MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

KrystalAnne

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
This collection sounds like it'll be one I like a lot and get a lot of use out of! Did you see any promo pics?

Miss Dynamite

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
Looks like I better go easy on the holiday collection because this one is gonna be expensive. Need like 5 At Dusks, at least 1 of the other 2 blushes, a couple eyeshadows and lipsticks/lipglasses. Can't wait to see an actual color story...I don't understand why we don't have it yet, this stuff always leaks earlier than it should.

liba

This collection sounds like it'll be one I like a lot and get a lot of use out of! Did you see any promo pics?
The promo pic was very basic - just someone's beautiful face very close up. I glanced briefly at the face charts - it's all about subtly sultry eyes and soft MLBBs and cheeks that are defined without being too strongly colored.

Tahlia

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!! This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8. First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly. Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor. For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak. The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.  The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes. All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
I can't wait!!! Thank you for the information

BriarRose

Thanks liba! Sounds lovely, but luckily I can skip all this! I avoid the ED formula nowadays (the odor bothers me and the EDES irritate my eyes). None of the lip or fl colors sound my speed either. Money saved!

lovingmakeup

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

thanks for all your effort and time !!

moonzie

Thanks liba!!! I got to see the color story last week and meant to write all this down, but then I forgot everything other than the few re-promotes that I noticed. I also freaked out when I saw the color story because it just looks SO dope. I'm so pumped for all these neutrals! AhhhhH!!!

moonzie

That fluidline or pp in chocolate brown was to die for, so you may want to consider it if you're lighter than NW50. I love the lit from within aspect to these blushes too. I have a huge dent in At Dusk so I may actually buy my very first blush BU.

The promo pic was very basic - just someone's beautiful face very close up. I glanced briefly at the face charts - it's all about subtly sultry eyes and soft MLBBs and cheeks that are defined without being too strongly colored.
Also, do you remember there being a terracotta EDSF? I remember that other than the peach EDSF and Superb that there was one that was described as terracotta. It sounded amazing!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you, Liba! I'm looking forward to the lipsticks. Other than that I'm not wowed by anything in the upcoming collections, this one or Punk Couture. I guess I won't buy a lot of MAC until the spring collections.

ladyarwen

I could definitely use more MLBB lipsticks. Most of the ones I have are so bold. XD
Oh shit, I just realized this was coming out the same day as PC. Damnit, I was really hoping it'd be January!

Audrey C

Peach EDSF? Come to mama!

I don't need any more EDES unless I absolutely fall in love with one. I've gorged on e/s palettes lately. I may cave on Superb too, but not if it's tinman shiny.

My first Apres Chic and Glamourdaze are almost done; I'm sure I'll finish both this fall. I actually backed both up and I've thus far only done that with three lippies (Oh Oh Oh being the third). Both are great office colours. If there are more along that line, I'll have to check them out.

ChosenOne

I find it really interesting that MAC is bringing out a collection filled with very natural colors (this one) and very bold colors (Punk Couture) at the same time. Guess they want to have all their bases covered for the gift card-spending rush! When it comes to MLBB colors, I really need to see them in person to know what will likely look good on me. I doubt a peachy EDSF will look better on me than WOG, I don't desire any more EDES, and although the new blushes sound pretty, I'm not sure if I'm sold on them just yet. So basically I have no clue where I stand on this collection right now, lol.

liba

Also, do you remember there being a terracotta EDSF? I remember that other than the peach EDSF and Superb that there was one that was described as terracotta. It sounded amazing!
If you saw the color story and remember terra-cotta, that makes sense. I couldn't retain all the details just reading the page once. I figured I will probably buy it and that's when my brain stopped :p

MissTT

That fluidline or pp in chocolate brown was to die for, so you may want to consider it if you're lighter than NW50. I love the lit from within aspect to these blushes too. I have a huge dent in At Dusk so I may actually buy my very first blush BU.
I got burned by Dark Diversion f/l; it didn't show up on me for some reason so I won't mess around those again. (I'm NC44/45 depending on season.) I have Eclair p/p so I'm not sure about a flat medium brown. My daughter wants my Eclair so she may be interested, but the shimmer in Eclair is what makes it beautiful and dimensional. I have Blazing Haute which I'm not terribly fond of and Yazmin is sending me Flaming Chic soon. I love how the EDB look like an actual natural flush on people.

Copperhead

I got burned by Dark Diversion f/l; it didn't show up on me for some reason so I won't mess around those again. (I'm NC44/45 depending on season.) I have Eclair p/p so I'm not sure about a flat medium brown. My daughter wants my Eclair so she may be interested, but the shimmer in Eclair is what makes it beautiful and dimensional. I have Blazing Haute which I'm not terribly fond of and Yazmin is sending me Flaming Chic soon. I love how the EDB look like an actual natural flush on people.
Have you ever tried it as a shadow base?

Ana A

I'm sorry but what's MLBB?
blush-anim-cl.gif