I should use one tomorrow, but I've got three meetings so I don't want to look too much like the Tin Man. Anyone wanna pick one for me to use: WOG, Superb, DefDef, and STF?
Miss TT please do a look with superb since I need to feel the excitement of using the one I have now lol

Genn

I'm wanting Def Def to be re promoted. I bought STF last time but I think Def Def would work better for me and my daughter in law apparently loves it. She is worried the one I gave her for her Birthday will be gone soon.

Ana A

I was feeling good about this because I thought it wasn't out til January but two collections of the same day and around Christmas sounds crazy! Thank God November will give some of us time to recuperate (I hope)
sweatdrop.gif

Richelle83

I was feeling good about this because I thought it wasn't out til January but two collections of the same day and around Christmas sounds crazy! Thank God November will give some of us time to recuperate (I hope)
sweatdrop.gif
There should be a few breaks in between collections now but once this come out it will be a bit rough. Usually December-Jan, April, August-September and Holiday are the roughest since they like to do a collection or two a week.

Prettypackages

Shape the Future was my baby this Summer. The first rounds were just collecting dust. They were too metallic and emphasized my pores. And WOG was too white for me. It was pretty, but I prefer a golden or rose highlight.

Prettypackages

STF!

maneater

If Whisper of Gilt gets repromoted with this, I'll probably get another BU since I'm almost through the one I'm using now and I only have one BU in my stash. Still my favorite highlighter ever! Other than that, I'll probably pass on this.

Me too. My 1st one is almost done! WOG is certainly my fav EDSF
eyelove.gif

CiaoBellaa

WOG is my fave too :) I also have Superb and DefDef. Not looking for any backups so hopefully they come out with some really solid, innovative shades that add to the line without repeating colors.

bobbiedoll03

I have fallen in love with the EDSF formula. I use Superb on a pretty consistent basis so I am hoping to get my hands on some other items.

liba

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!

Copperhead

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
icon_eek.gif

pinkpaint

Thanks again, Liba!

I think I'm gonna need one of those EDSF's. I hope I don't want both lol. I don't have any of the EDES. I guess because I've never been much of a shadow girl. But I would love to give them a try this go around. I may get one or two. I still love the Apres Chic lipsticks and wear them all the time so if these are similar I'll try to narrow it down to two. It's so hard having this collection and Punk Couture come out at the same time. Maybe I should just look at this as my end of the year/start of the year splurge and try not to feel guilty
sigh.gif

Tatiana87

A peach EDSF sounds amazing to me.
eyelove.gif

MissTT

Oh Miss liba. Thank you for being so descriptive. Autoerotique makes me giggle as well and I will buy it for the name. I think I'll be sticking to blushes and skinfinishes only even though I told myself no more MAC blushes. The EDBs are different though due to their flushed from within glow. Maybe a lipstick, but hopefully I can resist.

SavannahLovely

Oh my gosh, thank you Liba!!!!!! Superb will be mine, as will the peach EDSF, and most likely the other, unless it like Shape the Future or darker. The two EDB will be mine too probably. The lipsticks are a grey area for me. Hopefully I don't want a lot of them, because the skin finishes and blushes will make enough damage to my wallet lol. Time to start saving for this collection!

Latest posts