MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

kerry-jane88

I always wanted to try the MSFN but never did, because I'm afraid even Light will be too dark. I had the Loose Mineral Foundation in Light and it was too dark and yellowish on me. Would be great if they made a really pale MSFN.
Msfn in light is really light! Every other mac powder or foundation I've tried has been too dark or looked orange on me but this powder is beautiful!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Msfn in light is really light! Every other mac powder or foundation I've tried has been too dark or looked orange on me but this powder is beautiful!
That's good to know! I have a ton of other powders in rotation right now and I planned to get the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral one next. I might try the MSFN after that.

kerry-jane88

That's good to know! I have a ton of other powders in rotation right now and I planned to get the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral one next. I might try the MSFN after that.
i wouldn't be confident in recommending many products, because i know everyone has different preferences, but as far as this powder goes, it comes highly recommended from me if you are also a pale lovely!
i use it over foundations or bb creams, if i buff it in heavily i can use it as a foundation on its own so its a real multitasker.
i think because it's got that kind of light sheen in it that even if i have a completely powdered face it doesn't look like i do, if that makes sense?
its just SO hard to find pale powders in the uk, even ones that are 'translucent' can just give me a weird colour cast.
illamasquas powder is true porcelain but it's very pigmented so i stopped using it in the day because it's a full coverage look.
my sister is even paler than me, opaque white!, and she's just got kroylans powder and it's very good.

i'm interested in brancing into laura mercier too so let me know how that one goes! :)
but in conclusion MSFN light RULES!

SydVicious

I always wanted to try the MSFN but never did, because I'm afraid even Light will be too dark. I had the Loose Mineral Foundation in Light and it was too dark and yellowish on me. Would be great if they made a really pale MSFN.
The lightest shade is very light. I would say it's about an N10. It's less warm toned that my NW10 SFF. Hope that helps. :)

lyseD

Can anyone help me out with this -- I love my Studio Fix Powder foundation for a matte look but the last couple of times I've worn it it has looked kind of chalky. Today after I put it on I sprayed liberally with Fix Plus and it didn't help.

Any suggestions or do I just have to give it up?

Thanks.

VAL4M

Can anyone help me out with this -- I love my Studio Fix Powder foundation for a matte look but the last couple of times I've worn it it has looked kind of chalky. Today after I put it on I sprayed liberally with Fix Plus and it didn't help.

Thanks.
add some liquid highlighter like benefits, Armani etc it give a nice glow

martiangurll

Thanks.
Sheer it out a bit with a primer or moisturizer (Strobe works for that too if you have any). I use a TM to sheer out if I have areas that are too "full coverage"

Debbs

So losing will power, discipline and motivation waiting to save for this collection . I am still very interested however I find myself using up store credits, gifts cards and other funds that were strictly allocated for MN. I am pretty confident i will be getting my items somehow but my haul is looking anorexic at the rate things are going. Santa better be nice to me! I wasn't naughty (I swear) lol. Dying for some more visual stimulation

Tatiana87

I'm loving this collection. Can't wait to get my hands on those lippies
th_DANCE.gif

erine1881

The mineralize loose tends to run darker and more yellow anyway, so don't use those colours to compare to the MSFN. The light MSFN will definitely work for you, I'm sure of it!
I'll vouch for Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I'm about to hit pan on mine, and i think i've never hit pan on anything before.
I can't even count how many I've gone thru over the years!
Can anyone help me out with this -- I love my Studio Fix Powder foundation for a matte look but the last couple of times I've worn it it has looked kind of chalky. Today after I put it on I sprayed liberally with Fix Plus and it didn't help. Any suggestions or do I just have to give it up? Thanks.
Well, since it's a powder, using liquids/creams to sheer it out as others suggested won't work. What do you mean by chalky, too light or too powdery? To me, chalky means too white/light. If its too light, just get colour matched for the next shade up. If it's too powdery, Fix+ will help with this, to an extent. How are you applying it? If you're using the sponge, try using a large powder brush and then use fix+ if it's still looking a bit powdery. The sponge applies it at its fullest coverage, which will make it heavier and more powdery on the skin. A large powder brush is ideal when applying it as opposed to the sponge. I recommend everyone throw the sponge out. I hate that thing!

IHughes

I have good skin and don't really need foundation but I've tried MSFN on it's own and the finish is too powdery for my liking. I prefer to use a bb cream, tinted moisturiser, face and body or a different dewy foundation and powder the t-zone lightly with MSFN.

SydVicious

Thanks.
This is how I have been applying it recently and It's been looking lovely. I have in the past had it look too powdery and not melt into the skin as nicely as it should. Make sure you moisturize and prime your skin. You don't want to add the dry powder onto dry skin. I then apply is with a MAC 163 flat top contour brush. I saw Dustin Hunter do a review on this brush and he mentioned that he liked it for applying the powder plus foundation, so I gave it a try and I really love it. It gives a bit of a heavier application than a powder brush, but the 163 is dense enough to really blend out the powder. Then I make sure I add a bit of cheek contour, blush, highlighter. Then spray 2-3 sprays of Fix +. So really you are sandwiching the powder between the creams on your face and the fix +. :)

cyclops68

Thanks.
I'm thinking that it looks off the last couple of times you've worn it because the weather is turning cold and your skin is drying out, which makes the powder look all the more obvious. Hydrating it with a good moisturizer beforehand really helps. Using Fix+ afterwards also works, but do you stipple with the 187 when your face is still wet? Spritzing and then stippling helps to tone down the powdery appearance even more than just spritzing only.

lyseD

Well, since it's a powder, using liquids/creams to sheer it out as others suggested won't work. What do you mean by chalky, too light or too powdery? To me, chalky means too white/light. If its too light, just get colour matched for the next shade up. If it's too powdery, Fix+ will help with this, to an extent. How are you applying it? If you're using the sponge, try using a large powder brush and then use fix+ if it's still looking a bit powdery. The sponge applies it at its fullest coverage, which will make it heavier and more powdery on the skin. A large powder brush is ideal when applying it as opposed to the sponge. I recommend everyone throw the sponge out. I hate that thing!
Thanks erine. I think it looks too powdery and I don't use the sponge I use a large duo fibre brush. Next time I'll try it with a large powder brush.

My daughter says I'm being ridiculous and looking at myself 1/4 inch from the mirror is not how anyone else sees it. She may be right.
amuse.gif

lyseD

Thanks.
This is how I have been applying it recently and It's been looking lovely. I have in the past had it look too powdery and not melt into the skin as nicely as it should. Make sure you moisturize and prime your skin. You don't want to add the dry powder onto dry skin. I then apply is with a MAC 163 flat top contour brush. I saw Dustin Hunter do a review on this brush and he mentioned that he liked it for applying the powder plus foundation, so I gave it a try and I really love it. It gives a bit of a heavier application than a powder brush, but the 163 is dense enough to really blend out the powder. Then I make sure I add a bit of cheek contour, blush, highlighter. Then spray 2-3 sprays of Fix +. So really you are sandwiching the powder between the creams on your face and the fix +. :)
Thank you Syd.