MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

MissTT

I just gave it to my daughter. It works on her and not as harsh as black. Somehow the purple just melded into my skin and didn't show up. Local Wares is fine though. I haven't reached for that in months. I suppose I should now with Fall being here.

So... EDSF or Diamonds CCB? I'm trying to shop more cognizantly.

ahellokittybaby

I'm so excited for this really nice neutral collection!! Since I started professional school this year I've had to tame my makeup to a more natural look so this is right up my alley!!

liba

I just gave it to my daughter. It works on her and not as harsh as black. Somehow the purple just melded into my skin and didn't show up. Local Wares is fine though. I haven't reached for that in months. I suppose I should now with Fall being here.

So... EDSF or Diamonds CCB? I'm trying to shop more cognizantly.
EDSF is probably going to show pores more than Diamonds does, but if you're oily, Diamonds might not have as good lasting power on the face. I'm dry and I still don't get super great wear time with Diamonds, but it sure is pretty. Another thing - a lot of EDSF colors work well to define all my cheekbone structure when I use them all over the cheeks rather than just as a highlight. You won't be able to really do that with Diamonds.

SydVicious

Liba, you are rocking my socks off today!!! A peach EDSF!?!? Shut up! Just take my money already. The EDSF's are my hands down favorite product. :)

raych1984

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!! This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8. First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly. Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor. For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak. The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.  The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes. All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
THANKS LIBA!!! wow, after this info, and the info you gave us on Punk Couture, Divine Night isn't getting any of my $$$!

MRV

I find it really interesting that MAC is bringing out a collection filled with very natural colors (this one) and very bold colors (Punk Couture) at the same time. Guess they want to have all their bases covered for the gift card-spending rush! When it comes to MLBB colors, I really need to see them in person to know what will likely look good on me. I doubt a peachy EDSF will look better on me than WOG, I don't desire any more EDES, and although the new blushes sound pretty, I'm not sure if I'm sold on them just yet. So basically I have no clue where I stand on this collection right now, lol.
They do that every year at this time.

OctoberViolet

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
Thank you for the review liba!!! I'm not sure if I will get anything from this collection since most of my money will be spent on Punk Couture, but since this will be released at the same time, something(s) may slip into my order by accident.
whistle.gif
Especially once we start to see and find out the color story and photos.

Ajigglin

I got to see the color story and some paper swatches of this collection today!!!

This is a ginourmous collection, first off. There are lipsticks (5 or 6), lipglass (same # as the lipsticks), 3 fluidlines (2 new, as far as I recognized, although I didn't make sure they weren't repromotes, and one that sounded familiar that's a repro.), 3 EDSF, 3 EDBs (there may have been 4, but I'm pretty sure not) and a big ass bunch of EDES, I want to say 6 but there honestly may have been 8.

First let's get the bad news out of the way. They are the small EDES and they're going for $19.50, so have a good cry and move on. There are some repromotes and some new ones but they're all what I would call jazzy, warm but soft neutrals. Not yellowish warm, but warm in the sense of warm browns like Divine Decadence, a pretty rusty color with some red in it, soft olive seafoam (that one looked pretty), peach, etc. You get the idea. Sweet Heat was back, if I recall correctly.

Now for the great news. Superb is back and the other 2 are brand new! AND one is peach!!! There weren't swatches of them because they weren't there at the update that day yet. The other one I can't recall the exact description of, but it was a soft brown sort of color. 'Sounded great and not orangey. I don't recall "warm" being a descriptor.

For the EDBs, At Dusk is back plus 2 new ones. One was called Autoerotique, which I thought was hilarious. I honestly didn't retain the descriptions very well but one was a coral. Actually, it sort of struck me as they were both rather coral-ish, like a warmer brighter one and a softer one. I didn't bother to pay attention because honestly, I am going to buy them both so I just threw caution to the wind, so to speak.

The fluidlines were soft, mid-tone, neutral, etc. in keeping with this collection. There was a GORGEOUS chocolatey brown that wasn't too dark or too warm and did not have any sparkle or sheen at all. Wow, I loved that one so much!!! I want to say one was Feminine Edge (I guess they want these to be used as bases) BUT I am going to admit that part of my brain is thinking it was Let's Skate, which would mean these are paint pots, not f/ls and I am just getting myself mixed up. The last color was a more sparkling but not glittery or sheer taupe that was very pretty.

The lipsticks and lip glasses are all very soft and MLBB shades. Not overly cool. These didn't look outrageously amazing in teeny paper swatches, but there was a nice color that was somewhat like Apres Chic in both formulas, plus soft warm nude, cooler pale pinker colors, etc. I bet there will be a few that will be great when worn - real day to day sorts of things. Didn't look particularly matte, but I didn't check the finishes.

All-in-all, this is the sort of collection Apres Chic was, with colors you're going to be wearing all year. Apres Chic was a little more gussied up, color-wise, while this color story is much more based on naked colors and MLBB, with just a touch of gentle smoke to the eyes for sultriness. I'm ready!!!
since i'm pretty much a lippie fanatic, it sounds like i can skip this. thanks, liba!

Denae78

I need all the blushes. I only bought flaming chic and blazing haute last time but I love them so much.

IHughes

I had missed this thread! Now I'm following!! I'm starting to wonder how much I'll actually get from Divine Night... I'm not interested in the lippies from Punk Couture so I may get more things from this collection!!

Shellcat

Addict4MAC

Oh boy. This is going to be an expensive collection for me. I wasn't into MAC when Apres Chic or Extra Dimension (I think) were released so I don't have any ED products. Plus I love anything neutral. I can't wait!
th_wiggle2.gif

Thank you Liba! You're amazing!

BuickMackane

I have a feeling this collection won't inflict much damage on my financial status.

I've had similar feelings in the past.... and they've been proven wrong once swatches started popping up.

Debbs

I was in the middle of getting info but duty called (in-person customer service) so convo had to be ended abruptly however I learnt a few things There will be a EDSF called Magentic Appeal which is on the gold side, not quite like WOG but very similar? EDES x 6 soft pinky ones, silver and grey plus the one I am going to back up by description alone-Amourous Alloy- a terracotta (sp) rust/copper one Glosses- Hellbound (brick red with gold pigments)- this one is mine definitely Steal Kiss-pinky mauvy tone-this one may be mine Overspiced-a coral one-will see about this one HTH Silver Dawn-grey mauve, deeper tone purplish Fluidlines and lipsticks and same day a Fossy Lash collection with 3 new color mascaras A lot of coral and light colors and of course "Magnetic Nude is the bomb" (Erine!!!)

misfitted

This is going to be out of control... Between a Superb RP and these new EDSF's, and Punk Couture which I WILL NOT negotiate with myself on WHATSOEVER, I'm going to need to execute this very carefully lol. I might just go ahead and take RiRi Holiday out of my plans! I see too many BU musts. Anything I grab from Punk Couture is getting BU'd, and if these new EDSF's look as awesome as the ED 2012 release EDSF's, they're automatically getting BU'd.

Serenityy

I was in the middle of getting info but duty called (in-person customer service) so convo had to be ended abruptly however I learnt a few things There will be a EDSF called Magentic Appeal which is on the gold side, not quite like WOG but very similar? EDES x 6 soft pinky ones, silver and grey plus the one I am going to back up by description alone-Amourous Alloy- a terracotta (sp) rust/copper one Glosses- Hellbound (brick red with gold pigments)- this one is mine definitely Steal Kiss-pinky mauvy tone-this one may be mine Overspiced-a coral one-will see about this one HTH
Thank you the info! Along with the skinfinishes I'm liking the sound of Hellbound gloss!